• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ahhh

yeah -- just saw that .. good for him and good luck to him .. don't blame him

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Caleb said in a Scout interview the thing that he looks for the most is depth chart. He doesn't expect to play as a freshman but would like to ASAP. And WVU and VT offer the best chance of that.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AndrewJBone Andrew Bone
Four-star DT Korren Kirven returns home from OV to #Bama. Tells me he has an idea of where he will choose on signing day. #Bama, #Tenn, #VT

AndrewJBone Andrew Bone
Kirven on Alabama: "They one one of the great sports names in the country along with the Lakers, Yankees and Cowboys."

Andrew Bone is the FoxSports/Scout.com Football Recruiting Analyst out of Birmingham, AL.

Last edited by a moderator:

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AndrewJBone Andrew Bone
Four-star DT Korren Kirven returns home from OV to #Bama. Tells me he has an idea of where he will choose on signing day. #Bama, #Tenn, #VT

Andrew Bone is the FoxSports/Scout.com Football Recruiting Analyst out of Birmingham, AL.

has he had his OV with us?

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn...well i hope his idea is playing in the 'burg...

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
guess we'll see .. it's funny reading all of these WVU boards talking about caleb like he's such a sure shot now cuz espn said so .. and mom liked the visit too...i mean -- what is the kid supposed to say? morgantown was a real piece?? he's gonna be diplomatic .. wonder how many 'eer toolbags paid up for a rivals and/or insider subscription to read that rag?? oh and since we already have 28 commits and we got a WR commit today, that's good for their chances??

kirven .. hmmm .. i'm sure he's already been to vt for unofficials .. we shall see

CLOSE SHANE -- DAMNIT !!!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Romond Deloatch commits to Temple but will still listen to Va. Tech

QUOTE:

"Following a weekend trip to Philadelphia, Phoebus wideout Romond Deloatch said he expects to be playing for Temple next season.

Deloatch, whose stock rose after his performance in the state championship game, said he liked what the program has to offer and his chances of early playing time.

“I feel I’ll be able to play there as a freshman,” Deloatch said. “And they play in the Eagles’ stadium (Lincoln Financial Field). They showed me a nice time up there this weekend, and I can see myself playing there for a few years.”

While Deloatch says he is committed to Temple, he did leave door ajar. He said Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer is expected to come by Phoebus Tuesday. The Hokies have not offered Deloatch, but he said, “I’ll talk to them and see what’s up.”

Deloatch, 6-foot-5 and 220 pounds, had 40 catches for 821 yards and nine touchdowns last season. In Phoebus’ 20-10 win over South County in the Group AAA Division 5 final, he caught five passes for 148 yards and two touchdowns.

Temple went 9-4 last season and beat Wyoming in the New Mexico Bowl."

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I would commit there too if VT hadn't even given an offer yet, I didn't know that was the case

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kenneth Crawley has committed to....... Colorado....huh?? smh

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“@SupaStarLo_MMG: I had to go to a program and make a difference not to a program where in just going to be looking” -Ken Crawley

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Okay, look....I've been around football all my life and had a dad who coached at the high school level for 55 years, most of it as a head coach. I've also paid pretty close attention to Tech's football program since 1967, particularly the offensive line. I played offensive line in high school and the military, and I had an offer to play semi-pro ball in California after I got out of the military. I feel pretty comfortable that I know what I'm talking about.

You're welcome to your opinion just like everyone else, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it no matter how hard you push it. I see an improvement in Tech's OL development since Coach Newsome's arrival and you and others don't. I don't think you truly understand how bad Tech's offensive line had gotten prior to Coach Newsome's arrival. Within two years of Newsome's arrival, 8 OLs left the program for a variety of "official" reasons. Newsome's starting his sixth year at Tech...just how long do you think it takes to build an "elite" offensive line? Let's agree to disagree and just move on.

:hail:
Haha Calm down man... I never said you did, brother. We obviously disagree and I simply debated you on your statistics. You spazzed out and decided to make it completely personal. I could continue to go back and forth with you with each of us making different points, and neither one of us would be right or wrong. Apparently, you're not open to debate and just exploded on me because of it.

These reactions- such as yours- are why I left TOB and came here, hoping to find more reasonable people open to educated discussion and debate on our favorite team, which is what we all have in common. I'll try to agree with everything you post from here on out. Go Hokies!

Yo Fetti, I know you're new so FYI, TAE will defend out OL coaches and OL play till the death of him. It's not new. Some agree, some don't. It's just a tree that's not worth barking up for most of us.

Thanks for the tip, CKhokie. I find it amusing that carrying on a debate in a message board is considered "barking up a tree," haha. I thought that's what these things were for?

I shared my point of view on the matter, the other poster decided to inform me why he was more qualifed than me to discuss Virginia Tech football, then told me he didn't have to agree with my opinion. The entire post that was directed at me was completely unwarranted and unnecessary except for the last sentence "Let's agree to disagree," which would have been fine.

But in reality, I would've welcomed more debate from TAE, and wouldn't have been offended if he had continued to argue his point. Apparently, that's not something he's open to doing, Lol.....

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Getting back on-topic :: this was posted on the Bama forum concerning Kirven's visit .. Sounds to me like VT is still very well in the thick of it .. and UVA is not

Kirven's Visit to Bama

In other news -- Temple's OC taking off to OC at Auburn -- not sure how that will affect the Deloatch verbal

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd love to see VT close on some or all of these guys. Oh, the drama of signing day.

In any event, VT has a great recruiting class this year, but there is always room for more top-tier talent! I think VT is a better opportunity, but I might be biased a little.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see VT close on some or all of these guys. Oh, the drama of signing day.

In any event, VT has a great recruiting class this year, but there is always room for more top-tier talent! I think VT is a better opportunity, but I might be biased a little.

Get your popcorn ready.... :pop2:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your popcorn ready.... :pop2:

I get the quote... unless your not quoting TO and please correct me if you're not...

But the preceded one of the worst, ill-faded stints of any "big name" talent I can remember... maybe only Jagr to DC or Jordan to the Wizards was worse.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just did some searching on the Korren Kirven front:

Volnation seems to think he is taking a mid-week visit to UT with his parents (that's bad news in my opinion, but we get the last visit)

Here is a quote I saw on one of the Bama websites, not sure of the original source or how to interpret it.

"As the recruiting process begins to wind down, the Crimson Tide has moved to the forefront for one of the nation's elite defensive linemen. Lynchburg-Brookville, Virginia standout Korren Kirven, thought by many to be leaning to Virginia Tech, has Alabama and Tennessee atop his list according to Brookville athletics director Larry Kidd."