• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US patent office cancels Redskins trademark registration

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great post that stymie will never read or anyone else who comes over hear talking noise

:nod: thanks, I thought it was a solid article as well. Posted it on the general board too, in my ongoing efforts to enlighten other teams fans :L. Quite a few coming around actually. Seeing this for the BS it is.

HTTR is really doing a great job putting together quality material.

LMAO, maybe we should sticky it... :pound:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I have been watching that site for awhile now. Like it a lot.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great post that stymie will never read or anyone else who comes over hear talking noise

You're absolutely correct............because I read it in the paper!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're absolutely correct............because I read it in the paper!!

well good , you need the education on the misinformation you are absorbing

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymee... you do realize the Seminole Nation Of Florida filed a similar case in State court and the only reason it went away is because the school is now paying the tribe a tidy sum yearly.

Shark, I do believe that you have stumbled upon the truth when you make references to it being about money. Here's what I mean. Let's say that someone wanted to use an established tribe name, or worse one that referred/ demeaned a tribe for profit, which happens to be the case in this and other instances. Then let's say that because of history, those using the names felt free to do so without the need to compensate nor apologize for using these names. My question is....what dynamic led these people to come to that comfortable, yet profitable conclusion? (Hint: There's only one correct answer)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well good , you need the education on the misinformation you are absorbing

This is NOT about you vs. me.....it is about people who care deeply about an entity, but disagree about a particular aspect of the same.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets go point by point here stymie , the AFL bills , in year one of their operation were not considered anything more then a minor league team certainly not an option

davis did in fact refuse to play for the skins . he made it publicly known that he would not sign with the skins if they picked him hence causing the trade with cleveland

as for marshall , he was a racist . all i said was mitchell said the owner treated him well

your lack of understanding about finance is apparent . you dont watch the redskins "for free" the TV rating that you contribute to when you turn the dial to redskins game determines the amount of money a TV station will offer the skins for the advertisers . so you are in fact putting your entertainment dollar into the redskins pockets

what you dont get is i doubt you have a real big issue with the name at all . actions speak louder then words and your actions are not in line with your words because if they offend you you would take actions .

of course we come from different backgrounds but 1 plus 1 still equals 2 no matter where you come from

if you dont like something , if you see something that offends you , then you dont support it in any way home team or not

and no matter how many times you correct my grammar , spelling or whatever it wont change a thing . but continue to correct it if it makes you feel superior but know this i can use all the proper english grammar , context , i want to but i simply am not worried about it in this format .

i gave 3 options as to what the above players could be thinking . you chose cowardice over all of them

if you have other possible reasons then i am all ears .

i stopped supporting the washington basketball team because of the PC changing of the name . i could care less what you or anyone else thinks about it I KNOW why i did it . but know this i doubt anyone has ever made that link here before me

OK, point by point..............First of all the Bills drafted Davis in year three and offered more money to boot.

Next: Davis never refused to play for Washington period!!!

Let's talk about financial understanding from YOUR point of view. You claim that {Quote} "
if you dont like something , if you see something that offends you , then you dont support it in any way home team or not." {Unquote} Maybe you should consider NOT supporting your country then, or at least those aspects of it that you currently support, but don't like. Just like you, what happens beyond our control is....well beyond our control. However, that was not the intent of your statement, it was one born of arrogance and driven with the intent on making a point without understanding its' consequence. With that in mind............

You wrote............"and no matter how many times you correct my grammar , spelling or whatever it wont change a thing . but continue to correct it if it makes you feel superior but know this i can use all the proper english grammar , context , i want to but i simply am not worried about it in this format."......To me this topic and the responses to it are important enough that I get a full understanding of the point being made. It is NOT about feeling superior, but about respecting a point of view.....a CLEAR point of view.

You gave three options about what those players "could be thinking" as if they were the ONLY options. I gave another and you relabeled it.

I absolutely support your right to withdraw tentative support for the Wizards, but you go further than that. You then attempt to impose your reasoning upon others, as logical or illogical as they seem to you or me respectively.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I thought that you were the moderator here.

and telling you that you are absorbing misinformation has what to do with being a moderator again ?

my "moderating duties " make me responsible for enforcing site rules . so far you havent violated any that i can see nor me telling you , you are absorbing misinformation is a violation of that

being a moderaotor doesnt prevent me from expressing my point of view and fighting for that point of view as hard as i feel its needed. the head of the hole sportshoopla website agrees with me on this issue and he expresses it

i havent silenced your point of view . everything you have written no matter how much i disagree with it is still on these boards as you have written it and the only 2 deletions came from 2 guys who admitted to "taunting us " . that is trolling and a violation of the rules

this thread has political information in it by its nature but as far as i can remember i havent called out any political parties .

there is a group of people in this country that want the govt to tell you what to think , what to do and dont want you to have the freedom the founding fathers said was ours . they are willing to let you trade freedom for "security " this goes across party lines and i know this .

