• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vanek moved to the Isles

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Vanek was moved for Moulson and a first-round pick in 2014 and a second-round pick in 2015. Would have loved to see him in a Kings uniform.

He is at the end of his deal, so while there is risk he could walk at the end of the season, he would have solidified the top 6 role and could have been enticed to re-sign. I hate that D King is starting and considered a top 6.

I am not sure about the cap space or anything, but would have loved to make this deal with all the talent we have stocked up in the minors.

New York Islanders get Thomas Vanek from Buffalo for Matt Moulson, 2 picks - ESPN New York

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo has given up already. Moulson scored tonight, but I feel for sorry for Miller.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller will probably be the next to go. Maybe at or near the trade deadline to maximize the return.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is as good as gone - it's just a matter of time.

Pretty clear the Sabres are headed down Rebuild Road and are moving the veterans for picks mainly. Regehr, Vanek, Pominville, etc. so Miller's days are numbered.

Vanek as mentioned, wanted out last season because he didn't want to be part of a rebuild but then I look at the Isles and think they've been in "rebuild mode" for what seems like 20 years. Doesn't make sense, but I haven't checked if he had a NMC of some sort so he may not have had a choice.

Miller is a solid player, some team will not only overpay for him but sign him long term too (hello Flyers).

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember an interview that Deano gave back in 09 (I think) about how he really regretted letting Moulsen get to free agency, and that he knew he had top 6 potential. I don't know what his crontract status is, but I could see Deano try to lure him back somewhere down the road.