• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today predicts us 5-11

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, your "opinion" would be wrong there. You should keep your full of shit "opinions" on the general board where they belong, and quit with the trolling.

FACT is, Redskins had the #3 OFFENSE in the entire NFL last season. #3 mother fucker, not 3rd in the the NFCE, THIRD IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!

Now, go back to the general board if you are going to post your BS "opinions".

Six weeks, shits going to get interesting around here. :thumb:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, your "opinion" would be wrong there. You should keep your full of shit "opinions" on the general board where they belong, and quit with the trolling.

FACT is, Redskins had the #3 OFFENSE in the entire NFL last season. #3 mother fucker, not 3rd in the the NFCE, THIRD IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!

Man, triggered much?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, your predictions seems to be based solely on what happened last year, and not historically.
In the NFC EAST -- you can EXPECT regression, and you can almost feel it with Dallas, Zeke is going to get some sort of discipline, Whitehead lost his job...Brandon Marshall has never been on team that made the playoffs(i think) ODB has been more vocal about his contract. All these things equal distractions, while the 'skins are motivated and many guys are playing on one year deals so they CAN'T have bad seasons.
As other guys mentioned - the raiders could take a step back due to the QB coming back from injury, RB chemistry changes, and some good fortune they had late in games last year. Not many folks here are just going to agree with you saying more than 5 wins would be silly to think is possible.

It would be like saying the Steelers are going to miss the playoffs because the Ravens and Bengals
did great in FA and the draft this year.

My prediction are based on what happened last year, the guys they signed, the players they lost and the guys the other teams in the NFC East have signed and lost. So let's agree to disagree or y'all can get triggered and make an ass out of yourselves by cursing me out because I don't like your team this year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction are based on what happened last year, the guys they signed, the players they lost and the guys the other teams in the NFC East have signed and lost. So let's agree to disagree or y'all can get triggered and make an ass out of yourselves by cursing me out because I don't like your team this year.

I honestly believe that differing opinions are welcomed here, correct me if I'm wrong Mods and fellow posters.

@Terry Rode...Most will welcome opinions from others who sees a vastly different team than the one that they follow. To me that's a very common thing to find, especially on NFL forums. Non faithful will find that there exists a hard form of protective tribalism from some, while others view their input as contributing to the fun of these things when at season's end, truth, bragging rights, told you so's and the occasional (Nelson Muntz,) Ha Ha is thrown around.

Hell man, if the regulars here were put into a room somewhere and the topic was......Kirk Cousins or opposition to @deanpet21, there would be arrests made, calls for EMS, and possibly a death or two. Stay with us dude, we are one day away from the 2017 pre-season kickoff and a bit closer to the real written blood letting here.........unless......this team gets closer to one of these:

th

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe that differing opinions are welcomed here, correct me if I'm wrong Mods and fellow posters.

@Terry Rode...Most will welcome opinions from others who sees a vastly different team than the one that they follow. To me that's a very common thing to find, especially on NFL forums. Non faithful will find that there exists a hard form of protective tribalism from some, while others view their input as contributing to the fun of these things when at season's end, truth, bragging rights, told you so's and the occasional (Nelson Muntz,) Ha Ha is thrown around.

Hell man, if the regulars here were put into a room somewhere and the topic was......Kirk Cousins or opposition to @deanpet21, there would be arrests made, calls for EMS, and possibly a death or two. Stay with us dude, we are one day away from the 2017 pre-season kickoff and a bit closer to the real written blood letting here.........unless......this team gets closer to one of these:

th

I always welcome conversation. That's what these forums are all about! Sports fans talking it out, the occasional trash talk. Debates are 85% opinion based. This entire discussion on how good the team is it mere opinion based on possibilities of what will or won't happen. I like to believe that most people on all forums welcome differing opinions because usually, if the person is open minded, it gets you thinking of things in another way that you wouldn't of thought about had you not engaged in a conversation with someone of a differing opinion. Unfortunately, you have those chosen few that just immediately bash and disrespect because they disagree. To each their own, obviously, but I'd rather deal with those, like you, who welcome differing sides of the ball.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always welcome conversation. That's what these forums are all about! Sports fans talking it out, the occasional trash talk. Debates are 85% opinion based. This entire discussion on how good the team is it mere opinion based on possibilities of what will or won't happen. I like to believe that most people on all forums welcome differing opinions because usually, if the person is open minded, it gets you thinking of things in another way that you wouldn't of thought about had you not engaged in a conversation with someone of a differing opinion. Unfortunately, you have those chosen few that just immediately bash and disrespect because they disagree. To each their own, obviously, but I'd rather deal with those, like you, who welcome differing sides of the ball.

