• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance fired

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you posted an appreciatiion thread for a double murderer because he played football ??? ... I guess .

Not sure hating a football coach or player
Is anything more than wanting more from your team

HUGE difference between “hating” someone and wanting them fired to better your football team. HUGE!!!

Appreciation threads are tradition when someone is released, doesn’t mean I am cool with people mudering someone.

Drama Drama!!!! Get a grip! You seem to follow me around a lot lately! Like I kicked your dog or something.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be fair and realistic here. Vance Joseph is far from our only problem here. We have a lot more to fix then just a head coach. He never really had a chance to succeed here.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos want to interview Mike Munchak. One of many to come.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be fair and realistic here. Vance Joseph is far from our only problem here. We have a lot more to fix then just a head coach. He never really had a chance to succeed here.

Agreed.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJ is a classic case of 'great coordinator, not cut out to be a head man'. He lacked competence and control over the team from the minute he took the job. Shame on Elway for not sniffing that out, but I guess some people just interview well.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJ is a classic case of 'great coordinator, not cut out to be a head man'. He lacked competence and control over the team from the minute he took the job. Shame on Elway for not sniffing that out, but I guess some people just interview well.

To be fair Vance was only a coordinator for a year so I don’t know that we can call him a great coordinator. I think he lacked experience more then anything.

I believe he will be better for this experience, like McDaniels. Unlike McDaniels, Vance is not a jerk.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Vance was only a coordinator for a year so I don’t know that we can call him a great coordinator. I think he lacked experience more then anything.

I believe he will be better for this experience, like McDaniels. Unlike McDaniels, Vance is not a jerk.
True. Being too much of a "Player's Coach" isn't a good thing. McDaniels' problem is he tried too hard to be Belichick. Only Belichick can get away with being a stone-faced prick in today's NFL.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooney rule.

Hoping that’s all it is. In which case the rule is doing a disservice if it’s not a serious interview.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think VJ is still the coach here if Denver had drafted Josh Allen.

You cannot win with a starter like Keenum or Lynch or Siemian
All backup level

Rebuilding with a young QB provides the fan base hope for the future

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Munchak seems like the "safe" hire. I'm not overly thrilled with whats out there. Munchak refused to fire a half-dozen assistants after his 3rd season running the Titans. It cost him his job, but proves he wasn't fired for anything other than butting heads with ownership. Hiring a guy like Munchak would definitely restore a lot of the grit that was lost under VJ.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to see Munchak leave the Steelers. He's been an amazing OL coach.

I wouldn't want to see him as an OC, or HC though.

I think he is doing his best work where he is, and I would be horrified to see him go. I would hope the Steelers try to entice him with a lot more money and an Assist HC title to try and appease him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think VJ is still the coach here if Denver had drafted Josh Allen.

You cannot win with a starter like Keenum or Lynch or Siemian
All backup level

Rebuilding with a young QB provides the fan base hope for the future

Todd Bowles says maybe not.

But I do think you may be right.

I love Chubb, but Josh Allen was hard to pass up. Just iffy with our ability to develop a QB. How would we have screwed that good of tools up?

In the end. Glad we got a good player.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mind has always been made up that Elway wanted to hire someone with very little experience so there would be no back lash.

He wants to call all of the shots and wanted a coach who wouldn't tell him "NO". I hope this experience leads him to understand he needs to hire someone who has a lot more say.

Joseph really had no shot here as a true HC to flourish. It happens a lot more in sports then people realize. Joseph had so little say in what he did as a HC here. It was a learning experience for him... Hopefully next time he will get more say in how he handles the team.

I can tell you that from talking to agents and scouts I know Elway is not a well liked person to work for. It's all business and he calls all the shots.. I hope he changes that mindset so he can become more successful as a GM. I am very nervous about the ownership with this team right now and who has control of what? Elway is the face f Denver when Pat stepped down it became Elway's team. We need to fix that right away to be successful.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can win with Keenum. To me the biggest issue is the the play calling on offense and I think the play calling would have been just as bad with Allen, Rosen, or Brady.

The injuries really derailed things as the offense was finding its footing. Musgrave is so slow to adjust and figure things out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won't make anyone feel better.

Worst 4 teams in the NFL this year.

1. Cardinals (We played our best and most fun game vs them)
2. 49ers (we lost, played terrible came back late, but down 20-0 at the half)
3. Jets (Our most embarrassing loss of the season)
4. Raiders (barely won the first meeting with them, looked awful the last meeting)

We went 2-3 vs the 4 bottom feeders of the NFL.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won't make anyone feel better.

Worst 4 teams in the NFL this year.

1. Cardinals (We played our best and most fun game vs them)
2. 49ers (we lost, played terrible came back late, but down 20-0 at the half)
3. Jets (Our most embarrassing loss of the season)
4. Raiders (barely won the first meeting with them, looked awful the last meeting)

We went 2-3 vs the 4 bottom feeders of the NFL.

Look at how we played the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers, and Texans. We were very competitive. In these six games were were 1-5 but out scored by a combined 29 or 4.8 points per contest.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new HC - should be able to hire all his own staff. We shall see - what Elway will allow.

Elway will take whomever he can control. He will not hire a Belicheckian type who wants total control over his football team. Elway want to draft and do all of the personnel stuff and then he can blame the coach if the team fails. Sorry guys, time for an Elway exit too.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can win with Keenum. To me the biggest issue is the the play calling on offense and I think the play calling would have been just as bad with Allen, Rosen, or Brady.

The injuries really derailed things as the offense was finding its footing. Musgrave is so slow to adjust and figure things out.

I gotta disagree and here is why. I sit right under the all 22 camera for every home game and watch the same plays run by Denver and the other teams like KC , Rams and Chargers. Its a fallacy that Denver's play schemes are not in line with other teams. Those QBs can make the throws . Keenum cannot or will not. His arm is not good enough and he does not throw with anticipation to make up for his lack of arm strength. Rivers threw to a spot several times yesterday. Is his arm that much stronger? Maybe a little but he is the best anticipation thrower I'm seen.

Keenum cannot catch SD or KC . Even 10-6 Denver is still 2 games behind SD or KC.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at how we played the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers, and Texans. We were very competitive. In these six games were were 1-5 but out scored by a combined 29 or 4.8 points per contest.

Right-

Really weird team..

Our toughest part of our schedule was when we looked the best.

Here is how I would break this team down. 4 sections this year.

Average
Bad
Good
Bad