• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they are confused. If I am not mistaken, the Kirvens are hosting the Vols coaches this week. Big difference.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah. They also said that the Kirvens are hosting all of his finalists this week...and they think Dooley was at Brookville to see Kirven today. Probably only one of these things is actually happening.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lynchburg-Brookville, Virginia standout Korren Kirven, thought by many to be leaning to Virginia Tech, has Alabama and Tennessee atop his list according to Brookville athletics director Larry Kidd."

Seems to confirm what's been posted to the board over the past couple of days...hope Kirven's primary recruiter, Bryan Stinespring and Coach Cav are on this. I bet they both know Kidd personally.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was assuming "atop his list" meant at the top of his list, which I wouldn't really believe at all. I suppose he could simply be saying that they are on his list. When I first read it I thought they were saying that while Kirven favored us at one point, Bama and UT are on top now.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks sparko! Don't really know what to think of this...

"It's always been Alabama and Tennessee in my conversations with him," Kidd says of the 6-4, 285-pound Kirven. "The other schools, including Virginia Tech and Maryland, have been down the list a little bit."

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah -- not sure .. Numerous reports last week said that Kirven already had an "idea" of where he wanted to go. I'm sure he's spent time at VT already but he hasn't had his OV yet, so if he trully said that -- can't be good for us IMO .. They say he's been high on Bama all along too but their class is pretty much full. My guess is there won't be a spot for KK at Bama unless Bama loses on Eddie Goldman (which it looks to be FSU for him). But this was said before Sal took off to Tennessee too. Word was that Kirven's parents didn't make the trip to Rocky Top (which bode bad for them) .. BUT rumor has it that they're making a trip to Tennessee mid-week this week (good for Tennessee IMO). If what the Brookville AD says is true, see ya KK and it was probably wrong for him to show Kirven's cards like that. It's all a game and there is definitely a pecking order (especially with Alabama) and Kirven is not at the top of the pecking order. Who knows .. but VT may be on the outside looking in on this one?

Caleb?? Looks like it's between us and WVU -- I just dont see Caleb passing us up for WVU -- but my Hokie pride may be getting in the way

Ekanem?? I've found ZILCH on him .. He must be keeping his cards close.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah -- not sure .. Numerous reports last week said that Kirven already had an "idea" of where he wanted to go. I'm sure he's spent time at VT already but he hasn't had his OV yet, so if he trully said that -- can't be good for us IMO .. They say he's been high on Bama all along too but their class is pretty much full. My guess is there won't be a spot for KK at Bama unless Bama loses on Eddie Goldman (which it looks to be FSU for him). But this was said before Sal took off to Tennessee too. Word was that Kirven's parents didn't make the trip to Rocky Top (which bode bad for them) .. BUT rumor has it that they're making a trip to Tennessee mid-week this week (good for Tennessee IMO). If what the Brookville AD says is true, see ya KK and it was probably wrong for him to show Kirven's cards like that. It's all a game and there is definitely a pecking order (especially with Alabama) and Kirven is not at the top of the pecking order. Who knows .. but VT may be on the outside looking in on this one?

Caleb?? Looks like it's between us and WVU -- I just dont see Caleb passing us up for WVU -- but my Hokie pride may be getting in the way

Ekanem?? I've found ZILCH on him .. He must be keeping his cards close.

WTF Sparko!!! If you dont have any good news dont come with any at all!! Geez.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel VERY VERY GOOD on Ekanem and Caleb.....luke warm on Kirven.

Define luke warm....the leader? 50/50?

I am a bit disturbed by the AD's statements if true. Just cannot see what Tennessee currently has to offer over VT for Kirven...besides some hostesses during his visit. Saban is a dirty snake....hope Kirven is aware of Saban's history of handling players.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define luke warm....the leader? 50/50?

I am a bit disturbed by the AD's statements if true. Just cannot see what Tennessee currently has to offer over VT for Kirven...besides some hostesses during his visit. Saban is a dirty snake....hope Kirven is aware of Saban's history of handling players.

Hope KK doesnt have "starry eyes" over 'Bama. While he will have to compete anywhere he goes, I wouldnt imagine he would even sniff the grass in Bryant Denny Stadium for couple years..

But I am sure that they roll out the red carpet in Tuscaloosa for these guys, and they do send alot of players to the league. I wonder how many "Sunday players" that came from these schools never got to the league because they just couldnt break into the depth chart...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not worry. We will fill our biggest needs and then some.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A little insight to the type of person Stanford is....sounds like the anti-Yuri Wright. (Ignore the title of the link and look down the page for "WR picks Virginia Tech")
GT Commit Has Scholarship Pulled

On a side note, I wonder if the VT staff knows about the kid who had his scholie pulled by GT? Here's a quote:

Georgia Tech’s admissions people had his transcript and test score for awhile. Why didn’t they let us know long before this? We’re finding out just now? This kid has been committed to Georgia Tech for 11 months, we didn’t talk to other schools because he was committed there, and now this happens 10 days before National Signing Day?

....and....

Gnonkone’s coach said he has a 3.235 core GPA. Georgia Tech’s admissions office may have been behind the scholarship withdrawal.

“I’ve always given all of Junior’s academic information to Georgia Tech’s people as soon as I got it,” White said. “For the last four months, they said, ‘Coach, I think we’re going to be OK, I think we’re going to be OK.’ And then Georgia Tech’s admission office came back a couple of weeks ago and said let’s take the test one more time. So we went ahead and signed up for the SAT couple of weeks ago. The next thing I know, Georgia Tech is withdrawing the offer. I’m trying to figure it out because this kid has never made a C in high school. I’ve got the NCAA Clearinghouse’s sliding scale right front of me, and Junior has met the requirements to play Div. I football. Now are Georgia Tech’s standards a little higher? I don’t know. I just know he’s qualified to play Div. I football.”

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for pure fun

not that there should be any substance to this -- but noticed this today on directsnap:

SkipatureJay Gatsby
DT prospect Korren Kirven wants to major in architecture....

Not sure where the hell that came from but, as far as I can tell, Alabama doesn't have an architecture program .. wouldn't read much into that

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are hearing more and more about this kind of stuff. I really hope the VT staff and recruiting philosophy never resorts to these kind of tactics. He was probably dumped when someone better wanted a spot, or they have someone else wanting a spot. Kid had a 3.2 GPA and got sent packin with 10 days left?? Smells like a rotten ass fart. PJ is a douche.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not that there should be any substance to this -- but noticed this today on directsnap:

SkipatureJay Gatsby
DT prospect Korren Kirven wants to major in architecture....

Not sure where the hell that came from but, as far as I can tell, Alabama doesn't have an architecture program .. wouldn't read much into that

Both Tech and Tennessee have a College of Architecture, but Alabama doesn't.