• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Veron Davis traded to Broncos!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part about it is how Jed York painted the whole picture, like he needs to get rid of Harbaugh so he can get a coach to put him over the "top", win with class / Superbowl or bust BS.

What a train wreck.

Do we even have the staff in place to rebuild this dumpster fire or are we looking at another 10 year stretch of crappiness that we saw before Harbaugh?

No. I would like to see York can Baalke and really try and build up the Front Office. I just don't think that will happen. The best realistic thing that could happen is fire Baalke and promote Gamble to run football operations. For those of you who know Pozz, Pozz is really high on Gamble.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I would like to see York can Baalke and really try and build up the Front Office. I just don't think that will happen. The best realistic thing that could happen is fire Baalke and promote Gamble to run football operations. For those of you who know Pozz, Pozz is really high on Gamble.

I miss the Pozz...whish he were back on the board...such good insight and source of info.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part about it is how Jed York painted the whole picture, like he needs to get rid of Harbaugh so he can get a coach to put him over the "top", win with class / Superbowl or bust BS.

What a train wreck.

Do we even have the staff in place to rebuild this dumpster fire or are we looking at another 10 year stretch of crappiness that we saw before Harbaugh?

I'm sorry Maniax, but I can't answer right now. I have to look at the film. But what I can tell you is that we are evaluating everyone and we will get it right...... someday.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure is. I know where he is at.

I'm sure that this thing will block any website if you PM me, but give it a dance if you don't mind? Not that any pertinent piece of information at present about this team at present would help my brain hahaaa....IT HURTS RIGHT NOW!!!!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically we traded a probowl TE for a 6th round pick? How long is York content with watcing this team sink into the bay?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically we traded a probowl TE for a 6th round pick? How long is York content with watcing this team sink into the bay?

I think it was two 6ths, one for 16' and one for 17', plus we gave them a 7th. So basically we got the piece of gum that got stuck to Davis' shoe and fell off before he got on the plane to join Denver.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a train wreck.

The feeling I get is that Harbaugh wanted total control of personnel...that usually doesn't work out to well....remember when a good coach in Mike Holmgren was a train-wreck as the final arbiter of personnel, now sometimes it works but usually it doesn't.

Even if Harbaugh was still here do you think there would be a major difference in personnel (well there is that thing with Balke wanting to bring in Pears instead of someone else) after the four later five(Aldon) very good players left the team?

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Vernon is a pro-bowl player anymore, that said with Kaep as his QB did you think Vernon was going to be a big factor the rest of the way? In the NFL for whatever reason traded players seldom bring full value. He has a bit more value to the Broncos than the Niners and there are probably only 5 or 6 teams (QBs that can get him the ball) where he would be usable and in some cases he's not needed by those teams (already have better TE's) therefore with his Cap hit, the trade market for Vernon would be very thin.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, given the state of where our team is, this is a good move for us.

Vernon was going to be released at the end of the year anyway. In that case, we'd have gotten nothing for him. And it's not like we're making a playoff run with him here.

Better to get something instead of nothing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow and we thought we were in bad shape luck looks lost. all he does is throw ints. they might have to make a decision soon just like us. at least we arent the only ones. lol

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that this thing will block any website if you PM me, but give it a dance if you don't mind? Not that any pertinent piece of information at present about this team at present would help my brain hahaaa....IT HURTS RIGHT NOW!!!!

I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me post it. Are you setup to receive PM?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feeling I get is that Harbaugh wanted total control of personnel...that usually doesn't work out to well....remember when a good coach in Mike Holmgren was a train-wreck as the final arbiter of personnel, now sometimes it works but usually it doesn't.

Even if Harbaugh was still here do you think there would be a major difference in personnel (well there is that thing with Balke wanting to bring in Pears instead of someone else) after the four later five(Aldon) very good players left the team?

Yes, Yes we do
Have you see what he's done with a Michigan team that has been middle of the pack in the Big 10 and pretty much awful across the nation for years now? They will likely finish in the Top 10 and still might even win the Big 10. You can't replace a great coach or a great QB at the NFL level and not expect worst results. York was an absolute idiot and should fire Baalke to bring back Harbaugh, and then just let the man do his thing. That's about the only way he could ever save face at this point. He went from a fanbase that loved him to a fanbase that wants him gone overnight all because he listened to Baalke over his fans and the win column.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know that Harbaugh wanted that kind of control but he shouldn't have been given him that kind of control anyway. There are only a couple of coaches who are capable of performing dual functions.

If you believe in the various rumors out there, Kaep was Harbaugh's choice and Baalke preferred Dalton. Harbaugh was also responsible for Jonathan Martin being here. Harbaugh had a great run here and I wanted him back but it didn't work out. They should have promoted Fangio to HC who would have been able to bring in a good OC.