• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: USC vs Utah

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I had to watch three field goal attempts to get me the over. :gaah:

But he made it all three times. :yes:
I had USC and the over parlayed and hit my 3 teamer in baseball . Air Force fucked me good on my other parlay with their total 4th quarter collapse .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question, I was thinking the same thing.
They confused the hell out of me. FG was good with a defensive penalty and they made Utah kick another from the same spot.

Edit: I just checked the play by play. Only defense was penalized but the ball was moved up 5 yards.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it absolutely hilarious that USC has faced the toughest opening 4 game stretch of anyone, Clay Helton has coached them so poorly and they've taken a frustrating loss to BYU

Yet somehow by the skin of his dick they're 3-1
Now the next two games they will face the Huskies and Notre Dame, both on the road. Yes they have a tough schedule this year.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the 2 SEC homers that work for ESPN can create another article on how the Pac is eliminated from the playoffs.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our PAC - 12 Facebook group is going full tard atm. People posting screen shots while accusing other's of welshing on bets and SC & Utah fans going at it full bore. Good times. :)

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is @Rolltide94 trying to be nice to you? Does you owe him money?

I said I would roll with them all season if they wrecked tech, but I like a good underdog, so I think I will keep them around for awhile. That way I can shit on all the bandwagon fans when UTEP is going for their 3rd National Championship in 2034. Besides, Deep Creek seems like a good egg, he needs the moral support.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win for Helton. Time to re-up.

5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS!

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That turned out to be such horrible advice LOL, it's amazing that Graham made it as far as he did

Until it fell apart he did bring in good players to Arizona State but you guys always looked like you could break through and have a great season under his watch and somehow it would always fall apart down the stretch

Graham had a workable system for a coach trying to get up the in the world. He didn't have a sustainable system for a coach who'd be in the same conference for a while, because his blitz happy defense became jokingly predictable. Especially when he played favorites with his staff, and basically had buddies on retainer for the ride. He succeeded for 2 reasons- The retardedly aggressive nature of his preferred defense surprised people who weren't prepared for it and overcame some talent deficiencies on defense, and he was really good at picking OC's that could tailor an offense to the respectable talent level.

I hope he gets a job again. I don't hate the guy. He did a pretty decent job and beat a bunch of ranked teams, but he was figured out and didn't learn new tricks. And he was bad at training guys up, or more accurately his staff was.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game.

The refs damn near made it unwatchable. The only positive thing I can say about them is that they were equally shitty both ways and were consistently shitty for the entire game. That's actually progress for PAC-12 refs.

Utah and USC both lost important players. Slovis for USC and Moss for Utah. Matt Fink is a redshirt junior who, while he hasn't started or played a lot, has been in the middle of the qb battles every season, so he's gotten a lot of reps in practice. Utah didn't really have anyone to do what Moss does.

I was really happy with our defense. They gave up some yards, but made a lot of plays to keep Utah out of the end zone.

I thought the receivers stepped up too. Some of Fink's passes were a bit ill advised, but he put the ball up and trusted his receivers to make plays.

Late in the game, I thought the defense was gassed and I expected that we'd lose because of it. Instead, they continued to make plays and seemed to get better in some ways.

Last year, they lose that game by probably 10 points.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the 2 SEC homers that work for ESPN can create another article on how the Pac is eliminated from the playoffs.

Really stupid to have said articles, but the PAC hopes pretty well hinge on Wazzu at this point. Much as we all like Leach and his quirks and quips, would anyone bet on them to run the table in the PAC? Based on what I saw against Houston, they look like a 2-loss team at best.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game.

The refs damn near made it unwatchable. The only positive thing I can say about them is that they were equally shitty both ways and were consistently shitty for the entire game. That's actually progress for PAC-12 refs.

Utah and USC both lost important players. Slovis for USC and Moss for Utah. Matt Fink is a redshirt junior who, while he hasn't started or played a lot, has been in the middle of the qb battles every season, so he's gotten a lot of reps in practice. Utah didn't really have anyone to do what Moss does.

I was really happy with our defense. They gave up some yards, but made a lot of plays to keep Utah out of the end zone.

I thought the receivers stepped up too. Some of Fink's passes were a bit ill advised, but he put the ball up and trusted his receivers to make plays.

Late in the game, I thought the defense was gassed and I expected that we'd lose because of it. Instead, they continued to make plays and seemed to get better in some ways.

Last year, they lose that game by probably 10 points.

Yeah... Every time I saw Fink pass, it seemed like "WTF" was at the top of my mind. Good thing Pittman is big enough and savvy enough to be able to go UP to snag those passes into tight coverage. :nod:

Any word on the status of Slovis? The backup QB situation is a bit precarious right now. heh heh :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Every time I saw Fink pass, it seemed like "WTF" was at the top of my mind. Good thing Pittman is big enough and savvy enough to be able to go UP to snag those passes into tight coverage. :nod:

Any word on the status of Slovis? The backup QB situation is a bit precarious right now. heh heh :noidea:

Haven't heard anything other than "head injury". I expect we'll likely hear that he's in concussion protocol pretty soon. Looked like his head bounced off the turf pretty good.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really stupid to have said articles, but the PAC hopes pretty well hinge on Wazzu at this point. Much as we all like Leach and his quirks and quips, would anyone bet on them to run the table in the PAC? Based on what I saw against Houston, they look like a 2-loss team at best.
CAL!!!!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more QBs does USC have on its roster?
At one point when Fink was a little slow to get up. I thought they may have to have Leinart leave the press box and suit up :L

With how the defense looks this year. No way in hell they beat Udubs next week. Games not even going to be close.