• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DavidTeelatDP David Teel
#Hokies commit J.C. Coleman ran for 301 yards and 5 touchdowns on 36 carries last night. Oscar Smith beat Great Bridge 48-20.

Wow! Coleman may not be an every-down back at the FBS level, but I bet he does some damage when he does play! Glad he's going to be on our side!

Do we think that because of his height? Just from what I've read about him and interviews, he seems to have the attitude that a feature back needs to have. I love this guy. Even if he can only be a Darren Sproles in the CFB/NFL, DS was a beast at KSU, I'd take that 100/100.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do we think that because of his height? Just from what I've read about him and interviews, he seems to have the attitude that a feature back needs to have. I love this guy. Even if he can only be a Darren Sproles in the CFB/NFL, DS was a beast at KSU, I'd take that 100/100.

From Coleman himself in an earlier post in this thread:

"I don't mind playing with other backs," the 5-8, 190-pounder said. "I don't mind it at all. At my size, I can't take every single carry and I don't expect to take every single carry. Sharing the ball doesn't bother me at all."

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we are going to see and love a LOT of Holmes and Coleman next season. Their styles compliment each other perfectly and will keep defenses on their heels all next year.

I also expect Holmes to be 12-15 pounds bigger next year.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that we are going to see and love a LOT of Holmes and Coleman next season. Their styles compliment each other perfectly and will keep defenses on their heels all next year.

I also expect Holmes to be 12-15 pounds bigger next year.

Agree 100%.

I'm also interested to see Dominique Patterson in action sometime this year.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Coleman himself in an earlier post in this thread:

"I don't mind playing with other backs," the 5-8, 190-pounder said. "I don't mind it at all. At my size, I can't take every single carry and I don't expect to take every single carry. Sharing the ball doesn't bother me at all."

Word. Thats a rather surprising quote to me. Makes me like him even more. What a get.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Caleb and Korren Kirven were at the Penn State game this weekend.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but....

Caleb says even though they lost he had a great time and wants to go to another PSU game.
And Kirven was more interested in Bama, as they are our #1 competitor.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Ekanem is visiting UNC this weekend for their game against the BooHoos. He is a DE recruit for the staff despite his LB ranking by R___.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Ekanem is visiting UNC this weekend for their game against the BooHoos. He is a DE recruit for the staff despite his LB ranking by R___.

I feel like he would be a perfect fit at VT and can easily make the move to 3-4 OLB at the next level if he excels at Tech. They have been having JR and Gayle play about 30% of their time with their hands NOT in the dirt this year, and backing them off into coverage quite a bit, so Foster and Wiles need to focus on making him aware of this. He would be an excellent get for us and hopefully he makes that choice.

If James Harrison continues to get pwned by big tackles for the Steelers, Worilds will get a shot, and that could help us as well. There is already talk up here that Harrison is hurt, and he is not denying it.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is a Worilds clone. Not quite as big or as fast but similar technique and build. He could be just as productive. Looking unlikely he will end up here but until he commits we have a chance. Have also heard other coaches have been in his ear negatively about VT...

Im looking at you ML.

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No loss on Tyson. I have a cousin that plays for Bethel and he said Tyson was nothing special. He also says Rashawn Proctor is a very underrated recruit. Someone will get a steal with him. Back to Tyson, while there was verbal interest from the staff, there was no written offer.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No loss on Tyson. I have a cousin that plays for Bethel and he said Tyson was nothing special. He also says Rashawn Proctor is a very underrated recruit. Someone will get a steal with him. Back to Tyson, while there was verbal interest from the staff, there was no written offer.
I heard the same around the office, Tyson did not look good against Bethal