• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vince Young

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he makes the team.....he gets better each week.....It wouldn't suck to have him as a backup.......actually I feel better with him as a backup than Graham Harrell......maybe I am crazy?.....I dunno........

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has a long way to go. Needs to learn the system still and he still looks rusty. Missed two touchdowns tonight (although the second on review could have been challenged but was still a bad throw)

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think VY will be ready to start the season but I think by Nov-Dec he'd be the better player between him and Harrell.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to pretend to be an expert, but to me it looked like he made the right reads and threw to the open receiver, he was just either behind on the play or made an inaccurate throw. Not sure how this projects as he gets more comfortable in the offense.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to pretend to be an expert, but to me it looked like he made the right reads and threw to the open receiver, he was just either behind on the play or made an inaccurate throw. Not sure how this projects as he gets more comfortable in the offense.

He has to learn the playbook more so the offense can open up more for him. He still is working with a limited play selection, as he grows more comfortable things will open up more for him and if everything went to heck, he would know the offense. He also needs to work on timing routes with the receivers.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think VY will be ready to start the season but I think by Nov-Dec he'd be the better player between him and Harrell.

+1

Young looked better this week, but he is locked in on 1 target downfield always it appears... his ability to run ball creates another issue for defenses and he showed his mobility. Wish he was here when OTAs began to start learning the offense. If he had to play early in the season I do not think it would be pretty.

Harrell played well yesterday and he looks comfortable in the offense. But he does not always instill confidence yet... but he looked much better this game.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for VY, he's got 2 more games. IIRC, he was 5 for 29 at one point in the game. :sly:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think he should have been cut from the Bills a few years ago I thought he out played Thigpen.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point I still have absolutely zero confidence we have a back up QB capable of leading anything that will look like an NFL offense. Harrell might make a play or two, but I have a feeling in games that count, he'd be turning the ball over before we'd score if we had to drive the length of the field.

Coleman????? please no, not yet, he's not close to being ready.

Young? I don't know that he will get enough time or reps to show much. He is intriguing, but there are reasons he was a #3 pick and was still looking to latch onto a team midway thru training camp. He's intriguing, and has talent, but that doesn't always translate to the field. He improved some from game 1 to 2, let's see if he continues the progression. He has a lot of work to do and has to learn in a less than ideal situation. Limited reps and very quickly and then produce and instill enough confidence to overtake a guy the coaches apparently see enough in, they've kept him around for 4 years.

blackboard83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Vince Young, he's always been a winner despite the perception. Given GB's talented receivers plus his ability to run, I think he will make a great backup for Rodgers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love having Young as a backup on my team.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Jets must be REALLY desperate.......they just signed Harrell.......

coulomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut - I guess it was just too comfortable having a backup QB with any actual experience.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut - I guess it was just too comfortable having a backup QB with any actual experience.
I am thinking that TT has his eye on someone who was cut or may be cut........we will see......BJ Coleman is definitely NOT the answer. I know he liked C. McCoy at one time......