• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you were arrested but not convicted, you'd still lose your job? Mob mentality. We don't need the courts, we can hang him ourselves.(sarcasm)

Basically, I would be "suspended pending investigation" which means, they would likely wait to see the outcome. If I were convicted or plead out, I'd be fired.

She's an instructor in the nurse's college. Doesn't she affect her students as much as her husband does? Did she report this to the police? HR? No, she kept quiet and became a private support person.

A.) She's still not his boss. Her working for the university doesn't change that.

B.) As a private support person, it's not on her to report it to the police or HR or anyone else. In fact, the likely response from the police, unless she happened to be there when he was actively beating his wife would be..."She will need to call us".

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, I would be "suspended pending investigation" which means, they would likely wait to see the outcome. If I were convicted or plead out, I'd be fired.

A.) She's still not his boss. Her working for the university doesn't change that.

B.) As a private support person, it's not on her to report it to the police or HR or anyone else. In fact, the likely response from the police, unless she happened to be there when he was actively beating his wife would be..."She will need to call us".
So if Urban called the police, they wouldn’t need the victim to call the police?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The morality police are more powerful than Gawd!!!
Unfortunately not wrong. Unless we find out this coach is innocent (if we even get that far) there's going to be louder cries for Urban's head. And even if the WR coach is found innocent there will be questions of why Ohio State lied and apparently intimidated his wife.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't Saban get fired for beating everybody?
Because he already beat the police and they are scared.

200.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio State fired Tressel for lying about some tattoos I'm not sure how Urban escapes this.
Well, one breaks NCAA rules and the other might not (though there have been some title XI questions popping up since this broke).

If not pressured by the NCAA, I'm not sure OSU does the right thing here (because they weren't going to do the right thing when it came to Tressel either until the NCAA got involved).

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I see this shaking out ... ?

We'll see what tTwatter 'tells' everyone to do. :whistle:

That's how we roll in this society nowadays ... :lm: rules

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one breaks NCAA rules and the other might not (though there have been some title XI questions popping up since this broke).

If not pressured by the NCAA, I'm not sure OSU does the right thing here (because they weren't going to do the right thing when it came to Tressel either until the NCAA got involved).
2f3lln.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to due process?
He didn't commit a crime. So what process are you speaking about? He knew about the domestic abuse in 2015, hid it from the public so he could keep him on staff, when it came out claimed he knew nothing about it (up until last week) and got caught lying. This is entirely up to public opinion at this point. Do you think that's worthy of some sort of discipline? I think most would say yes. Would that get most people fired at almost any job -- most likely. Is Urban somehow above the standard set elsewhere just because he's really good at his job?