• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Vikings @ Cardinals

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, if you have a QB that knows how to play the position he has one quick out read and just tosses it if there's nothing there. Bridgewater for whatever reason wanted to hang in there and step into one. Fucking stupid.
I'm going to disagree here. Even if you have a great QB who knows what to do, that doesn't mean the play works according to plan. What if the WR catches it and he's some how tackled in bounds? What if he makes it out of bounds, but the ref screws up (Not that it's likely, eh?) and has the clock continue? What if the ball is batted at the LOS and Iupati catches it again?

While I agree that a more veteran QB would have probably handled it a bit better, kicking the FG right there would have been the right call 10 times out of 10. No time outs, your in range. What is getting a few more yards compared to all the things that could have gone wrong and they're not able to stop the clock.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a heart breaking loss considering how close we were, but overall a good effort by my Vikes.

Was probably Bridgewater's best game all year. Maybe him and Norv can still find a way to get the passing game pointed in the right direction yet after all.

I would have kicked the FG. I said it as soon as Teddy looked lost and scared on the 2nd down throw. But that is one of those things that might be hard to see at sideline level. But that is where a good OC in the booth, which Turner no longer is, would have called for a 3 verticals play with max protect and whispered to Teddy as he called the play deep shot where no one but your WR can catch the ball and only if it is all the way to the end zone.

Between the end of the game and the end of the half, yet another week where I am just astounded how incredibly poor NFL teams handle those time running out situations.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, now if Seattle and Carolina would kindly lose on Sunday we would be much obliged.:nod:
I'm ok with that. I took the underdog in both hoping for upsets that would get me back into contention in my pools.