• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be rude, but I really don't get what you're saying. I thought you said "if the players are truly behind him, JJ should be retained for at least one more year". To me, I don't see how that's different from players liking JJ as a HC. I'm trying to figure out what you're saying but I can't.

Yeah, I'm not trying to be rude either, but I probably failed there... My apologies.

Let's say I'm at work, and I DO NOT like my boss, maybe we even clash pretty good from time to time, etc. But he's good at what he does in a lot of ways, he gets things done, we've figured out how to work together... I'll go on working hard under him and supporting him more or less, though I don't like him.

Contrast this with a situation where the boss is such a dick that I just can't take it anymore and will do everything possible to either get away or undermine him or both.

The latter is toxic, and no matter how talented, etc. he may be that boss has got to go or his area is going to fall apart. I'm saying if that is the situation at VT, then JJ needs to go. But if that's not the situation (and I don't think it is), then JJ needs to be given more time to show what he can do. I think he's done a decent job recruiting, he came into a bad situation, he's having to depend heavily on a lot of freshmen... I'd give him one more year and see what he can make of it.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way... thanks for Finney-Smith... I was unsure of this kid to start the season with the suspension, but he has proven to be a big-time contributor to the gators success this year.

Why did he leave VT?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way... thanks for Finney-Smith... I was unsure of this kid to start the season with the suspension, but he has proven to be a big-time contributor to the gators success this year.

Why did he leave VT?

I don't recall ever seeing an official reason, but he did announce that he was transferring shortly after VT fired Coach Greenberg, might have had something to do with it

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why did he leave VT?

He never gave VT a chance. He came in as a freshman looking very raw, yet thought he should be the go-to guy. Then the Greenberg firing was icing on the cake. It looks like the red-shirt year at UF did him some good. VT could have been an NCAA team last year if DFS had stuck around and if Montrezl Harrell stayed committed.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never gave VT a chance. He came in as a freshman looking very raw, yet thought he should be the go-to guy. Then the Greenberg firing was icing on the cake. It looks like the red-shirt year at UF did him some good. VT could have been an NCAA team last year if DFS had stuck around and if Montrezl Harrell stayed committed.

:wtf:

2 players aren't going to change a season around like that when the game management and defense is that bad

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Why did he leave VT?

Here are some quotes from a knowledgeable source on another board;

"Seth was dirty as shit, hence why Doe Doe was here, then left."
"...This isn't the first of it, I guess you missed the entire DFS saga, and his mom threatening to go to the NCAA. "

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some quotes from a knowledgeable source on another board;

"Seth was dirty as shit, hence why Doe Doe was here, then left."
"...This isn't the first of it, I guess you missed the entire DFS saga, and his mom threatening to go to the NCAA. "

Interesting... amazing what goes on behind the scenes.

Luckily Billy doesn't put up with non-sense.... DFS was suspended the first 5 or so games this season along with the other transfer from S. Carolina Damontre Harris. DFS worked him way back on the team, but Harris was dismissed from the team only to beg his way back about a month ago, but Billy told him he would have to wait until next year to start over (and we needed the help down low this year so you have the respect Billy for putting the kid's needs in front of wins and losses).

Anyway... thanks for the info! enlightening... Good luck this season.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

2 players aren't going to change a season around like that when the game management and defense is that bad

Maybe not, but both would have been huge on the boards and both would have been the ideal players for Green to dump a pass off to. VT had no one in the post to help out on defense or offense last year. Think of all the games VT lost last year due to being out rebounded or due to our opponent's bigs scoring uncontested baskets down low. But there is the fact that game management would still be bad with JJ and it remains to be seen if JJ understands how to run an offense.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not trying to be rude either, but I probably failed there... My apologies.

Let's say I'm at work, and I DO NOT like my boss, maybe we even clash pretty good from time to time, etc. But he's good at what he does in a lot of ways, he gets things done, we've figured out how to work together... I'll go on working hard under him and supporting him more or less, though I don't like him.

Contrast this with a situation where the boss is such a dick that I just can't take it anymore and will do everything possible to either get away or undermine him or both.

The latter is toxic, and no matter how talented, etc. he may be that boss has got to go or his area is going to fall apart. I'm saying if that is the situation at VT, then JJ needs to go. But if that's not the situation (and I don't think it is), then JJ needs to be given more time to show what he can do. I think he's done a decent job recruiting, he came into a bad situation, he's having to depend heavily on a lot of freshmen... I'd give him one more year and see what he can make of it.

Got ya.

And for all the Doe Doe talk, he likely left because he was badly misused at VT. He's athletic, a bit of a slasher, and a player that is best with the ball in his hands. Greenberg parked him at the 3 point line, ran hardly any plays for him, and he just shot contested 3s late in the shot clock which he missed. The more he missed, the more his confidence sank. He got worse and worse as the season went along and he left. My thinking is Greenberg sold him something and when he got to VT, it wasn't anything like he was told.

BTW, I wouldn't think much of the Greenberg "dirty" stuff. It's "dirty" because of AAU? Welcome to college basketball recruiting for the last 10 years. EVERYONE does it. Even Duke had to jump just to stay on top. It won't change until the NCAA does something so...nothing will change.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hearing more about I. Ford to Louisville lately. I don't know where this is coming from, but I wouldn't be surprised if the performance of our bball program was pushing him that way...<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Louisville football target <a href="https://twitter.com/isaiah_ford3">@isaiah_ford3</a> went for 59 points today in his basketball game. Ford will also play ball wherever he chooses.</p>&mdash; Steven Rummage (@Stiz_CSZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/Stiz_CSZ/statuses/429444907758256128">February 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing more about I. Ford to Louisville lately. I don't know where this is coming from, but I wouldn't be surprised if the performance of our bball program was pushing him that way...<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Louisville football target <a href="https://twitter.com/isaiah_ford3">@isaiah_ford3</a> went for 59 points today in his basketball game. Ford will also play ball wherever he chooses.</p>&mdash; Steven Rummage (@Stiz_CSZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/Stiz_CSZ/statuses/429444907758256128">February 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:gaah:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing more about I. Ford to Louisville lately. I don't know where this is coming from, but I wouldn't be surprised if the performance of our bball program was pushing him that way...

yeah, that's pretty much been my thought lately...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non of the "realistic" candidates really excite me. And I am surprised Steve Prohm's name didn't come up again. Any chance VT goes after a guy like Buzz Williams?

I would LOVE to have Buzz. There's no way he'd leave Marquette for us though. We'd have to back a dump truck up to his house filled with stacks of cash and all you can eat London Broil

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3PLBwFo5Xbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw another Harrell sick jam this week and I was like "Damn. He could have been ours". Then I was like "Who am I kidding? If he stuck with us, he'd probably be in JJ's doghouse for some asinine reason"