• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My man JC in action (photo from Recruit757)

Phoebus-@-Oscar-Smith-Scrimmage_0174.jpg

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like he's headed in the right direction despite some early stumbles in the classroom. May be another "steal of the class".
I plan on seeing him play when he plays York, from the small buzz I have heard around the BRD talk in the office (I work with a guy who is a football ref in the area) he is going to be the real deal but is very raw right now, this explains why. Hopefully his year of prep will get him focused on the practice field as well as in the game

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Quote from HamptonRoads.com

"Oscar Smith running back J.C. Coleman became the schools all-time leading rusher with last weeks 301-yard night against Great Bridge. Including playoff games, Coleman has 3,258 yards and 44 touchdowns in his three-year varsity career. The senior, committed to Virginia Tech, has 457 yards in two games this season and scored a school-record five TDs in the 48-20 win over Great Bridge."

WOW!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got word Drew Harris also scored 5 TDs last weekend. Getting him with JC would be great!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Brown narrowed his list and we did nit make it. I don know if that has any real effect on Diggs but figured I would put it out there.

VT_Football,

What do you think we look like for Harris. We have his teammate on board but he seems kind of hard to figure out.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Willenbrock are best friends. He loves the VT O and enjoys his trips.

That being said his family seems to like Miami, even after the Shapiro stuff broke.

And then there is the wildcard of Penn State, who just recently got back in the picture.

Think he will wait until after his senior year to decide. Haven't heard word if he will make an official to VT for a game yet.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, he has stated multiple times he wants to play early in an offense that features the RB. That should play very well with VT's chances!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have to beat out Tony Gregory, Holmes, JC, and Mangus to see time so that might be a negative...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely different back from TG, JC, and Mangus. Holmes isn't automatically the #1 RB either. Mangus is more of a Dyrell athlete than RB so he will probably move to slot. JC is a complement back and is aware of this. Harris would have a much better shot at starting here than most schools.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Also, he has stated multiple times he wants to play early in an offense that features the RB. That should play very well with VT's chances!

How early are we talking???

Would he be willing to RS or would he want to play as a FR even if it meant minimal carries?

(prob doesnt matter because with his talent he is headed toward the league ASAP anyway, so if he's ready as a FR i say play him)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Completely different back from TG, JC, and Mangus. Holmes isn't automatically the #1 RB either. Mangus is more of a Dyrell athlete than RB so he will probably move to slot. JC is a complement back and is aware of this. Harris would have a much better shot at starting here than most schools.

agree 100%. IF DW leaves early our depth chart is wide open, even if he stays we will be breaking in a new core of rec so there should be plenty of carries to go around. FWIW i think Holmes and Coleman would be perfect compliments to one another.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if they are all different they are all competing for the same carries. Im just saying from his standpoint that I would be noticing all the other backs that are on the roster and committed.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Chris Brown has a top 5 and we are in it with Alabama, LSU, USC-E and ND. He wants to play football and run track if he can, we need him to stay with DW when he schedules his official

Edit: Bama and LSU are for track and ND, USC-E and VT are football

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyrus Jones in Blacksburg this weekend for the game

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was out of town this weekend throwing my buddy a bachelor party in the OBX, just heard that Gurley enjoyed the game on Saturday and is going to set an official for 10/8.