You are fine. I liked our exchange. No need to swear or get upset right now from other posters.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with any of these postings. Like I mentioned previously - preseason NFL predictions are relatively useless. Look at last season. Sure - the Pats were an obvious pick & it went their way. However - who predicted the Romo-less Cowboys to do so well, the Raiders to go 12-4, the Falcons to make (& almost win) the SB or the Panthers to do so poorly? No doubt we will see similar unexpected results this season - it is all part of the makeup of the NFL.

Again - my issue was with the logic behind the predictions & specifically stating that the Skins O line had major issues - which was subsequently proven to be inaccurate. I accept the possibility that the Redskins could have a losing season or make the playoffs - hard to tell at this time.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with any of these postings. Like I mentioned previously - preseason NFL predictions are relatively useless. Look at last season. Sure - the Pats were an obvious pick & it went their way. However - who predicted the Romo-less Cowboys to do so well, the Raiders to go 12-4, the Falcons to make (& almost win) the SB or the Panthers to do so poorly? No doubt we will see similar unexpected results this season - it is all part of the makeup of the NFL.

Again - my issue was with the logic behind the predictions & specifically stating that the Skins O line had major issues - which was subsequently proven to be inaccurate. I accept the possibility that the Redskins could have a losing season or make the playoffs - hard to tell at this time.

I agree. I think Terry Rode is just buying all the hype that goes with Dallas and NYG. Sure they look good on paper as we do but they have their issues. NYG o line and Dallas' defense are highly questionable right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well terry , i never did say welcome to the site so first off welcome . i am the mod here and from everything you have written all i have seen is some well thought out points of view about our team . i didnt see any trolling or smack talk . i cant see what you did as being anywhere near being wrong . we do have a smack talk thread in which you can do that too if you like but only there please . if one of our guys engages in smack talk with you in a thread other then the smack talk one i usually allow it then move the posts over to the smack talk thread after the dialogue plays out . some of our posters do need to chill some .

so please continue to come here and talk football and hook up your chinstrap because we are passionate here

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well terry , i never did say welcome to the site so first off welcome . i am the mod here and from everything you have written all i have seen is some well thought out points of view about our team . i didnt see any trolling or smack talk . i cant see what you did as being anywhere near being wrong . we do have a smack talk thread in which you can do that too if you like but only there please . if one of our guys engages in smack talk with you in a thread other then the smack talk one i usually allow it then move the posts over to the smack talk thread after the dialogue plays out . some of our posters do need to chill some .

so please continue to come here and talk football and hook up your chinstrap because we are passionate here

Well first of all, thank you for your service to our country. And thank you for seeing things that way. I don't mind smack talk at all. I would just like to know why I needed to be called a mother fucker for not liking the Redskins O-Line lol

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have as much confidence in the Redskins O-line as everyone else does. And even if the O-line is as good as everyone says it is, does the defense match up as well on the other side of the ball? I didn't say that the Skins O-line has major issues, I said that for me, it's a question mark on the team, along with the running game. I don't have confidence in the Redskins defense to be able to stop opponents offenses after a mistake from the O-line. With the Giants, their O-line isn't good, but their defense is SOLID that it is likely that the defense can stop opposing offenses after a mistake on the offensive side of the ball. Along with that, the Giants have significantly improved their WR corps with the addition of Brandon Marshall and their rookie TE Evan Ingram will be someone to watch also. With the Cowboys, their O-line is obviously one of the best in the league, Dak and Zeke are who they are, but the thing to watch for there is whether there is a sophomore slump with them and if there is, it will hit HARD because its a slump times two. In my opinion, the additions the Giants have give me more confidence than the additions the Redskins have. Giants had a top 10 defense in the NFL in yards given up and the best defense in the NFC in points per game last year with little to no changes in the mainframe of that defense. Washington's defense was the 5th worst in the NFL in total yardage and 8th worst in the NFC in points per game. It's hard for me to see their improvements making THAT big of a change.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first of all, thank you for your service to our country. And thank you for seeing things that way. I don't mind smack talk at all. I would just like to know why I needed to be called a mother fucker for not liking the Redskins O-Line lol
no reason for that ,

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have as much confidence in the Redskins O-line as everyone else does. And even if the O-line is as good as everyone says it is, does the defense match up as well on the other side of the ball? I didn't say that the Skins O-line has major issues, I said that for me, it's a question mark on the team, along with the running game.

