• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today predicts us 5-11

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lay off the dope dude Redskins have a damn good team this year

I disagree. They are 100% not as good as the Seahawks, Raiders, Chiefs, Cowboys or Giants. Arguably they aren't as good as the Saints, Cardinals or Broncos. I will say that, as a team, the Redskins are better than the Rams, 49ers, Vikings, Eagles and Chargers.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. They are 100% not as good as the Seahawks, Raiders, Chiefs, Cowboys or Giants. Arguably they aren't as good as the Saints, Cardinals or Broncos. I will say that, as a team, the Redskins are better than the Rams, 49ers, Vikings, Eagles and Chargers.

lol that is a massive load of B"S

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we usually split with the giants and cowboys , who knows about rivalry games

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a sweep from the Giants and Cowboys is unlikely. We should at least get one. Should of had three last year. I agree with Seattle b/c its at Seattle. The week 3 game against the Raiders at home should tell alot. The Skins should be 2-0 going into that game. If somehow they win that game then we will get noticed nationally. Week 4 is KC at Kc that is a tough game.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a sweep from the Giants and Cowboys is unlikely. We should at least get one. Should of had three last year. I agree with Seattle b/c its at Seattle. The week 3 game against the Raiders at home should tell alot. The Skins should be 2-0 going into that game. If somehow they win that game then we will get noticed nationally. Week 4 is KC at Kc that is a tough game.

November is gonna be the toughest I believe. @seattle, Minnesota, @New Orleans, Giants and @Dallas. Eck!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November is gonna be the toughest I believe. @seattle, Minnesota, @New Orleans, Giants and @Dallas. Eck!

True. Week 3 will tell us if this team is a contender or not. If we somehow lose to the Eagles at home and the Rams weeks 1 and two then this thing could get ugly fast.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Week 3 will tell us if this team is a contender or not. If we somehow lose to the Eagles at home and the Rams weeks 1 and two then this thing could get ugly fast.

I really can't see the Rams beating anyone honestly. The Rams are the Jets of the NFC haha.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't see the Rams beating anyone honestly. The Rams are the Jets of the NFC haha.

They got the 49ers twice. lol. Should be Jets, 49ers, Rams, and browns for the top four picks of the draft.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got the 49ers twice. lol. Should be Jets, 49ers, Rams, and browns for the top four picks of the draft.

I'm thinking Jets, 49ers, Rams, Bears, Chargers. I don't like the Chargers this year. I had the idea that the Chargers might tank this year to get the heir apparent for Philip Rivers.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Jets, 49ers, Rams, Bears, Chargers. I don't like the Chargers this year. I had the idea that the Chargers might tank this year to get the heir apparent for Philip Rivers.

I forgot about the Bears. SD will be better than Cle. SD has a good defense plus Rivers and Gordon. AFC West is the best division in football from top to bottom. 2nd best should be the NFC East.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the Bears. SD will be better than Cle. SD has a good defense plus Rivers and Gordon. AFC West is the best division in football from top to bottom. 2nd best should be the NFC East.

I think NFC South its the best. Each team has a stellar offense that could be explosive. AFC West in my opinion is being held down by the Chargers and Broncos. The QB situation in Denver is less than impressive and I don't see the Chargers being any better than they were last year. Falcons/Panthers/Saints/Bucs are probably the most unpredictable division in football and it's gonna be exciting to watch. NFC East would be 2nd in my opinion and 3rd would probably AFC South only because I'm excited to see how Mariota will play after his injury, Luck will more than likely be back by Week 1, the Texans have a pretty good offense with, in my opinion, the future of the franchise in DeShaun Watson and the Jags look great on paper if Bortles can step it up.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NFC South its the best. Each team has a stellar offense that could be explosive. AFC West in my opinion is being held down by the Chargers and Broncos. The QB situation in Denver is less than impressive and I don't see the Chargers being any better than they were last year. Falcons/Panthers/Saints/Bucs are probably the most unpredictable division in football and it's gonna be exciting to watch. NFC East would be 2nd in my opinion and 3rd would probably AFC South only because I'm excited to see how Mariota will play after his injury, Luck will more than likely be back by Week 1, the Texans have a pretty good offense with, in my opinion, the future of the franchise in DeShaun Watson and the Jags look great on paper if Bortles can step it up.

That would mean the Skins could go 2-2 in the AFC West. I would take that. If they ever go 3-1 in that division that would mean the Skins should be something special this year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would mean the Skins could go 2-2 in the AFC West. I would take that. If they ever go 3-1 in that division that would mean the Skins should be something special this year.

