• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Very much a possiblity" Richards will return

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he's not really cutting the mustered in Manchester and he is undergoing medical tests, yet they are considering bringing him back up?

This entire saga is odd. I think they are in the hopes he gets on a hot streak or steps up in the playoffs so they can find a new home for him. And right now, that would seem to be a long shot and quite possibly detrimental to a Cup run.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could also be the case of Carter asking for his BFF to be brought up. In the process promising that he would help Richards in any way that he can to get back to the Richards of old.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he wasn't bought out or claimed you would of course bring him back IMO. I am skeptical at this pint of his usefulness after being sent down and basically failing there as well would be a huge blow to his ego and team mates.....but they also know what he can bring and is a proven winner

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They of course will bring him back. Need him to play well with the young guys in the NHL so some team will trade for him

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just looking on the bright side, but I think the recall will light a fire under his ass...... or it could be a disaster, but I'll lean towards not.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was going to be back regardless if the Kings make the playoffs, he is a proven playoff performer vs. taking a chance with Shore or Andreoff in that 4C slot. He wasn't overly effective last year vs. 2012, but when he was he made some big plays still.

No cap complications, plus if Manchester is in send both Shore and Andreoff back there to get some AHL PO experience.

This is all contingent on LA making the playoffs - which is looking really, really hard right now (can Calgary go on a 10 game losing streak please? WTF???) I seriously do believe this is his last hurrah in LA unless he returns to beast mode in the POs.

If not, he will be a buyout by June 30 and the Kings will eat this contract unless something happens at the draft. They'll be paying that contract for about 10 years and the first few and last few years aren't that bad (IIRC about $2 million, less than $1 million the last few years) but the middle years they will get killed, his hit was over $4 million.

Hope the dude gets his act together not only for himself but for LA's financial situation moving forward too.