Giants had a top 10 defense in the NFL in yards given up and the best defense in the NFC in points per game last year with little to no changes in the mainframe of that defense. Washington's defense was the 5th worst in the NFL in total yardage and 8th worst in the NFC in points per game. It's hard for me to see their improvements making THAT big of a change.

OK - please clarify - still trying to process your statement about the Redskins O line. The Redskins offense was 3rd best in the NFL & they gave up the 4th least amt of sacks in the NFL so obviously the problem is not w/ their pass protection. The running game needs improvement, but that is likely much more of a factor of the talent at RB & a running game is not needed as much in this era (BTW - the Giants have a terrible running game). Please tell exactly where you see the shortcomings on the Redskins O line.

As for your statement about defense - could not disagree more. You are telling me that the Redskins basically changing defensive personnel in over half their starting personnel can't possibly have a big effect? You are also talking about some players who could make a real impact - Allen, Anderson, Brown, Swearinger & possibly Cravens and/or Gallette.

The overall take you appear to be making is that Redskins shortcomings can not be overcome by anything else on their team yet shortcoming on the Giants (Oline, running game & possibly Eli) will have little to no effect on their play. That just doesn't make sense to me. Again - I am not debating the fact that the Redskins could have a poor record - just stating that this is far from a given, they should be an improved team & it is also far from a given that the Giants should just be handed a playoff spot this season.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, triggered much?

So your saying your post was actually about the redskins o-line, and not the how the redskins “stack up offense wise” in the NFCE?

Then it was my bad, sorry about that. I was just shouting MOTHER FUCKER in response to your Redskins “are not equal to where the rest of the NFC East stack up on offense.” Not calling you a MOTHER FUCKER, if that is what you claim you didn’t say…just saying MOTHER FUCKER as in response to the Redskins “are not equal to the rest of the NFCE stack up on offense”.

Maybe, I read it wrong…but, probably not.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont know mitz but that reads as you are calling him a MF'r so i dont know why you give me the BS emocicon for saying he shouldnt be called a MF'r . he shouldnt be . then you want to run a guy off for not being educated about our o/line

make your case against him (which you should win easily about the o/line ) but damn you dont think you went a little overboard on a new poster ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what happened last season?

So we lost Pierre Garçon, DeSean Jackson, and a DE.

We signed Pryor, got our first round WR back from injury, got a PB ILB, and a top five pick for the DL.

You see that as a net loss?

On paper, I would say we easily improved the most in the EAST. That is an opinion.

As for our OL, I would say it is better than the rest of the East except for maybe Dallas.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happened last season?

So we lost Pierre Garçon, DeSean Jackson, and a DE.

We signed Pryor, got our first round WR back from injury, got a PB ILB, and a top five pick for the DL.

You see that as a net loss?

On paper, I would say we easily improved the most in the EAST. That is an opinion.

As for our OL, I would say it is better than the rest of the East except for maybe Dallas.

On paper, the Redskins should be a playoff contender. No doubt. I just don't have the confidence in them getting it all together and actually get the job done on either side of the ball for the entire season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they mentioned KC would have a down year b/c he lost his WR's. Its laughable.

He did lose his WR's. But he got taller ones which I am afraid will be better.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, the Redskins should be a playoff contender. No doubt. I just don't have the confidence in them getting it all together and actually get the job done on either side of the ball for the entire season.

Then it isn't the signings, the losses, or the OL. It is all about the this unquantifiable doubt, which is fine.

Is it the coaching you don't trust?

Is it the fact we lost both coordinators?

There are a ton of reasons to doubt this team, just like every other team with the exception of NE. I hate NE.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it isn't the signings, the losses, or the OL. It is all about the this unquantifiable doubt, which is fine.

Is it the coaching you don't trust?

Is it the fact we lost both coordinators?

There are a ton of reasons to doubt this team, just like every other team with the exception of NE. I hate NE.

I don't like the running game right now for the Skins. Yes you got Perine in the draft but I'm guessing R.Kelley will be the starter? If so, he had a solid game but that's about it. I think the lack of GM will play a factor. Not a huge one, but when the Panthers fired their GM 1-2 weeks ago, they immediately hired a interim. The Redskins don't have one. Is that on purpose or is Snyder holding both GM and Owner roles? I really don't like Tomsula as D-line coach. He did a shit show of a job as head coach in San Fran. Manusky doesn't have a good track record as DC if I'm not mistaken. I also don't think that the Cowboys and Giants regress that much this season to lessen the gap between them and Washington.