• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No doubt!!! :thumb::clap2:

I think that we will see an uptick in recruiting going forward as well Shane has already started to change the philosophy and mindset of recruiting at Tech, and once Cornell gets going....look out.....

Although it hasn't been mentioned, I think moving Coach Cav to the position of Director of Recruiting and High School Relations has also been a real plus. He's been able to coordinate Tech's recruiting efforts on a 100% basis instead of being torn between those responsibilities and coaching.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Thomas Smith got bumped up a star on rivals. Bout time.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like Thomas Smith got bumped up a star on rivals. Bout time.

OL Adam Taraschke should also be bumped up. In case you haven't looked, here are his measurables according to the free side of Ri___:

Ht:6'6"
Wt:270 lbs
40:5.24 secs
Bench Max:360
Squat Max:600
Shuttle:4.72
Vertical:25 inches

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Rivals bumped JC from the #4 RB in the country to #3

edit: it looks like quite a few guys got bumped as far as their position rankings go

Last edited by a moderator:

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FWIW, Rivals bumped JC from the #4 RB in the country to #3

edit: it looks like quite a few guys got bumped as far as their position rankings go

I believe JC was #3 from their last re-ranking in November. Most guys stayed about the same, except for Manning who jumped big time into the top 15 of CBs.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb to WVU and Kirven to 'Bama or Rocky Top huh...not buying it but that would suck to not land both of these guys. I am with some of you in saying if we dont get 2 or all 3 I think it would be disappointing. We shall see what happens..

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anybody checking out the ESPN chat? I've been trying to send questions about VT recruiting but of course they won't answer them.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like I said on TKP -- We get all EIGHT of em and dump some of the chumps NickSatan-style:

Joel Caleb
Korren Kirven
Ken Ekanem
Romond Deloatch (to prep)
Josh Stanford
---sleepers---
Eddie Goldman
Stefon Diggs
Darius Hamilton

with Avery Young as a maybe

bwahahaha -- we can all dream right?? I say we get 2 out of the 3
Caleb and Kirven/Ekanem -- I think we lose Kirven (just a bad-Bama-feeling -- hope I'm wrong)

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe JC was #3 from their last re-ranking in November. Most guys stayed about the same, except for Manning who jumped big time into the top 15 of CBs.

I'm pretty sure he was 4th, not that it really matters. I wish they didn't have a separate category for all-purpose backs though, I'd like to see how they rate him against the whole bunch

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody checking out the ESPN chat? I've been trying to send questions about VT recruiting but of course they won't answer them.

Seems to me like their only answering questions about the SEC and the big name schools like Oklahoma....im starting to see a pattern here

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm pretty sure he was 4th, not that it really matters. I wish they didn't have a separate category for all-purpose backs though, I'd like to see how they rate him against the whole bunch

Ah you're right, Kimbrow dropped a spot. If you combine the APB and RB, JC would be #11.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seems to me like their only answering questions about the SEC and the big name schools like Oklahoma....im starting to see a pattern here

Yeah call me suprised. I don't even know why I want to ask them a question since I know they have less of an idea than I do or anyone here on this board. I guess I just love watching ESPN be wrong.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not the biggest TSL fan .. but I rummage and they have some decent recruiting articles:

TSL Link here

My same sentiment .. I think that, out of the big 3 left, Caleb is the most important because:

1. We're looking good on D with this class
2. OSU/WVU are big "regional" recruiting challengers
3. He's the best overall athlete of the 3
4. I'll be severely pissed if we lose a top 5-VA athlete to the couch-burners

C'mon Shane !!!! Close damn-it like none of these other coaches know how to !!!!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW Korrens parents did not go to UT with him this past weekend for his OV. Momma Kirven is a big Hokie fan. :peace2:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the biggest TSL fan .. but I rummage and they have some decent recruiting articles:

TSL Link here

My same sentiment .. I think that, out of the big 3 left, Caleb is the most important because:

1. We're looking good on D with this class
2. OSU/WVU are big "regional" recruiting challengers
3. He's the best overall athlete of the 3
4. I'll be severely pissed if we lose a top 5-VA athlete to the couch-burners

C'mon Shane !!!! Close damn-it like none of these other coaches know how to !!!!

i want kirven and ekanem more than caleb if i had to choose. kirven and ekanem are 2 top defensive linemen. i feel like we need to continue to build depth along the lines (especially with top, big defensive linemen) rather than receiver. i certainly hope we get all 3, but kirven and ekanem are must gets imo.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Caleb could be important as soon as next year. We have at least two more years with our current starts on the defensive line, plus the players we already have behind them.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree, Caleb could be important as soon as next year. We have at least two more years with our current starts on the defensive line, plus the players we already have behind them.

I agree, our D-line will be solid with or without those guys. With them, it will be special. Our WR corps will struggle without Caleb. He's a much more important piece right now with our depth issues.