• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about rough week. 2 straight losses for us, and Buffalo and Tampa Bay are getting destroyed by Green Bay and Chicago. I'm gonna go ahead and call next week's game in Philly a must-win situation for the Vikes.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you. Personally, I think the main issue is our LB group is extremely overrated. So glad they chose to pay Diggs in the off-season over Barr. I always said that Barr disappears way too often. He's especially a huge liability in the passing game. IMHO, he's not starting material on a top-10 defense. They'd be better off bringing in a more price-worthy replacement through FA next year or drafting a replacement than giving Barr the superstar pay day he'll be expecting.

Gotta say though, and it's been a very interesting year so far. I don't think one single NFL "expert" would have predicted our defense sucking this badly, yet the offense carrying us to competing in high scoring games for 3 of the first 4 of the season.

I for life of me can't figure out the defense

Bears now have the best defense in the NFCN

and GB defense is improving

If we don't get this shit figured out, another dud after a good year, just like every other time it's happened in my life

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you. Personally, I think the main issue is our LB group is extremely overrated. So glad they chose to pay Diggs in the off-season over Barr. I always said that Barr disappears way too often. He's especially a huge liability in the passing game. IMHO, he's not starting material on a top-10 defense. They'd be better off bringing in a more price-worthy replacement through FA next year or drafting a replacement than giving Barr the superstar pay day he'll be expecting.

Gotta say though, and it's been a very interesting year so far. I don't think one single NFL "expert" would have predicted our defense sucking this badly, yet the offense carrying us to competing in high scoring games for 3 of the first 4 of the season.

I agree on the LBs, barr is overrated and who is our other LB besides Kendricks... Gedeon? C Mon

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone wondering if Zimmer would be considered on the hot seat at all this season? I'm not saying I want him fired, but I do wonder what the ownership is thinking about it now that he's in his 5th season.

I'm thinking he'll for sure keep his job if they make the playoffs, barring getting destroyed in the wildcard/divisional round. Not so certain his job is guaranteed to be safe if they miss out, though. They definitely didn't do him any favors by neglecting the O-line when they clearly needed to make multiple changes there. However, they've done pretty much everything he's asked for on defense, which has obviously been a huge disappointment so far this season. Regardless of what happens this year, if he stays, I'd really like to see them bring in a competent DC he's comfortable letting call the defense starting next season. I'm curious to see how they'd do if he wasn't basically serving as both the DC and HC.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone wondering if Zimmer would be considered on the hot seat at all this season? I'm not saying I want him fired, but I do wonder what the ownership is thinking about it now that he's in his 5th season.

I'm thinking he'll for sure keep his job if they make the playoffs, barring getting destroyed in the wildcard/divisional round. Not so certain his job is guaranteed to be safe if they miss out, though. They definitely didn't do him any favors by neglecting the O-line when they clearly needed to make multiple changes there. However, they've done pretty much everything he's asked for on defense, which has obviously been a huge disappointment so far this season. Regardless of what happens this year, if he stays, I'd really like to see them bring in a competent DC he's comfortable letting call the defense starting next season. I'm curious to see how they'd do if he wasn't basically serving as both the DC and HC.

For this club to truly have a chance the offensive line seriously needs to be addressed, not with middle of the road FA's.

Zim isn't going anywhere, while we might not like the way some things go we have to remember it's not like there is a plethora of top flight head coaches out there waiting for the chance to coach the Vikes.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this club to truly have a chance the offensive line seriously needs to be addressed, not with middle of the road FA's.

Zim isn't going anywhere, while we might not like the way some things go we have to remember it's not like there is a plethora of top flight head coaches out there waiting for the chance to coach the Vikes.

I agree, man. I admit I got overly salty towards Zim about that Buffalo loss. Just tired of seeing this team end up like this after every time they have a great year and want to see them get over the hump to a title win just once.

So when I really think about it, I agree they need to aggressively address the O-line. They should bring in at least 3 new faces that are considered potential/obvious starting material via the draft and FA. The offense would be lights out if they had even average O-line play right now. Beyond that, I just want them to bring in a DC that Zim is okay with allowing to actually run the defense instead of having a token guy while Zim does both that and HC duties. I just have a feeling that it would help him immensely to get that extra load off his shoulders. Regardless of how bad their record ends up this season, I'm not ready to give up on Zim until they at least try that for a year or two.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, man. I admit I got overly salty towards Zim about that Buffalo loss. Just tired of seeing this team end up like this after every time they have a great year and want to see them get over the hump to a title win just once.

