• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VANEK!! [please...]

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but remember when you asked for pet dragon for your birthday?
Be prepared for a let down

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but remember when you asked for pet dragon for your birthday?
Be prepared for a let down

Hey man, I still have my pet dragon Robbie and he spits flames at any mook who dares trod on my juju.

Apparently the asking price from the Sabres is three assets - picks, prospects, players - in any combination. Obviously it has to be decent/higher end assets, so a Frattin + 3rd round pick + some C level prospect trade suggestions should be kept off this thread. I'm pretty sure Toffoli and a 1st round pick would be the starting point for Tim Murray.

My biggest concern would actually be getting him to sign here. The Kings have shown they can develop talent so while losing those better prospects would hurt, there is a pretty good chance the Kings will recoup those in a short period.

Vanek however, seems intent on testing free agency. He has already rejected the Isles offer and rumor has it he will be going to Minnesota when the FA gates open July 1. He has familial ties there, including his wife, and as we've seen more and more over the years that plays a huge role whether you stay where you're at with a new contract (Brown) or leave and take a little less money (Scuderi) elsewhere. Family is a huge driving force for these upper end/end of life players.

Also not sure if anyone read the update on Gagner dated Feb 18 but talks were off between LA and Edmonton because the Oilers wanted more than Clifford as a centerpiece.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a dragon, it is your oldest kid lighting her farts.
Sabers are in full implode mode right now. However they want the moon for a guy who said he is not sticking to any team that trades for him. I dont think the Kings will be able to offer 8 mil for 8 years.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um... You guys do realize Vanek is on the Islanders right?

With that said, they are dealing with Snow, they can toss him a bag of pucks and 3 hot dogs and he'll take the deal with throw in Oposo with it.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With that said, they are dealing with Snow, they can toss him a bag of pucks and 3 hot dogs and he'll take the deal with throw in Oposo with it.
Sorry wrong fire sale. Puck dragged me down the path and like a lemming I went

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good catch, he's just associated with the Sabres from forever so it slipped me.

My asset requirement was Snow though, have read that a few different places.

Snow is one of the most inept GMs in the game. Until Wang relinquishes ownership - which is a possibility in the next year or two - and Snow is removed, that franchise won't go anywhere. Ever.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to rent Vanek...anything we'd give beyond draft picks is way too much, and unfortunately we'd have to dump significant salary to fit him this year.