• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

URGENT: Pic policy, action required!

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't gitm freak out when threads had the same titles? It might break the hoop.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another case of the actions of a few yahoos being able to ruin the fun for the masses. And, over something so trivial.

Been there before, done that, had to move boards, and don't want to have to move again.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another case of the actions of a few yahoos being able to ruin the fun for the masses. And, over something so trivial.

Been there before, done that, had to move boards, and don't want to have to move again.

But not the few yahoos you might be thinking of, BigD. The CBSers on the daily thread are staying within the guidelines of the avatar rules.

The admins here have the capability of controlling this. They can very simply mandate that they have final approval over all new or updated avatars. CBS did that and it solved all their problems with avatars. Some people didn't like it, but most of us didn't care. And it needed to happen.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not the few yahoos you might be thinking of, BigD. The CBSers on the daily thread are staying within the guidelines of the avatar rules.

The admins here have the capability of controlling this. They can very simply mandate that they have final approval over all new or updated avatars. CBS did that and it solved all their problems with avatars. Some people didn't like it, but most of us didn't care. And it needed to happen.

I will consider myself educated on the matter Blade, and thank you for doing so.

Just another good example on why it us usually not good to assume something before you gather some or all of the facts.

:confused:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a kick in the balls for the mods and the posters. We are all adults, we can follow rules. No need to patronize the posters. :suds:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and its google not SportsHoopla........if google pulls the ad sense then hammerdown doesnt get any $$$$ .....then site could go poof

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a kick in the balls for the mods and the posters. We are all adults, we can follow rules. No need to patronize the posters. :suds:

If everyone could follow the rules, there would be not reason for this thread, would there?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone could follow the rules, there would be not reason for this thread, would there?

Do I need to add the "if I can do it, and I am nothing special, then anyone can" addage, or should that just remain implied?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the rules just changed........we were allowed to post girls and have sexy avys

but know google has came and said remove them :suds:

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to add the "if I can do it, and I am nothing special, then anyone can" addage, or should that just remain implied?

Hey, self-policing is great in an ideal world. The membership here is still relatively small, so the gatekeepers can keep an eye on individual accounts. But, if the site membership continues to grow, at some point self-policing will be a luxury they can no longer afford.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rules just changed........we were allowed to post girls and have sexy avys

but know google has came and said remove them :suds:

Probably because this site has a lot more visibility than it had 3 weeks ago. Google probably didn't give a shit 3 weeks ago. Growing pains.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because this site has a lot more visibility than it had 3 weeks ago. Google probably didn't give a shit 3 weeks ago. Growing pains.

Nah google has complained before, which is why we no longer have a hot chicks forum.