• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Va Tech basketball

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

Weaver must have searched high and low for this one. I guess the guy at Bridgewater College declined the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Weaver must have searched high and low for this one. I guess the guy at Bridgewater College declined the offer.

I guess this is a James Johnson hire.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is he was walking on the sidewalk outside the AD's office and Weaver just stuck his head out the window and said "You're hired!"

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its surprised he didn't just hire an intern from the athletic department for the Director of Basketball Operations.

WTF does the director of basketball operations do anyway?

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The program is in a death spiral after 1 year of JJ. So we hired a high school athletic director who was HC at a 1800 student school. Great.

And Will Johnson got put on scholarship because Donte Clark, the highest rated recruit for 2013, did not qualify.

Fire Weaver!

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weaver really needs to be forced out and we need to seek new (younger) blood that can elevate our athletic programs to new heights.

This is comical at best.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weaver really needs to be forced out and we need to seek new (younger) blood that can elevate our athletic programs to new heights.

This is comical at best.

Comical, but not funny.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before numerous times but stuff like this just keeps me thinking why in the hell would you spend mucho dinero on a brand new basketball facility and then make joke hires in both womens and mens programs? That's like buying a Ferrari and filling it with regular 87 pump gas and using cheap retreaded tires.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think, 15 months ago VT was a middle-of-the-road ACC team. Seth had recruited a couple of top 100 guys, had gotten screwed by the NCAA's yet again, and the fans' frustration was at the mediocre offense.

Fast forward to today, the quality of the recruits is down, the staff does not seem to understand defense, the only steady scorer has graduated, the Hokies were last place in the ACC, and promoting from within apparently did little to maintain stability in Blacksburg.

In the worst case scenario, whoever Weaver (or hopefully a new AD) will be looking to hire as a coach will be taking over a program in shambles. Normally I would say that is overly dramatic but look at what happened to women's basketball.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think, 15 months ago VT was a middle-of-the-road ACC team. Seth had recruited a couple of top 100 guys, had gotten screwed by the NCAA's yet again, and the fans' frustration was at the mediocre offense.

Fast forward to today, the quality of the recruits is down, the staff does not seem to understand defense, the only steady scorer has graduated, the Hokies were last place in the ACC, and promoting from within apparently did little to maintain stability in Blacksburg.

In the worst case scenario, whoever Weaver (or hopefully a new AD) will be looking to hire as a coach will be taking over a program in shambles. Normally I would say that is overly dramatic but look at what happened to women's basketball.
:rain:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'd fire Weaver just for that ill-considered move. Greenberg wasn't perfect, but he did kick VT basketball up a notch, and was an excellent recruiter.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erick Green's Summer League stats

Looks like Green has settled down a bit. He's shooting lights out from 3 and his FG % has evened out after a really bad first game. I'd feel more comfortable with him making the roster if his assists totals were higher but it's hard to get them in SL. It's basically one giant elementary school type scrimmage with guys winging it.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did not shoot well last night.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Nate Robinson is signing with the Denver Nuggets. My guess is Green is going to get demoted to the D league with Lawson, Miller and Robinson in front of him on the depth chart.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Nate Robinson is signing with the Denver Nuggets. My guess is Green is going to get demoted to the D league with Lawson, Miller and Robinson in front of him on the depth chart.

They picked up Randy Foye a couple of weeks back too. Not looking good for Green to snag a roster spot

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Virginia Tech men’s basketball 2013-14 schedule

Nov. 9 USC Upstate, TBA

Nov. 12: West Virginia, 1 (ESPN)

Nov. 15 Western Carolina, TBA

Nov. 18 VMI, TBA

Nov. 22: Michigan State at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., 9:30 (TruTV)*

Nov. 23: Oklahoma/Seton Hall at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., 7 or 9:30 (TruTV)*

Nov. 26 Furman, TBA

Nov. 29: Radford, TBA

Dec. 3 Winthrop, TBA

Dec. 8 at Miami, 12:30 (ESPNU)

Dec. 21 vs. VCU at Richmond Coliseum, NBC Sports Network^

Dec. 28 UNC Greensboro, TBA

Dec. 31 Maryland-Eastern Shore, TBA

Jan. 7 Syracuse, 9 (ESPN3 or ACC Network)

Jan. 11 Boston College, Noon (RSN)

Jan. 15 Clemson, 7 (RSN)

Jan. 19 at Notre Dame, 6 (ESPNU)

Jan. 22 Wake Forest, 7 (ESPN3 or ACC Network)

Jan. 25 at Virginia, 3 (ESPN3 or ACC Network)

Jan. 29 at Boston College, 7 (RSN)

Feb. 1 Maryland, Noon (ESPN3 or ACC Network)

Feb. 5 at Florida State, 9 (RSN)

Feb. 8 at Pittsburgh, Noon (RSN)

Feb. 15 Miami, 6 (RSN)

Feb. 18 Virginia, 9 (ESPN3 or ACC Network)

Feb. 22 North Carolina State, 2 (RSN)

Feb. 25 at Duke, 7 (ESPNU)

Mar. 1 North Carolina, 2:30 (ESPN 3 or ACC Network)

Mar. 4 at Maryland, 8 (ESPN3 or ACC Network)

Mar. 8 at Georgia Tech, 2 (ESPN or ESPN2)

Mar. 13-16 ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.

*Part of the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic event

^Part of the Governor’s Holiday Hoops Classic

Virginia Tech basketball schedule for 2013-14 released - The Washington Post

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Finally some good news!!!!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hokies pick up guard Justin Bibbs from Montverde FL</p>&mdash; KipTJam (@KipTJam) <a href="https://twitter.com/KipTJam/statuses/377609536196321282">September 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>