• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uribe looks to be heading south...

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm actually happy for Uribe and can't fault him at all for taking the money. That is a lot more money and an extra year that I wouldn't have wanted to see given to him. When there is that big of a difference I don't even blame him for going to the Dodgers. Of course I hope he tanks and plays awful throughout the entire contract, maybe even a series of not too serious nagging injuries.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad, but that's just business. Uribe will always hold a special place in my heart. Despite his short stint, he left us with many memorable moments, especially this year. He produced more great memories in 2 seasons than many players do over 10 seasons. He'll always be a Giant to me.

Coletti continues to target Giants players during his tenure as Dodgers GM. Kinda hilarious. They overpaid for Uribe. I'm glad we didn't.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, I think that we do get a compensatory draft pick out of this. With our recent trend of drafting and developing good players, maybe we can make something out of this.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these 'sources' are credible, regarding what we offered Uribe, it changes my equation on how I feel about the murdering bastard.

Tejada steps in after Uribe leaves

But it also changes a little my respect for Sabean not overpaying...he was clearly ready to.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else think a Fuck UUU chant would be hilarious?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely funny, but I try (too often in vain) to keep my cursing to a minimum at the ballpark. It's one thing at college sporting events with chants by the students (My favorite being the Oregon/UW game when Neuheisel was still coach - "Rick Sucks Dick! Rick Sucks Dick!"). It is quite another in a professional sports setting. I realize families still go to college sporting events, but they can usually avoid the student section at most games. Not so with pro games.

As far as Uribe, don't you think the Dodgers would be best served to move Casey Blake to 2nd to utilize U's arm and hide his limited range. 2nd base doesn't require as much range as SS certainly (especially when Loney is next to you), but I believe it requires more than 3rd these days as Freddy Sanchez and Pablo Sandoval have proven. Blake is a strong fielder anywhere, so my thought (like it matters, and I hope whatever they do leaves them destitute with a shell of a once proud franchise) is that Furcal still covers a lot of ground (less than years past, but still more than a lot of shortstops). Uribe's arm is stronger than Blake's, in my opinion (not to take anything away from Casey).

I just think if you don't lose much in range, it makes more sense to have your two strongest infield arms on the left side of the diamond. Either way, that'll be a difficult infield to get one past them on the ground... if they stay healthy. No more Theriot. No more DeWitt. No more LaRoche (I know they haven't had him for awhile, but he would be a helluva utility infielder on this team). Well, Carrol is good in the field. They might be okay there, too, depending on who goes down.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely funny, but I try (too often in vain) to keep my cursing to a minimum at the ballpark. It's one thing at college sporting events with chants by the students (My favorite being the Oregon/UW game when Neuheisel was still coach - "Rick Sucks Dick! Rick Sucks Dick!"). It is quite another in a professional sports setting. I realize families still go to college sporting events, but they can usually avoid the student section at most games. Not so with pro games.

As far as Uribe, don't you think the Dodgers would be best served to move Casey Blake to 2nd to utilize U's arm and hide his limited range. 2nd base doesn't require as much range as SS certainly (especially when Loney is next to you), but I believe it requires more than 3rd these days as Freddy Sanchez and Pablo Sandoval have proven. Blake is a strong fielder anywhere, so my thought (like it matters, and I hope whatever they do leaves them destitute with a shell of a once proud franchise) is that Furcal still covers a lot of ground (less than years past, but still more than a lot of shortstops). Uribe's arm is stronger than Blake's, in my opinion (not to take anything away from Casey).

I just think if you don't lose much in range, it makes more sense to have your two strongest infield arms on the left side of the diamond. Either way, that'll be a difficult infield to get one past them on the ground... if they stay healthy. No more Theriot. No more DeWitt. No more LaRoche (I know they haven't had him for awhile, but he would be a helluva utility infielder on this team). Well, Carrol is good in the field. They might be okay there, too, depending on who goes down.

Hearing a Giants fan talk about the Doggies in that much detail is like listening to your buddy discuss how Brad Pitt looked on the red carpet.

Just something kinda weird about it.

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing a Giants fan talk about the Doggies in that much detail is like listening to your buddy discuss how Brad Pitt looked on the red carpet.

Just something kinda weird about it.

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Rep! Seriously, though, did you see him at last year's Oscars? :).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....just to add one final thought, Heath.....NEVER EVER EVER EVER feel sorry for bashing Casey Blake both as a player and a person. Seriously, he's got a pea shooter for an arm, a limp noodle for a bat and the guy kills puppies.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....just to add one final thought, Heath.....NEVER EVER EVER EVER feel sorry for bashing Casey Blake both as a player and a person. Seriously, he's got a pea shooter for an arm, a limp noodle for a bat and the guy kills puppies.

Hahahaha. The eyes can lie. I'm willing to immediately accept the fact that he is a horrible person. At the very least he is stupid. Before mocking a pitcher's celebration, you might wanna find out if it's to honor a dead family member or really just to show people up. To find an example of showing people up: see Chamberlain, Joba (you know, when he was still striking people out). It's amazing what a recent World Series Championship will do to a fan's ego. I just showed utter disregard for a good pitcher on a great team with 27 World Championships to their credit. What have you done for me lately, right?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Brad Pitt?

Anyway, I am curious to see how the casual fans react when they see UUU in a Dodger Uni. Most don't know yet, atleast my buds.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well played, sir. Well played. By the way, two Seinfeld references in two days with the "not that there's anything wrong with that" and msg's "rooting for laundry." What'll it be tomorrow? "Scratch not a pick?" "One Magic Loogy (I Despise Keith Hernandez)?" Something "newer?" Why is manure a word for something gross? It has two inherently good things that make it up. Ma. And newer.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1. Way better than Brad Pitt. Except in Snatch. What a kick-ass character. :D

Snatch was good, but it was no Fight Club, or even 12 Monkeys. Dude can seriously act, Legends of the Fall notwithstanding.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well played, sir. Well played. By the way, two Seinfeld references in two days with the "not that there's anything wrong with that" and msg's "rooting for laundry." What'll it be tomorrow? "Scratch not a pick?" "One Magic Loogy (I Despise Keith Hernandez)?" Something "newer?" Why is manure a word for something gross? It has two inherently good things that make it up. Ma. And newer.

Why do I get the sense that "sponge worthy" is going to rear its head, so to speak?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, we went from sending either warm wishes or expletives to Juan UUUUUribe to talking about Brad Pitt? What the hell happened? :L

(sarcasm)

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, we went from sending either warm wishes or expletives to Juan UUUUUribe to talking about Brad Pitt? What the hell happened? :L

(sarcasm)

Seriously. When do pitchers and catchers report again? :).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snatch was good, but it was no Fight Club, or even 12 Monkeys. Dude can seriously act, Legends of the Fall notwithstanding.

Agreed. My girl friend still needs to see 12 Monkeys. Thanks for the reminder. Off to the Netflix cue.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnx2hroJU7w[/YOUTUBE]