• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vegas Golden Knights Expansion Draft Shenanigans Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For many weeks now, it’s been assumed the Blackhawks would lose Marcus Kruger and Trevor van Riemsdyk to the Vegas Golden Knights.

Today, that assumption isn’t as strong.

With the news Wednesday that Marian Hossa would be missing the 2017-18 season due to a skin disorder, the Blackhawks are headed in an unexpected new direction. Whether that direction still includes Kruger and/or van Riemsdyk is unclear.

According to a source, Kruger is not expected to be drafted or traded to the Golden Knights on Wednesday. Outside of that, Kruger’s future with the Blackhawks is unknown, the source said.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald J. Trump‏@realDonaldTrump

NHL would do much better as a league if they got together with @foxandfriends before the leakers give away the roster. Sad! #fakenews #GoldenKnights #leakers

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For many weeks now, it’s been assumed the Blackhawks would lose Marcus Kruger and Trevor van Riemsdyk to the Vegas Golden Knights.

Today, that assumption isn’t as strong.

With the news Wednesday that Marian Hossa would be missing the 2017-18 season due to a skin disorder, the Blackhawks are headed in an unexpected new direction. Whether that direction still includes Kruger and/or van Riemsdyk is unclear.

According to a source, Kruger is not expected to be drafted or traded to the Golden Knights on Wednesday. Outside of that, Kruger’s future with the Blackhawks is unknown, the source said.
From what I read yesterday VGK filed all trades with Central Registry yesterday so this trade either happened or it was BS to begin with.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens are smart. Gotta do whatever they can to help Sid get another cup so he can be considered above Toews...

Good thing he's been better than Toews at basically every moment he's been in the NHL. (I know you're probably referencing the stupid media takes, et al. Thank God that stupid argument is invalid now.)

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head Toews was better in the stadium series game on March 1, 2014 at Soldier Field. In the snow.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head Toews was better in the stadium series game on March 1, 2014 at Soldier Field. In the snow.

We in Pittsburgh have chosen to pretend that all outdoor games do not, and never have, existed.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to wait to see if my griping is even worthy, but man...in some of these cases I don't get why VGK doesn't simply take the best player that a team exposed instead of taking a pick. In some of these cases taking the best player, and then trading them, results in a nicer return. Or you know, just take Tobias Enstrom because he's good.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metro: NYR-Lindberg, NJD-?, NYI-Berube (trade with 1st rd, Grabovski), PHI-Bellemare, WSH-?, PIT-Fleury, CBS-Clarkson (trade with 1st rd and William Karlsson), CAR-?
Atlantic: TOR-Leipsic, MTL-Emelin, OTT-Methot, BOS-?, TAM-?, FLA-Marchessault, BUF-?, DET-Nosek
Central: CHI-?, MIN-Haula, STL-Perron, NSH-Neal, WIN-?, COL-?, DAL-Eakin
Pacific: ANA-Stoner, EDM-?, SJS-?, CAL-?, LA-McNabb, AZ-?, VAN-Sbisa

The picks based on what I've seen/heard thus far.

Updated already...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metro: NYR-Lindberg, NJD-?, NYI-Berube (trade with 1st rd, Grabovski), PHI-Bellemare, WSH-?, PIT-Fleury, CBS-Clarkson (trade with 1st rd and William Karlsson), CAR-?
Atlantic: TOR-Leipsic, MTL-Emelin, OTT-Methot, BOS-?, TAM-?, FLA-Marchessault, BUF-?, DET-Nosek
Central: CHI-?, MIN-Haula, STL-Perron, NSH-Neal, WIN-?, COL-?, DAL-Eakin
Pacific: ANA-Stoner, EDM-?, SJS-?, CAL-?, LA-McNabb, AZ-?, VAN-Sbisa

The picks based on what I've seen/heard thus far.

Updated already...

tumblr_odxqo9lV1k1qgt3xfo1_500.gif