• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well would you look at this:

http://blogs.roanoke.com/insiders/2011/08/tech-recruit-back-on-the-market/

It looks like our coaches must be playing hardball with our recruits this season, at least with regards to out rival.

I will take Nixon off our list in the morning.

im guessing he's a big uVa lean?

FWIW this is all for the better imo, the writing was already on the wall and we dont need a whole bunch of drama in this recruiting class. I really think that Nixon could have developed into a great WR @ VT, but we wont be hurting without him either. He will prob play and play early @ whoVa because he is a great athlete, but wont grow into the player he could have been with a better staff.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well would you look at this:

http://blogs.roanoke.com/insiders/2011/08/tech-recruit-back-on-the-market/

It looks like our coaches must be playing hardball with our recruits this season, at least with regards to out rival.

I will take Nixon off our list in the morning.

Good for the Tech staff!

To tell you the truth, I've been expecting this to happen. The coaches have done this in the past when verbals thought they could sneak under the radar and visit other schools.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for the Tech staff!

To tell you the truth, I've been expecting this to happen. The coaches have done this in the past when verbals thought they could sneak under the radar and visit other schools.

This could be a message to other recruits as well...

Another spot just opened up! Who wants 10'wins and a BCS invite??!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good for the Tech staff!

Im sure that we explain to these guys what is expected out of them as a recruit but especially after making a commitment. The way i read it is that if he had notified the staff that he planned to visit, this would be no big deal. I like it also, if anything i think this sends a message and hopefully cuts down on some of the drama from recent years.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Doug Doughty list Nixon as a defensive back?

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprised beamer pulled the scholarship, but this is for the best. i dont blame nixon for wanting to play with his high school friends though. at least we have more room now for commits.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
surprised beamer pulled the scholarship, but this is for the best. i dont blame nixon for wanting to play with his high school friends though. at least we have more room now for commits.
Want to compete with the big boys you have to recruit like the big boys...This is common practice and I am glad that it happened. Good job coaches

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, does this officially put the Norfolk Christian School's coaches and players on VT's recruiting ignore list for the future?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys Ive been lurking in this thread for about 3 months and just decided to join.

what I've heard about Manning, is that he is taking OVs more or less to get his HS coaches name out and get press for his hs program. As long as TG is still on the sidelines, Manning is definitely still a Hokie. And fwiw, he rocks his 'D. Manning' embroiderer VT hat at a lot of the camps he attends

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In regards to Nixon I hope he has a great career and I'm pulling for the kid. Jam not trying to slight the kid either but he will not be another Marcus Davis. He has size and that's his greatest attribute. He is definitely D1 but it's hard to project him as a pure wr. I do think he would make a heck of a tight end with his frame. Just when I watch his film I see a marginal route runner playing against smaller competition! I hope he does well Regardless if he goes to UVA or not. But I'm not sad to see him go because I believe we can fill his spot with a better prospect.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys Ive been lurking in this thread for about 3 months and just decided to join.

what I've heard about Manning, is that he is taking OVs more or less to get his HS coaches name out and get press for his hs program. As long as TG is still on the sidelines, Manning is definitely still a Hokie. And fwiw, he rocks his 'D. Manning' embroiderer VT hat at a lot of the camps he attends

Welcome and thanks for the info! I have heard similar stuff.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, does this officially put the Norfolk Christian School's coaches and players on VT's recruiting ignore list for the future?

I dunno, but i wouldnt worry about it. How often does that school put out D-1 talent? I think it's very rare.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If so it is a trade of NCS for HD Woodson (redman wanted to be with his boys) and I will make that trade 1000 times out of 1000.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Nixon I hope he has a great career and I'm pulling for the kid. Jam not trying to slight the kid either but he will not be another Marcus Davis. He has size and that's his greatest attribute. He is definitely D1 but it's hard to project him as a pure wr. I do think he would make a heck of a tight end with his frame. Just when I watch his film I see a marginal route runner playing against smaller competition! I hope he does well Regardless if he goes to UVA or not. But I'm not sad to see him go because I believe we can fill his spot with a better prospect.

Article in the Pilot mentioned folks comparing Nixon to Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates. What players have we recruited who were compared to NFL players while still in HS? :der:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Article in the Pilot mentioned folks comparing Nixon to Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates. What players have we recruited who were compared to NFL players while still in HS? :der:
David Wilson was compared to Reggie Bush when he was in HS. Tyrod was always compared to MV1. It happens more than you think....