• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Veron Davis traded to Broncos!

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 and 7 round pick this year and a 6 next year. Saw it on twitter.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pointless trade. baalke is bad. how does denver get better picks and VD.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im seeing 2 reports 1 saying they are not switching picks and 49ers get 3 picks. little confused. either way its nothing. good get for broncos. he will be used the right way there. we had no use for him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read the 49ers get our 6th this year and 6th next year while the Broncos get Davis and the 49ers 7th round pick this year.

Question for you guys...How is Vernon Davis as a blocker? I know his athleticism and his abilities as a receiver but haven't read much on his blocking abilities.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pointless trade. baalke is bad. how does denver get better picks and VD.

Niners will receive the Broncos 6th rd pick in 2016 and 2017, while the Broncos get VD and the Niners' 7th rd pick in 2016.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read the 49ers get our 6th this year and 6th next year while the Broncos get Davis and the 49ers 7th round pick this year.

Question for you guys...How is Vernon Davis as a blocker? I know his athleticism and his abilities as a receiver but haven't read much on his blocking abilities.

From what I've read, he is a very good blocker. His blocking was one of the reasons that the Niners were so good at running the ball during the Harbaugh years. Good luck to you, guys! We had no need for Vernon since our whole team is a mess this year anyway.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's a good blocker and willing to do the dirty work. Maybe a change of scenery (including a much more capable QB who can actually see open receivers) will energize him. Happy for Vernon who's actually going to a contender.

Last edited:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners will receive the Broncos 6th rd pick in 2016 and 2017, while the Broncos get VD and the Niners' 7th rd pick in 2016.
k yeah i saw 2 different reports

2 other moves might happen. boone and kap getting traded. kap going to philly.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis is a good blocker as a receiver as I see it he has some flexibility issues when reaching for passes above his head and is less of a hands catcher than the best receivers are, his speed can be used better by Manning than Kaep could ever use.....That said he will be useful but if you don't expect him to be a great TE and see him as useful then you won't be disappointed but if you think he will be as good as your former TE as far a receiving production then you will be disappointed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is a good blocker as a receiver as I see it he has some flexibility issues when reaching for passes above his head and is less of a hands catcher than the best receivers are, his speed can be used better by Manning than Kaep could ever use.....That said he will be useful but if you don't expect him to be a great TE and see him as useful then you won't be disappointed but if you think he will be as good as your former TE as far a receiving production then you will be disappointed.

Thanks for the responses guys. I don't expect him to be the Red Zone target that Julius Thomas was for us. JT though was a huge liability in the run game. The Seahawks are experiencing that same problem this year of how much a non-blocking TE can really hurt a good run offense. So I would rather sacrifice a little in the receiving department if it means we have a great all-around TE. Also have to realize that before last night for the Broncos our TE production had netted total something like 130 yards with 1 touchdown. So anything better than that is welcome.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing about trading Vernon for a modest return is that he is overpaid here for what he can deliver. So when assessing value you have to include his Cap Hit in the calculation.

Now with that said if Balke doesn't use the Cap well and acquire better players like on the Oline where he has brought in a guy like Pears you would have to have pause as to whether he can do the job of improving the roster.....I still have hope but it's not burning brightly.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k yeah i saw 2 different reports

2 other moves might happen. boone and kap getting traded. kap going to philly.

Been hearing about Kap to Philly for a while. It would be interesting to say the least. I saw somewhere that Staley might also be on the trading block.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand we need to clean house but it starts with upstairs and coaching staff 1st. this team is depleted. i hope we keep boone and staley.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the responses guys. I don't expect him to be the Red Zone target that Julius Thomas was for us. JT though was a huge liability in the run game. The Seahawks are experiencing that same problem this year of how much a non-blocking TE can really hurt a good run offense. So I would rather sacrifice a little in the receiving department if it means we have a great all-around TE. Also have to realize that before last night for the Broncos our TE production had netted total something like 130 yards with 1 touchdown. So anything better than that is welcome.
its a good get for you guys. he should help.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has been a really good blocker over the years although last year according to PFF his blocking was actually quite poor. I am guessing much of that had to do with his back and leg injuries. This year the oline is such a mess I don't think anyone pays attention.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted him traded to the Chiefs. They would've given us more as repeat customers.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand we need to clean house but it starts with upstairs and coaching staff 1st. this team is depleted. i hope we keep boone and staley.
I agree, would hate to completely gut the OL. Would love to see Kaep gone. I assume we'd swap QB's, because I'd hate for this coaching staff to start teaching rookies the wrong shit!!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been a really good blocker over the years although last year according to PFF his blocking was actually quite poor. I am guessing much of that had to do with his back and leg injuries. This year the oline is such a mess I don't think anyone pays attention.
Among other things!!