• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vernon the cheap skate lol

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So my buddy who works at BJs restaurant waitressed VD tonight. He left her ONLY 5 dollars on a 70 dollar ticket! Lol

Guess thats what she gets for being a Raiders fan haha..

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oo and she said the manager comp'd his whole bill and she got 5 dollars on the 70 dollar comp'd bill.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I waited on McNair and his buddies once in Nashville back in the day. I can't remember the exact amounts, but he left me something like a little less than 15% on a less than 150$ check. I didn't even ask for an autograph or anything. I'm sure these guys feel like they shouldn't have to be huge tippers but shit, I still tip better than that.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep, I work in a restaurant while Im in college still. So I know that tips are where we make our money. I always tip at least 15% and im no rich guy. When you are paying 0 dollars on a 70 dollar bill you have to at least dish out a 20. If a bartender hooks me up with drink I usually tip them at least half of what they hooked me up with plus 15-20 percent.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That same person that wants 6 coffee refills is the same one that usually tip 1 dollar on 25. Sucks..

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to avoid a late night rant, skip this post

Not that I don't believe food service deserves to be compensated appropriately (I either tip $4-5 or 20%, whatever is more), but my question is: Is hard work or Price more important in tipping? Does the wait staff deserve a larger tip if I go to the House of Prime Rib with someone else and run up a decent tab, but am an easy patron, or do they deserve more if I eat alone at a cheaper place where the tab doesn't go above $20, but I'm a pain in the *** to deal with (ie: constantly flagging them down for repeated refills on free appetizers and water/sending back food/whatever)?

I sometimes feel the criteria for how much people are tipped is based on the wrong ideals. Does the lady at the cheap Vietnamese place deserve a smaller tip simply because she does not work at the Cheesecake Factory? Does the wait staff at the Cheesecake Factory deserve more because their employer charges more (and has a liquor license)?

For the most part I keep my head down and am very grateful to all those who make it possible for me to eat the food I do, but it still makes me wonder....

/rant

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to avoid a late night rant, skip this post

Not that I don't believe food service deserves to be compensated appropriately (I either tip $4-5 or 20%, whatever is more), but my question is: Is hard work or Price more important in tipping? Does the wait staff deserve a larger tip if I go to the House of Prime Rib with someone else and run up a decent tab, but am an easy patron, or do they deserve more if I eat alone at a cheaper place where the tab doesn't go above $20, but I'm a pain in the *** to deal with (ie: constantly flagging them down for repeated refills on free appetizers and water/sending back food/whatever)?

I sometimes feel the criteria for how much people are tipped is based on the wrong ideals. Does the lady at the cheap Vietnamese place deserve a smaller tip simply because she does not work at the Cheesecake Factory? Does the wait staff at the Cheesecake Factory deserve more because their employer charges more (and has a liquor license)?

For the most part I keep my head down and am very grateful to all those who make it possible for me to eat the food I do, but it still makes me wonder....

/rant

Generally, cost of the food is the determinant. Part of that is because the staff is taxed based on expected tips which are deduced from sales. The other reason is that in the nicer places, where food costs more, you don't just have the server. They have to share tips with the bussers, hosts, barbacks, etc.

But yeah, if you're a pain and the cost is not proportionate to how much you make them work, increase accordingly.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to tip well because I'll most likely be going back there and I don't want them fucking up my food.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MC Hammer probably told the team that tipping high helped lead to his 13 million dollar debt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Generally, cost of the food is the determinant. Part of that is because the staff is taxed based on expected tips which are deduced from sales. The other reason is that in the nicer places, where food costs more, you don't just have the server. They have to share tips with the bussers, hosts, barbacks, etc.

But yeah, if you're a pain and the cost is not proportionate to how much you make them work, increase accordingly.

good answer.

from my experience 'back when', the problem is those who inflict 'pain' are the lowest tippers. they don't even think, don't even realize they're a 'pain'?

i know this is politically incorrect but want to post it anyway.....the FAR majority of those causing 'pain' are woman. off hand, can't even recall a guy causing pain, granted this was YEARS ago?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good answer.

from my experience 'back when', the problem is those who inflict 'pain' are the lowest tippers. they don't even think, don't even realize they're a 'pain'?

i know this is politically incorrect but want to post it anyway.....the FAR majority of those causing 'pain' are woman. off hand, can't even recall a guy causing pain, granted this was YEARS ago?

I want my salad with 3 croutons not 4, vinagarette on it but ranch on the side. Do you have cranberry black ginger tea? I can't drink regular.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
tend to think the best tippers are current or former food service workers? just in general of course.

also in general,how much a person tips isn't related to his net worth. or if anything, those with more money tip less.......relatively?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want my salad with 3 croutons not 4, vinagarette on it but ranch on the side. Do you have cranberry black ginger tea? I can't drink regular.

haaaa, exactly.

there was one in particular who i swear purposely made up stuff? like she craved attention all the time? worse, the tips she left were always measured in coins.