• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA was hosed in Solehiem

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! Make her better at what?

Better shape man, cmon, you know what I mean. She drops 30# she is looking pretty good imo, oh yeah, she does have a pretty face.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better shape man, cmon, you know what I mean. She drops 30# she is looking pretty good imo, oh yeah, she does have a pretty face.

That's what I thought. Good for you! Hell, she already walks 5 miles a day four days a week (when she makes the cut). You'd think it would be easy. I'm afraid she's going to be Meg Mallon when she gets older.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me...not only is she not hot she has zero personality...she would sit at the back of the range with Robert Karlsson and they'd be stuck up their teachers ass all day...granted they were in Eustis, FL, bum fuck Florida...not to mention they play professionally now and I post on a message board

I'll bet she has more personality than my right hand.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pepper: Rules mishaps gave Solheim Cup 'black eye'

Ha ha. Hey Dottie, I'd say it was more your players' pathetic performance that gave the Solheim a black eye.

Taking in the final tally, you're right.

But...watching it live...it was one of those kinds of things where in MLB the manager would raise all kinds of hell, but I guess in golf you can't do that. I thought Mallon and Pepper (who were both there in the midst of it) should have been more vocal about the final drop position...no way in hell she should've had a direct view of the flag based on where the ball last crossed the margin....that drop is really the only reason I started this thread.

That said, and this goes back to your point...Lexi Thompson's weak ass par from in front of the green in 2 (par 5) is what changed the momentum.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking in the final tally, you're right.

But...watching it live...it was one of those kinds of things where in MLB the manager would raise all kinds of hell, but I guess in golf you can't do that. I thought Mallon and Pepper (who were both there in the midst of it) should have been more vocal about the final drop position...no way in hell she should've had a direct view of the flag based on where the ball last crossed the margin....that drop is really the only reason I started this thread.

That said, and this goes back to your point...Lexi Thompson's weak ass par from in front of the green in 2 (par 5) is what changed the momentum.

Am I wrong though or did that drop have nothing to do with the outcome of the hole other than it made our gals have to wait 25 minutes?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong though or did that drop have nothing to do with the outcome of the hole other than it made our gals have to wait 25 minutes?

A proper drop, and she has no line to the flag at all unless she chose to play over the big tree in which she would've had to go back much further on the line. Doubtful she could get her 4th on the green from the correct drop...I saw nothing but a 6 coming...she made a super 5 from an allowed improper drop.

In short I think a 5 wins the hole for the US if the drop were handled right. As it was they were still AS after the hole, but imo her halving that hole gave the Euros a big boost mentally and the opposite for the US they went on to lose the point on the match.

I wouldn't use that as an excuse if I were Pepper...you got beat by much worse than 1 point.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A proper drop, and she has no line to the flag at all unless she chose to play over the big tree in which she would've had to go back much further on the line. Doubtful she could get her 4th on the green from the correct drop...I saw nothing but a 6 coming...she made a super 5 from an allowed improper drop.

In short I think a 5 wins the hole for the US if the drop were handled right. As it was they were still AS after the hole, but imo her halving that hole gave the Euros a big boost mentally and the opposite for the US they went on to lose the point on the match.

I wouldn't use that as an excuse if I were Pepper...you got beat by much worse than 1 point.

I missed that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that.

Watching it live, I'm thinking ok maybe our camera angle is not good, but Judy Rankin was the only one in the booth that wasn't okay with how it was handled...the English speaking guy & woman were just jabbering...the on course woman following the match was clueless. Pepper & Mallon were looking clueless...Stacy Lewis seemed to b the only one at odds with what was happening.

A lot went wrong from the beginning...real time was longer than 5 mins. before she found the ball. The ball position was marked with a tee and another tee where it as estimated to have last crossed. Then the official gave her the options...one being dropping on the opposite side of the hazard equa-distance to where the point of entry that was marked with the tee...then the official lasered the point of entry distance...then went opposite side of the hazard and made several efforts to find an equa-distance spot...all along giving the yardages to the player!

Now she didn't play from either of these spots so it was no harm no foul...after 15 mins trying to determine where to drop, the player finally deciding to go backward from her point of entry position keeping the flag in line with her ball...she went backwards on that line, but also veered a good 5' right giving here a partial view of the flag, and she dropped on a slope down to the cart path giving her another foot or so right of her true line. she ended up with a shot with no tree interference.

