• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I'll catch you guys later.
Gotta sawcut a couple garages before noon..
Good luck Steelers!!

Skol Vikings let's go!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to yall today, my Cowboys have their hands full

Hauvster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, some things we learned today.
1- Berrian still cant catch
2- The Vikings secondary still cant stop anyone.
3- we cant tackle for squat
4- Same old sorry Vikings that can only play one half of football
5- and McNabb is just TJack by another name. 39 yards? 9.7 yards per quarter?
6- when you cant throw the ball, other teams will still stack the box.
Different faces, same results. Lame fucking Vikings. I waited all year for this?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJack would put up more than 39 yards, that's pretty damn sorry.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
O line is trying to gel, will take 5 or 6 more weeks. But even at that, they did better than the line did last year. 4-12, Ive said it from the start. Kevin also not in there, so the D wont be up to form until week 3. TB will bitch slap us next week also. But there is light at the end of the tunnel.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
They need to stretch the defense, freaken Berrian was wide open on the one play they went downfield and McNabb under threw him by a mile.
Threw to Shiancoe once??
They need to open it up, at least to keep the D from stacking the box.
In the words of Jerry Burns.. "Fuckers".

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree offense needs to get something going. Defense looked good until the second half, of course they Dam near played the whole thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Few more outings like this will find BB on the waiver wire. Although he did have a nice block on that AD long run. The positives as I saw them:

1) They didnt allow any completed long balls. Yes they gave up a lot of dink and dunk passes. This will improve when Kevin gets back and they get more pressure up the middle giving QBs less time.

2) Offensive formations had the defense confused in the first half, but they adjusted. Offense needs to come into it with 2 game plans I think, 1 for the first half, one for the 2nd.

3) Initially the run was working. When the run works and they start stacking the box is the time for screens and play action. I dont think they did enough of either. on 1st down they ran 14 times and passed 4 (although 1 of those runs was by McNuggets, so count that as 13 and 5). They need to do some stuff to loosen it up on 1st down.

The biggest concern IMHO is the wide outs. Granted, they only had 5 weeks to get their chemistry going and this will improve, but still. They need to sell their routes, get separation, and catch the ball. All in all, not a bad outing for a new offense I thought. Let us not forget, they were 12 point dogs going in and they could very well have won this game if not for that freak interception on the first play.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF happened last night?!?! I'll say it again, McNabb is not the QB we needed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ummm, guys. Its rebuilding year (know it or not). Of course its going to be a long season. 4-12 with an outside chance of 5-11. Leslie has had 6 weeks to try to undo Chilis mess. 1 draft, and 6 weeks with a team that was near if not over the cap so not a lot of room for free agent moves either. 6 weeks to install a totally new offense.

The defense was on the field in that heat and humidity an awful long time yesterday and they gave up 17 points. Simply put, it takes TIME for the offense to get its poop in a group. 6 weeks and people think they are going to come out and blow away the Bolts, in the Bolts house?

Seriously, dont expect a lot of wins. Look for the positives. Look for the team moving away from Chilis mess and into a new direction. I see it, and I like what I see. It will take time to get there.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the offense only put up 10 points is horrible. The defense did pretty good, but the offense shouldn't have been that bad.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers are known for starting slow and picking it up as the game goes on. All the Vikes needed to do was keep up and run with that lead. Epic Fail.

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was on the field in that heat and humidity an awful long time yesterday and they gave up 17 points. Simply put, it takes TIME for the offense to get its poop in a group. 6 weeks and people think they are going to come out and blow away the Bolts, in the Bolts house?

Actually they were supposed to blow us away. That's why I think it isn't quite as bad as the outcome.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Biggest problem was Muskrat really. 14 runs on first down and 4 passes. And I dont remember seeing a play action pass or a screen all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.