• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Here's to hoping they can push MD out of the rotation... unless he can improve his blocking. and route running. and pass catching.

I really dont know what to think of Davis, he just seems to play a lot of uninspired football. Maybe next year when he is "that guy" he will step his play up a bit. If not, im with you: i hope someone pushes him out of the rotation.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
is there going to be some sort of celebration when this thread hits one hundred thousand views???

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 25 VA commits according to Ri___
Virginia Tech -10
Virginia - 6
Others - 5
Uncommited - 4

Looks like we have gotten a handle back on the state so far this year, which is great. Would be even better if we could close with at least a couple more 4star kinda guys..

Top Prospects remaining
Joel Caleb (1)--Just got invited to the Army AA game, maybe a commitment to someone during the game??
Ken Ekanem (4)--Lists us in his final five
Korrin Kirven (7)--Long list, but depending on who you ask is a lock to not even close.

Anyone have any new news on these guys?? Any chance we end up with 2 or ALL of them?? I haven't really heard any of them being much interested in UVA (which I guess is a bonus IF they don't commit here IMO). Where do you think these guys will end up??

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 25 VA commits according to Ri___
Virginia Tech -10
Virginia - 6
Others - 5
Uncommited - 4

Looks like we have gotten a handle back on the state so far this year, which is great. Would be even better if we could close with at least a couple more 4star kinda guys..

Top Prospects remaining
Joel Caleb (1)--Just got invited to the Army AA game, maybe a commitment to someone during the game??
Ken Ekanem (4)--Lists us in his final five
Korrin Kirven (7)--Long list, but depending on who you ask is a lock to not even close.

Anyone have any new news on these guys?? Any chance we end up with 2 or ALL of them?? I haven't really heard any of them being much interested in UVA (which I guess is a bonus IF they don't commit here IMO). Where do you think these guys will end up??

One on your list is committed. None are going to UVA, not even a visit. Expect a larger OOS exodus next year though.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the good guys? :peep:

Thought there was some rumor about Caleb giving VT a verbal a few weeks back, but sources hushed up because he wanted to make it official at the Army AA game. Who knows for sure?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One on your list is committed. None are going to UVA, not even a visit. Expect a larger OOS exodus next year though.

Levenberry seems to be the typical, hyped from his frosh year, OOS kinda guy, Hodges maybe so too. I am sure we will still get a couple top ten guys with a few other Virginians in there. We can still keep going into the SE and get some. What is an early projection/guess on our numbers (schollies available) next year VTFF. I would think it would be significantly less than this year..

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this PSU scandal unfolding I bet there will be some shakeup with their recruiting. Were there any current PSU committs that VT stood a decent chance at? I remember Eugene Lewis having VT high on his list at one point. Time to give this kid a call!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Eugene bails, doubtful he comes here. His spot is taken.

We are looking at about 20 kids next year.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ekanem is rumored to have eliminated UNC and it is between ND and VT, he is expected to take his officials, but I think VT holds a fighters chance ;)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With this PSU scandal unfolding I bet there will be some shakeup with their recruiting. Were there any current PSU committs that VT stood a decent chance at? I remember Eugene Lewis having VT high on his list at one point. Time to give this kid a call!

Just hope after all the dust settles that PSU doesnt go out and pick up a big name HC (urban) that likes to dip into VA.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im not good with how all the #'s work out as far as Early enrolment, Grey shirts, Prep years, etc etc etc, so how many schollies do we have left? Its obvious we are still after Ekanem, Caleb, and Kirven, but will there be any late offers this year?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not good with how all the #'s work out as far as Early enrolment, Grey shirts, Prep years, etc etc etc, so how many schollies do we have left? Its obvious we are still after Ekanem, Caleb, and Kirven, but will there be any late offers this year?

Read somewhere that VT has 5 remaining targets, so that tells me 5 is the majic number whether or not the 5 spots are filled by these 5 targets. I am sure there will be a last minute Maddy or Hosely added :smokin: But I have no problem with leaving some more spots for next years class rather than offering some randoms 2 star recruits.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd still like to add 1more OL in this group.

BTW: TSL claims that Taraschke is likely a GS.

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You boys are forgetting Diggs and Cyrus Jones (the other 2 in that 5).

OT: Anyone headed to Atlanta? I was but came down with strep throat.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soo.. i dont know a lot about recruiting.. do we have a good class coming in next summer? scale of 1-10 (10 being the best)