Now there are 3 groups on the hole...I really think all involved were just so ready for her to play a shot that they didn't pay close attention.

Again...I didn't mean all that ranting to say it affected the outcome of the Cup...they got smoked...Wie was one of the few consistent bright spots.

I'm not really big into the RC PC, or Solheim...but it's different...playing for yourself vs a team does add some pressure. I think the Euros really look at this RC very seriously...I mean a guy like Montgomery who I think was a great player is more appreciated over there for his RC play than winning like 7 order of merit awards consecutive.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching it live, I'm thinking ok maybe our camera angle is not good, but Judy Rankin was the only one in the booth that wasn't okay with how it was handled...the English speaking guy & woman were just jabbering...the on course woman following the match was clueless. Pepper & Mallon were looking clueless...Stacy Lewis seemed to b the only one at odds with what was happening.

A lot went wrong from the beginning...real time was longer than 5 mins. before she found the ball. The ball position was marked with a tee and another tee where it as estimated to have last crossed. Then the official gave her the options...one being dropping on the opposite side of the hazard equa-distance to where the point of entry that was marked with the tee...then the official lasered the point of entry distance...then went opposite side of the hazard and made several efforts to find an equa-distance spot...all along giving the yardages to the player!

Now she didn't play from either of these spots so it was no harm no foul...after 15 mins trying to determine where to drop, the player finally deciding to go backward from her point of entry position keeping the flag in line with her ball...she went backwards on that line, but also veered a good 5' right giving here a partial view of the flag, and she dropped on a slope down to the cart path giving her another foot or so right of her true line. she ended up with a shot with no tree interference.

Now there are 3 groups on the hole...I really think all involved were just so ready for her to play a shot that they didn't pay close attention.

Again...I didn't mean all that ranting to say it affected the outcome of the Cup...they got smoked...Wie was one of the few consistent bright spots.

I'm not really big into the RC PC, or Solheim...but it's different...playing for yourself vs a team does add some pressure. I think the Euros really look at this RC very seriously...I mean a guy like Montgomery who I think was a great player is more appreciated over there for his RC play than winning like 7 order of merit awards consecutive.

I love the Ryder Cup, absolutely love it! Only lukewarm on the copycat President's Cup and have no interest at all in Women's golf other than the aforementioned interest in seeing who has the best ass.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that keen on match play in general...the competition, or entertainment value of it is incredible.

But...I don't really think it proves whose the better players are...Sergio can mak'em from all over @ the RC, but can't make a 4 footer in a major to save his live. Tiger & Phil (especially Tiger) are terrible in the RC, but they won more tourneys this year than the entire Euro team combined has I think.

Part of that little trip we used to do was a team matchplay component...if was fun...I have to admit that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that keen on match play in general...the competition, or entertainment value of it is incredible.
But...I don't really think it proves whose the better players are...Sergio can mak'em from all over @ the RC, but can't make a 4 footer in a major to save his live. Tiger & Phil (especially Tiger) are terrible in the RC, but they won more tourneys this year than the entire Euro team combined has I think.

Part of that little trip we used to do was a team matchplay component...if was fun...I have to admit that.

That is what I love about it. I love players who thrive on the constant pressure of it like Poulter or Monty. You are never out of a match in match play. To me there is nothing more boring in golf than having a tournament be over by Friday because a guy is running away with it. The other thing I love about the RC is the team aspect of it. Its like nothing else in golf. I think people like Woods are not good at it because they are self absorbed individuals and never think in a "Team" type manner in any aspect of their lives. In their minds, its all about themselves.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I love about it. I love players who thrive on the constant pressure of it like Poulter or Monty. You are never out of a match in match play. To me there is nothing more boring in golf than having a tournament be over by Friday because a guy is running away with it. The other thing I love about the RC is the team aspect of it. Its like nothing else in golf. I think people like Woods are not good at it because they are self absorbed individuals and never think in a "Team" type manner in any aspect of their lives. In their minds, its all about themselves.

Agree... I lot of these guys struggle to hold leads so you never know these days lol. but you're right...if it's not much of a race on Sunday I'll find something else to do.

On Tiger...I tend to agree here too...you know due to his Jr/Am matchplay record that he was good at it, but his goals were to win majors and he had this big aura of intimidation that he didn't want to let his guard down being a team member on the RC...better the PC, but I just don't think it means much to him.