• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only if we have a productive O-Line. The question is what is our outlook there in 2-3 years.

After the end of this season, we lose four seniors, all starters. Here are the guys who will be contending for starting slots in 2012...Miller is already a starter.

R-JRs:
-------
Courtney Prince - 2-deep
Nick Becton - 2-deep (Newsome calls him a co-starter)
Michael Via - 2-deep
Vinston Painter - 2-deep

R-SOPHS:
------------
Andrew Miller - Starter
David Wang - currently injured - was in the 2-deep

R-FRESHMEN:
----------------
Matt Arkema - developing
Kory Gough - developing
Brent Benedict - trans from UGA - will be playing in 2012
Nick Acree - developing
Laurence Gibson -developing
Mark Shuman - developing

TR-FRESHMEN:
-----------------
Caleb Farris - listed in 2-deep, but inexperienced
Jake Goins - redshirt

ARRIVING 2012:
-------------------
Jack Willenbrock
Adam Taraschke
Augie Conte

I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up another OL for 2012, somebody who comes along as a late-bloomer.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if Wang will be able to get a 6th year. I think that he was actually hirt during his redshirt year. He is going to be a good one and I would love to not have this be a wasted season for him. I know he played less than 20% of games.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone know if Wang will be able to get a 6th year. I think that he was actually hirt during his redshirt year. He is going to be a good one and I would love to not have this be a wasted season for him. I know he played less than 20% of games.

If Wang ends up losing the entire season, Tech can apply for a medical redshirt at the end of his fifth year. But, I get the sense that he'll be trying his best to return this year.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wang ends up losing the entire season, Tech can apply for a medical redshirt at the end of his fifth year. But, I get the sense that he'll be trying his best to return this year.

I know he will want to play as soon as he is ready but an extra year would be worth more than 3 games.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ekanem is going to cut his list to 5 soon and has stated we are in it with ND and Oregon.

EDIT: Also he will be setting a visit to Blacksburg either Officially or Unofficially

Last edited by a moderator:

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think we are in the lead for Ekanem. It's us and Notre Dame really and I know his family wants him to stay close.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still work to be done. What saved our ass is PSU never offered. He was headed there if they did. Watch out for BC being a darkhorse. Early on he liked them alot but I think thats died down due to their recent lack of success.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Still work to be done. What saved our ass is PSU never offered. He was headed there if they did. Watch out for BC being a darkhorse. Early on he liked them alot but I think thats died down due to their recent lack of success.

Eh, they were a favorite, but I don't know if he would have gone there if they offered. He still likes PSU, but VT is in great position. Should be in better position when he visits.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
whats his position??? DE or LB...we seem set at LB and i thought thats what he wanted to play was LB

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would prefer to play linebacker in a 3-4. for us he would be a defensive end since we are a 4-3 styled defense.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He also wants to play DE if he can drop back into coverage, which our defense does often and effectively. He should get a good glimpse at his future watching James Gayle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ekanem plays at my old high school, Centreville, I hope he continues the tradition of tech players coming out of there.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Has anyone heard anything about DE Jordan Harris out of Menchville in Newport News? Strongside DE at 6'6", 240. He has no offers to date...is he a late-bloomer, or just not good enough for FBS level football?

Jordan Harris - Yahoo! Sports