I see the Skins going 2-2 in the NFC West and 1-3 in the AFC West. 1-3 depends on of Siemian or Lynch is starting for Denver. I really don't have confidence in Siemian but I think Lynch has better talent amongst the two.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Skins going 2-2 in the NFC West and 1-3 in the AFC West. 1-3 depends on of Siemian or Lynch is starting for Denver. I really don't have confidence in Siemian but I think Lynch has better talent amongst the two.

Im not high on the Cards this year. Defense lost a lot of starters plus old injury prone QB. David Johnson is going to have to carry that team. Seattle should run away with that division. If Lynch is starting by then (late in the year) when the skins play them, then that favors the Skins, playing basically a rookie QB. 3-1 in both divisions would be huge. Week 3 against the Raiders is so huge.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not high on the Cards this year. Defense lost a lot of starters plus old injury prone QB. David Johnson is going to have to carry that team. Seattle should run away with that division. If Lynch is starting by then (late in the year) when the skins play them, then that favors the Skins, playing basically a rookie QB. 3-1 in both divisions would be huge. Week 3 against the Raiders is so huge.

Even if they don't beat the Raiders, if they keep things close, that will speak volumes to how they might do.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the time of an NFL year where hope springs eternal. With the possible exception of NYJets fans there's great anticipation across the land and mental road maps being drawn towards what it will take to qualify for a playoff spot. True fanatics everywhere are simultaneously declaring possible victories against common opponents, when both cannot be true. Assumptions are made in tight vacuums where nothing changes from year to year therefore "we" should be better if this or that also happens. This is the fuel that feeds this eternal hope and while 12 of the 32 teams will qualify the vast majority of these clamoring hopeful are set up for bitter disappointment.

"Fuck them" seems to be the mantra because all we care about is "our" guys. "Just as long as we make it," is our refrain, while we rail against suggestions that don't favor our intended objective. It is interesting that we don't want to entertain the notion that 5-11 as possible....it honestly is, one of any number of ways that this season concludes. Of course a minimum 9 or 10 wins and a playoff spot for 31 of the 32 teams isn't possible, but right now......there's hope.

I don't believe that most folks here were debating the eventual record for the Redskins but rather the logic beyond it. Specifically - it was stated that the Redskins had major issues on the O line when it was shown that just about every review of NFL O lines has the Redskins somewhere in the top 10 NFL lines & usually in the top 7 - hardly a problem. It was then stated on the flip side that the Giants major O line issues were not problem at all since they would be countered by their defense & receiving corps. Kind of flawed logic IMO.

I rarely make predictions & yes I could see the Redskins having a losing season, playoff season or anywhere between those extremes. That is life in the NFL. HTTR

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't play the game on paper though. Eagles improved their offense so much more. Giants improves their offense so much more. The Cowboys have the best O-line in the NFC. Redskins added Jonathan Allen and Terrelle Pryor. Those, although good pickups and additions, are not equal to where the rest of the NFC East stack up offense wise.

Well, your "opinion" would be wrong there. You should keep your full of shit "opinions" on the general board where they belong, and quit with the trolling.

FACT is, Redskins had the #3 OFFENSE in the entire NFL last season. #3 mother fucker, not 3rd in the the NFCE, THIRD IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!

Now, go back to the general board if you are going to post your BS "opinions".

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was in Philly today on business and local radio have the Eagles winning the division with the best DLine in the history of the NFL so I guess we have to hope for a wild card.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with the Rams, 49ers, Vikings, Saints, Chargers and Rams. Hell, I'd even agree you MAY sweep the Eagles. But I don't see the Skins beating the Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks, Raiders, Cardinals or Chiefs. Broncos for me are a toss up depending on who is the QB. In a perfect scenario where they beat the teams they are actually better than, 8-8. But I really think the Saints will beat you guys and you'll split with the Eagles. 6-10 is the best case scenario in my opinion.

To be fair, your predictions seems to be based solely on what happened last year, and not historically.
In the NFC EAST -- you can EXPECT regression, and you can almost feel it with Dallas, Zeke is going to get some sort of discipline, Whitehead lost his job...Brandon Marshall has never been on team that made the playoffs(i think) ODB has been more vocal about his contract. All these things equal distractions, while the 'skins are motivated and many guys are playing on one year deals so they CAN'T have bad seasons.
As other guys mentioned - the raiders could take a step back due to the QB coming back from injury, RB chemistry changes, and some good fortune they had late in games last year. Not many folks here are just going to agree with you saying more than 5 wins would be silly to think is possible.

It would be like saying the Steelers are going to miss the playoffs because the Ravens and Bengals
did great in FA and the draft this year.