• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings Have Reached Out to Brees

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Fantasy Pros.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. He said he was returning to the Saints, and had no intention of going anywhere else in an interview on Ellen. (my wife watches it)

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Fantasy Pros.

Interesting. He said he was returning to the Saints, and had no intention of going anywhere else in an interview on Ellen. (my wife watches it)

May be true that Brees isn't going anywhere, but the Vikings wouldn't be doing their due diligence if they didn't at least inquire.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of surprising NO doesn't have this contract done,

Good for the Vikings, they have all the pieces in place minus that QB spot....

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be true that Brees isn't going anywhere, but the Vikings wouldn't be doing their due diligence if they didn't at least inquire.
Bradford, Bridgewater, Keenum....now considering Cousins and Brees? Damn.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of surprising NO doesn't have this contract done,

Good for the Vikings, they have all the pieces in place minus that QB spot....

I'm hoping beyond hope that all the stars somehow align and Brees winds up going to Minnesota. I hate to sound like a homer, but IMO, Brees would be making a big mistake not to at least consider going to the Vikings.

The Vikes will be able to pay him more, provide a better defense, and better receiving group than he has in New Orleans. The return of Dalvin Cook + Latavius Murray RB tandom is on par with Karmara/Ingram. He'd also get to continue playing 9+ games per year indoors if he goes to MN. The NFC North is also a weaker division overall than having to deal with Atlanta and Carolina in the NFC South.

I definitely don't really see him going anywhere, but the only advantage New Orleans can offer Brees is over MN is being able to retire a Saint and stay with Sean Payton. But if he goes to MN he'd be paid handsomely and they'd automatically be considered serious title contenders. It's absolutely crazy to imagine Brees throwing to Thielen/Diggs with Dalvin Cook in the backfield.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford, Bridgewater, Keenum....now considering Cousins and Brees? Damn.

Well, i guess if the Vikings own ALL the QBs in the league, no one else will have any

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping beyond hope that all the stars somehow align and Brees winds up going to Minnesota. I hate to sound like a homer, but IMO, Brees would be making a big mistake not to at least consider going to the Vikings.

The Vikes will be able to pay him more, provide a better defense, and better receiving group than he has in New Orleans. The return of Dalvin Cook + Latavius Murray RB tandom is on par with Karmara/Ingram. He'd also get to continue playing 9+ games per year indoors if he goes to MN. The NFC North is also a weaker division overall than having to deal with Atlanta and Carolina in the NFC South.

I definitely don't really see him going anywhere, but the only advantage New Orleans can offer Brees is over MN is being able to retire a Saint and stay with Sean Payton. But if he goes to MN he'd be paid handsomely and they'd automatically be considered serious title contenders. It's absolutely crazy to imagine Brees throwing to Thielen/Diggs with Dalvin Cook in the backfield.

I agree...

When this whole all in for Cousin's came out I was thinking that I can't believe they wouldn't try and go all in on Brees, two different QB's but one that actually wins the big game.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy to land him and don't understand why the Saints are doing by not locking him up before now.

That being said, this is probably being done for several reasons.

One, scare the Saints to up their offer to him.

Two, to see if he actually would be interested in moving.

Finally, it keeps the NFL off the backs of the Vikings, who may be the most guilty of tampering with a player than any team in the last 5 years.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really think Minny has the oline to protect Brees? I think if Brees goes to minny, theyll be scraping him off the field every game they play a decent defense. I think Minny would be better off going with a more mobile option and Brees would be better off staying in a system he knows very well and with a better oline.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt Brees would leave NO. Min would have to outbid NO by about $1.2m in aav just to make the contracts even in terms of value after tax liabilities are figured in.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt Brees would leave NO. Min would have to outbid NO by about $1.2m in aav just to make the contracts even in terms of value after tax liabilities are figured in.
well the Saints were offering 22 mil. So I could see the Vikes topping that.
& if the Vikes truly aren't afraid to go all guaranteed contract. I could see the Vikes putting a proposal together to atleast make Brees think about changing colors.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The actual number in value difference is likely far below that number I posted since I based it off of $30 mil. But that is per season in tax liability difference.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Minny has the oline to protect Brees? I think if Brees goes to minny, theyll be scraping him off the field every game they play a decent defense. I think Minny would be better off going with a more mobile option and Brees would be better off staying in a system he knows very well and with a better oline.

Vikings O-line was about average in 2017 until the group got mired in injuries towards the end of the season. They were struggling hard with several guys rotating around/playing out of position to try make it work. The line being beat up was a signficant part of the reason they not only lost to, but were humiliated in the Philly game.

I'm not saying any of that to make excuses, injuries happen. But their O-line was vastly improved from the disaster it had been for several years prior to 2017 with some free agent pickups in Remmers/Reiff and the drafting of Pat Elflein. If they bolster it up a bit more via FA/draft, they will probably be an above average unit when healthy in 2018.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Viks can land him that would make them a serious contender... Good defense then throw Brees in the mix..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny better draft a QB to be the future if they sign him....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no cook coming off an injury and murray arent on par with ingram and kamara...............cracks good

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings O-line was about average in 2017 until the group got mired in injuries towards the end of the season. They were struggling hard with several guys rotating around/playing out of position to try make it work. The line being beat up was a signficant part of the reason they not only lost to, but were humiliated in the Philly game.

I'm not saying any of that to make excuses, injuries happen. But their O-line was vastly improved from the disaster it had been for several years prior to 2017 with some free agent pickups in Remmers/Reiff and the drafting of Pat Elflein. If they bolster it up a bit more via FA/draft, they will probably be an above average unit when healthy in 2018.
If you think so, you watched them all year. Brees would be the right move for the Vikings if he can bring the production he had with the saints. I’ll say what I said about the Seahawks the year they won the super bowl. If your contention is predicated on defense, your window is a lot smaller to win a title than if your contention is predicated on offense/QB. With that in mind, an elite QB that has a few years left of good production will give you a better shot in that window than anyone you had last year AND Kirk Cousins. Honestly, I think you guys need a qb that can Break out of the pocket and evade the pass rush when needed, but Brees could work out.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees isn't stupid. He knows they should have beaten Minny last year.

I say Brees stays. He now has a top drawer defense and 2 running backs plus outside receivers.

Jimmy Graham comes back.

Brees doesn't need Minny. And likely doesn't want Minny.