• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass protection was very solid this year. Definitely played a big part in LT gaining confidence and throwing all over opponents most of the year. Our running offense sucked though, we were something like 116th in the nation in plays for 0 yards or for a loss and we couldn't punch it in in the goal line like we could in years past.

A lot of that has to do with D. Wilson.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not very bright to put those tweets up, but not worthy of getting a schollie pulled in my opinion. i think hes getting too much heat personally, but i digress.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably his weight. If he can't add any weight he would make a nasty ILB. Kid lays the mother f***in wood. We need kids with this meanness. And he never, ever gives up. I really like what I see in Willenbrock. A 6'4 260, if he were 30lbs heavier, I think he'd be 5 star material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Probably his weight. If he can't add any weight he would make a nasty ILB. Kid lays the mother f***in wood. We need kids with this meanness. And he never, ever gives up. I really like what I see in Willenbrock. A 6'4 260, if he were 30lbs heavier, I think he'd be 5 star material.

Love how he gets down field and finishes plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to pull very well and i do like the intensity. if his weight is why he dropped to a 2 star i think thats pretty silly. he should be able to put some weight on when he gets into our S and C program. win homer is a 4 star and weighs 245 according to ri... thats ridiculous.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
rivals dropped willenbrock to a 2 star...wonder why

Because the Ri__' evaluators are dumber than a box of rocks. Seriously, did any of those "experts" watch his film?

Hey, if he really can't put on weight, let's see how he does at Mike or DE....kid hits hard and NEVER stops!

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because the Ri__' evaluators are dumber than a box of rocks. Seriously, did any of those "experts" watch his film?

Hey, if he really can't put on weight, let's see how he does at Mike or DE....kid hits hard and NEVER stops!

It's because based on their evaluation, he got dominated at the Chesapeake Bowl and was smaller than they thought. It is what it is.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's because based on their evaluation, he got dominated at the Chesapeake Bowl and was smaller than they thought. It is what it is.

Based on his performance in a meaningless all-star game? Really? Where the players have a few days to get used to playing with guys they've never met, and playing in an offensive system that may be completely new to them?

And by smaller than they thought, in what way? They were the first to list him at 260 in the first place.

Brian Mohr usually dies a good job of evaluating prospective recruits. But, the best he can do is push those evals upstairs where they typically get reduced or ignored. You're correct...it is what it is.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Based on his performance in a meaningless all-star game? Really? Where the players have a few days to get used to playing with guys they've never met, and playing in an offensive system that may be completely new to them?

And by smaller than they thought, in what way? They were the first to list him at 260 in the first place.

Brian Mohr usually dies a good job of evaluating prospective recruits. But, the best he can do is push those evals upstairs where they typically get reduced or ignored. You're correct...it is what it is.

The problem with recruiting is that it's difficult to see most of these guys and when they do, they place alot of emphasis on those one or two times they are able to see a kid play in a live event. They place alot of stock in the All Star events because they're playing against upper echelon players who are most likely going to be playing in FBS.

It's obviously not perfect, but that's how they've always done things. No reason to live and die on it.

As far as size, they thought he was closer to 6'1 than 6'4 which they had previously thought.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem with recruiting is that it's difficult to see most of these guys and when they do, they place alot of emphasis on those one or two times they are able to see a kid play in a live event. They place alot of stock in the All Star events because they're playing against upper echelon players who are most likely going to be playing in FBS.

It's obviously not perfect, but that's how they've always done things. No reason to live and die on it.

As far as size, they thought he was closer to 6'1 than 6'4 which they had previously thought.

Well, regardless of what Ri___ thinks, the Tech coaches made their offer based on their own set of evaluations. They just don't pay any attention to input from any of the recruiting services.

Additionally, in Willenbrock's case, four coaches had to sign off on his offer before it was extended...his recruiting coach (Shane Beamer), his position coach (Coach Newsome), the recruiting coordinator (Coach Cav), and finally, Coach Beamer. I bet they spent a lot more time checking him out on a variety of levels than did any of the recruiting services.