what i have called out is people want to force their "PC " views on our team name and i have brought evidence to the forefront about the revisionist history being used to push a point of view that is dubious at best .

and again i question rooting for "the home team " no matter what is a good policy for anyone to follow as the example of robert e lee shows . you know the confederate general who never held political office before or after the civil war but somehow you equate reagan too

now you can try to change the redskins name through protests if you want , and you should if it bothers you that much but taking more action should be in order as well if you feel that strongly . right now your actions say loud and clear that you will accept the "injustice " in order to support the home team

and if the redskins win this round of battles then what ? do you go meekly off to your corner and buy that redskins paraphernalia and spend your entertainment dollar on something you say you abhor ?

what i am saying to you and what you have missed is supporting your home team and disliking the name is giving your opponents the ability to keep the status quo

it isnt a given that the skins wont win in court no matter how high it goes up and from what i have read up on losing the trade mark isnt a huge deal . all it means is when you go to court you lose the presumption of protection . it certainly doesnt mean the redskins or the nfl cant protect themselves

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, point by point..............First of all the Bills drafted Davis in year three and offered more money to boot.

Next: Davis never refused to play for Washington period!!!

Let's talk about financial understanding from YOUR point of view. You claim that {Quote} "
if you dont like something , if you see something that offends you , then you dont support it in any way home team or not." {Unquote} Maybe you should consider NOT supporting your country then, or at least those aspects of it that you currently support, but don't like. Just like you, what happens beyond our control is....well beyond our control. However, that was not the intent of your statement, it was one born of arrogance and driven with the intent on making a point without understanding its' consequence. With that in mind............

You wrote............"and no matter how many times you correct my grammar , spelling or whatever it wont change a thing . but continue to correct it if it makes you feel superior but know this i can use all the proper english grammar , context , i want to but i simply am not worried about it in this format."......To me this topic and the responses to it are important enough that I get a full understanding of the point being made. It is NOT about feeling superior, but about respecting a point of view.....a CLEAR point of view.

You gave three options about what those players "could be thinking" as if they were the ONLY options. I gave another and you relabeled it.

I absolutely support your right to withdraw tentative support for the Wizards, but you go further than that. You then attempt to impose your reasoning upon others, as logical or illogical as they seem to you or me respectively.

the official nfl site doesnt record it

2nd the website i gave absolutely states that he did as did other sources

3rd correcting spelling or gramar has nothing to do with my point of view since you clearly understood what i said
4th , i called BS as it was BS

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nfl.com web page , the one i used , the official league record states otherwise

OK, I used your source and this is what I found there (NFL.com)..............1961 - Ernie Davis, senior, Syracuse, HB, 1962, Washington-NFL, first, (20); 1962, Buffalo-AFL, first, (34).

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nfl.com web page , the one i used , the official league record states otherwise

Only took me a few minutes to find it, in the search box type Ernie Davis, then click on Heisman drafts.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only took me a few minutes to find it, in the search box type Ernie Davis, then click on Heisman drafts.

fair enough but again the buffalo bills were not a real option back in 1962 as i said before so i can say here in publicy i was wrong about the draft of the bills however he did refuse to play for the redskins and he was traded for bobby mitchell

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the official nfl site doesnt record it

2nd the website i gave absolutely states that he did as did other sources

3rd correcting spelling or gramar has nothing to do with my point of view since you clearly understood what i said
4th , i called BS as it was BS

Every source except WIKI states otherwise!!

#2 What other sources? Ernie Davis absolutely did not refuse to play in DC.

#3 I understood what your intention was that is all. What you actually said is still being debated.

#4 Then it's all over, empty the last shovelful of dirt over it and pat the ground!! HEY everyone Skinsdad called BS so that's it!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every source except WIKI states otherwise!!

#2 What other sources? Ernie Davis absolutely did not refuse to play in DC.

#3 I understood what your intention was that is all. What you actually said is still being debated.

#4 Then it's all over, empty the last shovelful of dirt over it and pat the ground!! HEY everyone Skinsdad called BS so that's it!!

i have looked and found other sources he did refuse to play for marshall

and it is BS either you dont truly believe the name is racist , you are a coward or you are just trying to look good to your peers if you stay silent while you are drawing a paycheck from the organization whose name you abhor . their outrage had a price

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have looked and found other sources he did refuse to play for marshall

and it is BS either you dont truly believe the name is racist , you are a coward or you are just trying to look good to your peers if you stay silent while you are drawing a paycheck from the organization whose name you abhor . their outrage had a price

Or..............Maybe, they, just like the organization deemed it proper to profit from proper and improper names stolen from or relegated to defenseless others.

And.............Maybe unlike some they can no longer live with what they have done.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie, no one has said you can't have your opinion on this issue, but this determination on your part to be 'right' is getting a bit much. Time to move on I think.