• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping I spoke too soon about Zimmer and this team. I'll admit I got rustled big time by how badly they lost that game. Just sucks seeing them lose such winnable games in a season with an extremely tough schedule.

Also, losing Griffen is huge. The defense just won't be the same without him. It was noticeable when he was playing while banged up last season.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping I spoke too soon about Zimmer and this team. I'll admit I got rustled big time by how badly they lost that game. Just sucks seeing them lose such winnable games in a season with an extremely tough schedule.

Also, losing Griffen is huge. The defense just won't be the same without him. It was noticeable when he was playing while banged up last season.

I think Zim is a good coach and little to early to panic. The schedule is pretty tough.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they best show up tonight with a much better effort

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brightside to this seasons horrendous start defensively

We now know for certainty not to use any money on Barr. Wow is he bad

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was rolling and now we’ve gone conservative.

Force a punt. Go basic runs back to back plays.

No pump fakes even with the D biting.

We keep rolling out which is not working.

Let Kirk sling it from the pocket. He’s been money.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D showing its true colors again, top D my azz

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D showing its true colors again, top D my azz

Two things about that -

1. Griffen being gone is costing them big time. Things like injuries/absences happen, and it's no excuse for having the entire season go down the tank, but it seems pretty obvious that they just aren't the same without him. Hopefully he can make it back, because it's going to be a very long season without him. If it's not feasible though, I'd rather they have him focus on getting his health better with a hope of him returning next year instead.

2. They're always a different defense outdoors.

But I agree, as things stand - they aren't a lights out defense by any stretch. Which is unfortunate considering we have Zimmer at HC. Assuming they roll with Zimmer at HC next season, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to them bringing in a DC he'd be comfortable relieving defensive calling duties to and let him focus on just being an HC. Might be time to change it up a bit, even if the guy in charge stays the same.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling out @Nosferatu

I have to eat some crow regarding AD. You were right, he still has a lot of ability left in the tank if he can stay healthy. In hindsight, part of me wishes they'd have brought him back (could have been had for the vet minimum) this year. I think our offense could have been ridiculous having him split carries with Cook, with Cook as the primary 3rd down/receiving RB and Murray as the 2nd option to either of them. Seeing AD gash Green Bay again was delightful, even if he's with another team now. I can just imagine him and Cook being like the AD/Chester Taylor duo from yesteryear, only this time with a younger QB leading the passing attack in Cousins/Thielen/Diggs to compliment them than Favre/Rice/Harvin. One of my biggest concerns about AP was having the whole offense change so dramatically if he got injured, but I don't think it would have meant the season was over with our current passing attack and Cook/Murray.

Ah, the life of a Vikings fan... so many "what-if's"... well, back to reality. They should bring him back for a farewell season in 2019 lol.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things about that -

1. Griffen being gone is costing them big time. Things like injuries/absences happen, and it's no excuse for having the entire season go down the tank, but it seems pretty obvious that they just aren't the same without him. Hopefully he can make it back, because it's going to be a very long season without him. If it's not feasible though, I'd rather they have him focus on getting his health better with a hope of him returning next year instead.

2. They're always a different defense outdoors.

But I agree, as things stand - they aren't a lights out defense by any stretch. Which is unfortunate considering we have Zimmer at HC. Assuming they roll with Zimmer at HC next season, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to them bringing in a DC he'd be comfortable relieving defensive calling duties to and let him focus on just being an HC. Might be time to change it up a bit, even if the guy in charge stays the same.

if Kirk and the boys put up 31, it has to be a win. 538 yds passing and 5TDs:rolleyes2:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense hasn't looked since first half of saints game, they didn't even really look that good vs SF, SF Just kept dropping passes.

Looking like a ho hum year

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
108 1244 and 12.

Sports have never been your strong suit. You continue to prove it.

My favorite part of our conversations these days is you actually take yourself seriously. It's so fun, I can always count on the fact that no matter how bad Minnesota teams are at least I can laugh at you...

I guess this is all you have in life, you predict 1,000 things 3 happen and you are a fucking genius, it also helps when you question the knowledge of others, it's all you've ever done and you say I need new material.

How about you give us his final career numbers since you obviously know how he'll finish this year, come on all knowing one, amaze us!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part of our conversations these days is you actually take yourself seriously. It's so fun, I can always count on the fact that no matter how bad Minnesota teams are at least I can laugh at you...

I guess this is all you have in life, you predict 1,000 things 3 happen and you are a fucking genius, it also helps when you question the knowledge of others, it's all you've ever done and you say I need new material.

How about you give us his final career numbers since you obviously know how he'll finish this year, come on all knowing one, amaze us!

So you spent 3 paragraphs to just repeat yourself again

Hahahahaha it’s really too easy.

Let me know my last “prediction” that was wrong.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Kirk and the boys put up 31, it has to be a win. 538 yds passing and 5TDs:rolleyes2:

I don't disagree with you. Personally, I think the main issue is our LB group is extremely overrated. So glad they chose to pay Diggs in the off-season over Barr. I always said that Barr disappears way too often. He's especially a huge liability in the passing game. IMHO, he's not starting material on a top-10 defense. They'd be better off bringing in a more price-worthy replacement through FA next year or drafting a replacement than giving Barr the superstar pay day he'll be expecting.

Gotta say though, and it's been a very interesting year so far. I don't think one single NFL "expert" would have predicted our defense sucking this badly, yet the offense carrying us to competing in high scoring games for 3 of the first 4 of the season.