• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Speillman made a hell of a deal here..

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Still...he'da looked better in a Browns uniform.

I'm sure a lot of teams shied away from him..
Vikes basically got what they paid for him, plus a couple picks.
Cut and run baby!! lol

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys feel about losing Harvin? I know I was a bit surprised to hear it.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
How do you guys feel about losing Harvin? I know I was a bit surprised to hear it.

Hate to lose the talent, but I hate the "me above the team" attitude.
Vikes won more games, against tougher teams while he was put on "injured reserve" last season.
So..I like the move.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to lose the talent, but I hate the "me above the team" attitude.
Vikes won more games, against tougher teams while he was put on "injured reserve" last season.
So..I like the move.

I haven't seen what all you guys got for him, but do think it was a fair trade? I heard from talking to rockess that Minnesota is pretty thin at WR right now.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
They got 1st (25th pick) and 7th picks this season, and mid rounder next season, probably 4th or 5th.
There's rumors the Vikes contacted Wallace and Jennings agents, and it's a deep draft for WR's. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikes come away with 2 receivers in the 1st 3 rounds.
GM has a good head on his shoulders.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Loadholt signed, Cheech Simpson for another season..
Winfield released!! I can understand the move, but it sucks big time.
Can't pay a guy who's 36, pretty much only plays in nickle coverage over 7 million a season.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winfield released!! I can understand the move, but it sucks big time.
Can't pay a guy who's 36, pretty much only plays in nickle coverage over 7 million a season.

This is destroying my soul. He's one of my favorite Vikings all-time - I sleep in a Winfield away jersey in summer - and I thought for sure he'd restructure to stay on. I'm just appalled.

According to twitter: Jared Allen, Rick Spielman, George Paton and Leslie Frazier among those having dinner with Greg Jennings in MSP.

We really want him...but considering all we have (and I mean ALL) is Stephen Burton, Greg Childs, and Jarius Wright at WR...we really need him too :L

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
This is destroying my soul. He's one of my favorite Vikings all-time - I sleep in a Winfield away jersey in summer - and I thought for sure he'd restructure to stay on. I'm just appalled.

According to twitter: Jared Allen, Rick Spielman, George Paton and Leslie Frazier among those having dinner with Greg Jennings in MSP.

We really want him...but considering all we have (and I mean ALL) is Stephen Burton, Greg Childs, and Jarius Wright at WR...we really need him too :L

Well, they need to make the Harvin trade work to their benefit. To do that they need to sign an established WR. They need to take the 9 or 10 million that they would have paid Harvin and get another WR, then and only then they benefit from the 1st and 7th this season and the 3rd next, because they will have the receiver and the picks.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
And I hear ya on the Winfield deal Lady...He's one of my all time favorite Vikings too.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they need to make the Harvin trade work to their benefit. To do that they need to sign an established WR. They need to take the 9 or 10 million that they would have paid Harvin and get another WR, then and only then they benefit from the 1st and 7th this season and the 3rd next, because they will have the receiver and the picks.

Dad wanted an established WR plus Harvin, preferably one the same age so they could work together in a tandem. He's not overpleased about releasing Harvin either, but he's very happy with all the picks we got. A 2014 third rounder on top of a 1st and 7th this year...just wow, y'know?

Dad's also not happy with picking up Matt Cassel, I'm reserving judgement.

Thing is we need to beef up both of our lines so much spending too many picks on WRs seems like a bad combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.