• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

veterans day weekend

superdave2773

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a veteran this is a very important day and I don't know how to go about doing this but there is a change in the laws as to who may and may not salute the flag! It used to be that veterans had to be in uniform to salute but this has changed and they no longer have to be uniformed,I think it would be a great honor this weekend if we could get an announcement at ALL stadiums to have veterans salute so that fans in attendance could honor them as veterans! I know the Lions arent home this weekend which would have been pretty cool but if anyone on this board happens to be a fan of another team I'm sure any vets in attendance at other games would be appreciative!

SEMPER FI

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I veteran I second the motion.

superdave2773

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'd like to honor them for going to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam to protect my freedoms.

I mean, I owe you such a big favor for that and so does everyone in the stadium. That was so important that we need to take time out of our lives to tell you how awesome you are and honor you."

This is how someone replied when I put this on the nfl general discussion board muzz how do you take it?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'd like to honor them for going to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Vietnam to protect my freedoms.

I mean, I owe you such a big favor for that and so does everyone in the stadium. That was so important that we need to take time out of our lives to tell you how awesome you are and honor you."

This is how someone replied when I put this on the nfl general discussion board muzz how do you take it?

Humbling as long as sarcasm wasn't used.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When and where did you serve muzz

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say they were being sarcastic, I'm afraid. Thanks for your service.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When and where did you serve muzz

1993-2004

Duty stations
Ft. Benning, GA.
Schofield BKs, HI
Ft Hood, TX
Baumholder, Germany.

Deployments to Bosnia, Macedonia, Kosovo and a bunch of other 3rd world Eastern Europe countries.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My old buddy Doug was on the field tonight in Minny in his dress blues. Im not crazy about the NFL selling merchandise on account of Americas service men and women. But Im glad the games give extra opportunities for veterans to be recognized for their service to our country. Much respect guys, thank you.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1993-2004

Duty stations
Ft. Benning, GA.
Schofield BKs, HI
Ft Hood, TX
Baumholder, Germany.

Deployments to Bosnia, Macedonia, Kosovo and a bunch of other 3rd world Eastern Europe countries.

Any interesting stories? And thanks for your service.

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, finally a Veteran's day that I am not deployed or on Staff Duty! I may even have a beer! Thanks to all the current and past brothers in arms for your service. God Bless

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a few years left before being considered a veteran.

Veterans, no matter of what, should be saluted. If it wasn't for them paving the way, who knows where we'd be today?

Have yourselves a good, safe holiday weekend and thank you for what you've done.

US Navy