So when I really think about it, I agree they need to aggressively address the O-line. They should bring in at least 3 new faces that are considered potential/obvious starting material via the draft and FA. The offense would be lights out if they had even average O-line play right now. Beyond that, I just want them to bring in a DC that Zim is okay with allowing to actually run the defense instead of having a token guy while Zim does both that and HC duties. I just have a feeling that it would help him immensely to get that extra load off his shoulders. Regardless of how bad their record ends up this season, I'm not ready to give up on Zim until they at least try that for a year or two.

We need to remember after 4 games last year we were 2 - 2 and just lost to the Lions at home.

Zim is where he is today because of his ability to coach a defense, I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. However I do think that as a player you do get tired of listening to the same voice after a few years, maybe Zim needs to bring in a like minded coach who's not viewed as a puppet who can continue his vision while offering a different perspective.

And absolutely they need a huge upgrade to that O-Line!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to remember after 4 games last year we were 2 - 2 and just lost to the Lions at home.

Zim is where he is today because of his ability to coach a defense, I don't foresee that changing anytime soon. However I do think that as a player you do get tired of listening to the same voice after a few years, maybe Zim needs to bring in a like minded coach who's not viewed as a puppet who can continue his vision while offering a different perspective.

And absolutely they need a huge upgrade to that O-Line!

The team is young enough where I don't think our window is super short, but I wouldn't care if they even brought in some old but productive O-linemen looking for a title run at the end of their careers. I'm feeling about the line like we did about Favre in '09, just make it work. Still draft a couple guys but dammit, I want results NOW.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was better, but got bit lucky.

Got punch it in when you get to the 2

NICE win

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is young enough where I don't think our window is super short, but I wouldn't care if they even brought in some old but productive O-linemen looking for a title run at the end of their careers. I'm feeling about the line like we did about Favre in '09, just make it work. Still draft a couple guys but dammit, I want results NOW.

They've ignored the OL in the draft for sometime now. It's been frustrating

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was better, but got bit lucky.

Got punch it in when you get to the 2

NICE win

Nice win. I had them at 2-3 or 1-4 at this point, so they're doing better than I predicted.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell are the Vikes a 10.5 favorite over the Cards, how are the Vikes a double digit favorite over anyone?

This does not bode well.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell are the Vikes a 10.5 favorite over the Cards, how are the Vikes a double digit favorite over anyone?

This does not bode well.

That's like any time the Gophers basketball or football teams find themselves in the top 25.... they promptly lose a couple. Thankfully, it's been a few years.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This does not bode well.

AZ is pretty bad, but so is buffalo

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This does not bode well.

Logically speaking, the Vikes should have no problem taking care of the Cardinals at home. But as we know, they aren't a very logical team. They're going to need to pull it together and not let being favorites get to their heads in these situations, or it's going to be a long season. They have the talent to be one of the best teams in the league. I think it's mostly a matter of discipline on a week to week basis without ever letting their foot off the pedal. I think Zim knows full well what the coaching staff need to do to prepare them for these situations now, so it's going to be largely on the team vets to keep everyone focused. Hopefully Cousins can keep pulling out good pregame speeches for them like he did in Philly.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Thielen has been a beast as expected. I think Diggs is earning his contract so far, but if Thielen keeps up his current production for the rest of the season, he's a top 3-5 WR IMO. If he does that, I think they should give him a pay raise and extend his contract a few extra years through 2024, when he'd 34 years old. I could easily see Thielen maintaining a high level of play longer than a lot of WR's since his style is less based on freakish athleticism that will eventually fade away and more on work ethic/superb fundamentals, not to mention the fact that he wasn't heavily used until he was 26 (meaning less wear and tear). Diggs is up after 2023 so that would give them a year of breathing room between contracts if they wanted to bring him back for another deal. Would love to see Thielen spend his whole career as the home town kid in purple.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything else aside, I liked that they haven't given up on Treadwell. 4 targets, 4 receptions. At least one that was hot and he had to go up and get, then make the defender miss him.