• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gurley just loves UNC. I'd much rather lose a kid because he loves the school rather than the coaching staff.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a quote from him earlier about his take on the whole UNC NCAA mess... lemme see if I can find it...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From August 26th:

"UNC is still my top school, even with all that's going on there. I feel like I can't take them out of the running just because they get in trouble for something in the past."

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Review of our verbals and how they played this past week on the FREE TSL Blog...

Blogsburg, VA: Home of the Writing Gobblers Blog Archive Weekend In Review: Dooley, Williams Shine In Wins

Noteables:
Jawand Blue has had his initial 6-game suspension reduced to two games.
Thomas Smith is a PLAYER, I don't know much about the competition he played against, I plan on watching him play this season at least once.
Seth Dooley rushed for 168 yards and a score, at 6'5" 225lbs
J.C. Coleman rushed 12 times for 156 yards

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will more than likely be at the Poquoson-Lafayette game Evan. Brunswick is usually pretty bad and I maybe wrong about this but I think they are A? Maybe low AA.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seth Dooley rushed for 168 yards and a score, at 6'5" 225lbs

I guess I'm most impressed by Dooley's performance as a running-back. That is a very athletic young man! I know it's been stated that DE will be his position once he arrives at Tech, but is that the correct slot for him? Could he make a better H-Back/TE, or a big WR?

One more point, and just my opinion, but if he continues to perform at a high level, I seriously doubt he'll be a candidate for a grayshirt. Now, if there are other issues that require prepping (and I have yet to read or hear about any other issues), that will be another story.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will more than likely be at the Poquoson-Lafayette game Evan. Brunswick is usually pretty bad and I maybe wrong about this but I think they are A? Maybe low AA.
I will probably be at the Lafayette - York game (My wife teaches at York), not sure when the game is though. I need to get to the south side and see JC play, hopefully they play Grassfield (my wife's cousin goes there so we can go see some family while over there)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FYI Dakota Jackson has put on some weight and now weighs around 255. He is giving up playing bball to work in the weight room this year also, and has been working with the track coach to get faster.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FYI Dakota Jackson has put on some weight and now weighs around 255. He is giving up playing bball to work in the weight room this year also, and has been working with the track coach to get faster.

High school football preview 2011: On the road that leads to Lane Stadium

Comments on Dakota Jackson about 2/3 down the page.

QUOTE:

Now Jackson hardly resembles his former self. He's bigger -- 250 pounds -- and, get this, faster.

Jackson is one of many Northside football players on head coach Jamie Price's track and field team.

"Dakota was running the second leg on our 4-by-100 relay team, at 250 pounds," Torrence said. "That shows you. One of the other competitors said, "What are you doing over here?' He said, "You're about to find out."

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyrus Jones quote (taken from LeSewer, who stole it from 24/7):

“I would probably have to say Maryland my home school,” Jones
said. “They’re right here. I grew up here. It would be hard if I do have to
say no to them. Virginia would be hard because they were one of the
schools on me from the get go. They recruited (former Gilman
teammate) Darius (Jennings) and that’s when they started recruiting me
too. After that, Alabama would be hard to say no to because I have a
great relationship with Coach Sal Sunseri and I’ve gotten to know him
real well. So those three, I’m cool with everybody, but they’re the ones
I’m real close with the coaches.”

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cyrus Jones quote (taken from LeSewer, who stole it from 24/7):

“I would probably have to say Maryland my home school,” Jones
said. “They’re right here. I grew up here. It would be hard if I do have to
say no to them. Virginia would be hard because they were one of the
schools on me from the get go. They recruited (former Gilman
teammate) Darius (Jennings) and that’s when they started recruiting me
too. After that, Alabama would be hard to say no to because I have a
great relationship with Coach Sal Sunseri and I’ve gotten to know him
real well. So those three, I’m cool with everybody, but they’re the ones
I’m real close with the coaches.”

How long ago was that printed? If it's a recent comment, we won't see Cyrus in O&M. If it was more than a month or two ago, a lot can change in in the head of a 17 yr old in that amount of time.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does Bama seemingly have an offer out to every 4 or 5 star recruit on the east coast? When is that dirt on Bama supposed to surface any way?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey HoHum, do you drive a Hummer and park in Cassell lot on game day? If not its got tags almost identical to your user name.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at R***** and saw a TE named Chris Hall committed from FUMA on 9/7. Anyone have info on this guy? looks like good size.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was looking at R***** and saw a TE named Chris Hall committed from FUMA on 9/7. Anyone have info on this guy? looks like good size.

Hall played with Corey Marshall at Dinwiddie High.

Chris really came along as a QB during his senior year at Dinwiddie. Runs very well, much faster than the 5.1 forty listed by R___s. By mid-season, he was throwing the ball pretty well, too...Marshall and UVA offered him as a QB, while Tech offered him as a TE.

Hall decided on prepping at FUMA to get used to playing TE. Doubt he will stay a full year at FUMA...will probably join the team in Jan 2012.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a good pass catching TE like Andre was. Great red zone weapon

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DavidTeelatDP David Teel
#Hokies commit J.C. Coleman ran for 301 yards and 5 touchdowns on 36 carries last night. Oscar Smith beat Great Bridge 48-20.

Wow! Coleman may not be an every-down back at the FBS level, but I bet he does some damage when he does play! Glad he's going to be on our side!