• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vin Scully to return next year

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angry yes but there is never a boring moment being a Bills or Mets fan. I mean at anytime you Franchise guy can break his leg off, or someone makes a stupid trade for your owner could be taken for Millions again.

:laugh3:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers After Vin Scully

I really just can't imagine being able to listen to a Dodgers game without Vin Scully - The man has been announcing longer then I've been alive and the other guys that fill in are just slightly less then Okay. It is going to be a sad day for the baseball world. The only one as great as Vin Scully was the late Chick Hearns in the NBA for the Lakers. I'm sure everyone has their favorites, but Vin seems to have an unlimited supply of stories from the past and he tells them like he witnessed every event which I think he did - lol

Dodger fans should cherish this guy as long as they can

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really just can't imagine being able to listen to a Dodgers game without Vin Scully - The man has been announcing longer then I've been alive and the other guys that fill in are just slightly less then Okay. It is going to be a sad day for the baseball world. The only one as great as Vin Scully was the late Chick Hearns in the NBA for the Lakers. I'm sure everyone has their favorites, but Vin seems to have an unlimited supply of stories from the past and he tells them like he witnessed every event which I think he did - lol

Dodger fans should cherish this guy as long as they can

imagine it...it will be true sooner than later.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Dodgers, but I love Vin.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skully is something special.

He grew up a die-hard Giants fan. Not sure how his life went SOOO wrong...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vin Scully's the best in the majors at what he does. Great to see he'll be back for another year.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vin Scully says he's OK with adding a protege to Dodgers booth - LA Times

They're talking about tossing a protege into the booth with him? Please, no! :hope: Also, just realized that he'll only do road trips to Anaheim and San Francisco next season, not even San Diego. :bawling: Means I'll have to watch the awful Dick Enberg do Dodgers/Padres games at Petco.

I do not watch SF/SD games at all. MLBnet obviously blacks out the Giants feed, but I cannot stomach the Padre broadcast team. I just listen on the radio.

I will, at least a few times a year, watch/listen to the opposing teams broadcasts, just to get a different flavor. I will not claim to be an expert on all of them, but I do feel secure in calling the Padre team the worst in the league. Just pure painful.

The Mets team, I found, was actually quite good.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best that will ever be in the sport of baseball calling a game. And yes, I have "drifted" to sleep on the couch while listening to Scully call a ballgame. But that's a good thing.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the Dodgers one bit, but when I need a fix of a late night baseball game and the Yankees/Reds aren't playing i'll turn on a Dodgers game just for Vin. I'll miss the guy when he does retire.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vin Scully is a national treasure. I hope he keeps on going and going.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna do something I very, very rarely ever do and that's compliment someone from the Dodgers organization lol. I'm a Phillies fan, but I'm watching the game on the LAD broadcast with Vin Scully commentating. I got to admit he is very professional and compliments quite a few of the Giant's players like Pagan last night and mentioned Posey had won the batting title back in 2012 and was hitting the ball hard in all 4 of his at-bats. He does his research and stays unbiased to his LONG time team's most bitter rival. Can't hate on the man for that. He hasn't fallen off his game one bit over the years and that deserves a lot of respect!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping there's a shot in the dark for him to call the World Series if the Dodgers make it that far.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping there's a shot in the dark for him to call the World Series if the Dodgers make it that far.

Exactly what I was wondering about! If they get there, we need him to be in the booth. If you love baseball, you love Vin.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest thing about Vin Scully, and I don't think any other announcer has accomplished this to such a degree, is that he's not a "homer," meaning he doesn't overtly root for the Dodgers, but by listening to him, YOU root for the Dodgers. Baseball has a lot of dull moments and Vin has always filled those in with wonderful stories.

Get well and I'll look forward to "Well, Hi, everybody and a very pleasant good evening to you wherever you may be..." because you have made them very pleasant good evenings and I'm not even a Dodgers fan.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest thing about Vin Scully, and I don't think any other announcer has accomplished this to such a degree, is that he's not a "homer," meaning he doesn't overtly root for the Dodgers, but by listening to him, YOU root for the Dodgers. Baseball has a lot of dull moments and Vin has always filled those in with wonderful stories.

Get well and I'll look forward to "Well, Hi, everybody and a very pleasant good evening to you wherever you may be..." because you have made them very pleasant good evenings and I'm not even a Dodgers fan.

I don't hate the Dodgers because I was at the ravine the first month I was born but mainly because of Vin.