• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer: 'Penn State deserved to be in playoff'

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell you what - I will bet my board presence vs yours that another team that is not a conference champion makes the CFP again before the first 2 loss team. Deal?
Semantics are fun but they are not facts.We can skew information or shift the goal posts all night.As you are doing now its quite easy really.I don't need your presents.I don't like anything gift wrapped.I want to see the play offs decided on the field. You've already proven my point.The selection process needs a revamp and consistent guidelines.

Last edited:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics are fun but they are not facts.We can skew information or shift the goal posts all night.As you are doing now its quite easy really.I don't need your presents.I don't like anything gift wrapped.I want to see the play offs decided on the field. You've already proven my point.The selection process needs a revamp and consistent guidelines.
Didn't think so. Thanks for playing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell you what - I will bet my board presence vs yours that another team that is not a conference champion makes the CFP again before the first 2 loss team. Deal?

He doesn't keep his bets like that, been proven in the past.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't keep his bets like that, been proven in the past.
That would be incorrect i've worn several avy's over the years.Including a tom brady avy for a month. But I don't blame you for drifting off topic as usual.There are no legitimate reason against play off expansion or a concrete selection process. We're 10 pages in and you still can not provide anything factual to support your stance on the topic.........Just formats based on opinions held off the field

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be incorrect i've worn several avy's over the years.Including a tom brady avy for a month. But I don't blame you for drifting off topic as usual.There are no legitimate reason against play off expansion or a concrete selection process. We're 10 pages in and you still can not provide anything factual to support your stance on the topic.........Just formats based on opinions held off the field

^shitposting

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^shitposting
:fify: Ive never welched on a bet.I've worn a avy you gave me. You're stretching pretty bad now. But I'm not taking bait. Because you know as I've shown the system is flawed. I've already listed several examples. And have yet to see a valid response regarding. Relying on human polls as a gauge regarding the best team. As opposed to teams deciding who is the best team on the field... Inconsistancies shown through the committee. Using a conference championship as the deciding factor in 2014. And disregarding that precedent last year. A legitimate reason against an expanded play off. Improving the selection process...... Which really just shows there really is no reason not to progress

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify: Ive never welched on a bet.I've worn a avy you gave me. You're stretching pretty bad now. But I'm not taking bait. Because you know as I've shown the system is flawed. I've already listed several examples. And have yet to see a valid response regarding. Relying on human polls as a gauge regarding the best team. As opposed to teams deciding who is the best team on the field... Inconsistancies shown through the committee. Using a conference championship as the deciding factor in 2014. And disregarding that precedent last year. A legitimate reason against an expanded play off. Improving the selection process...... Which really just shows there really is no reason not to progress

You live in a fantasy.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live in a fantasy.
From the looks of it. I live in your head rent free.You cant even focus on the topic :dhd:.Like I said get back to me when you have a legitimate case against expanded play offs and an concrete selection process that is earned on the field.Until you can do that.I'll take it as confirmation you have no valid reason against improving the sport :thumb:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I live in your head rent free :dhd:.Like I said get back to me when you have a legitimate case against expanded play offs and an concrete selection process that is earned on the field.Until you can do that.I'll take it as confirmation you have no valid reason against improving the sport :thumb:
yea-k.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are saying that a 2 loss conference champion Ohio st (Oklahoma and Nebraska) wouldn't make it in the playoffs over a one loss didn't even make the conference championship any team? Really?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying that a 2 loss conference champion Ohio st (Oklahoma and Nebraska) wouldn't make it in the playoffs over a one loss didn't even make the conference championship any team? Really?

I don't think they would.

In the case of Ohio St and Penn St, you have the OOC schedule difference. Ohio St beat Oklahoma, while Penn St lost to Pitt. So if it was say this year, then Ohio St loses to Oklahoma, and then loses in conference and that team does not look as good.

Or, if you have 2 losses in conference, then that signals a weak division, like SEC East when Mizzou went. Only in that situation, it's like Mizzou wins.

In both cases, depending on what's happening elsewhere in the country, the Big10 probably gets left out. It will depend on more things than just names as you are trying to suggest.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would.

In the case of Ohio St and Penn St, you have the OOC schedule difference. Ohio St beat Oklahoma, while Penn St lost to Pitt. So if it was say this year, then Ohio St loses to Oklahoma, and then loses in conference and that team does not look as good.

Or, if you have 2 losses in conference, then that signals a weak division, like SEC East when Mizzou went. Only in that situation, it's like Mizzou wins.

In both cases, depending on what's happening elsewhere in the country, the Big10 probably gets left out. It will depend on more things than just names as you are trying to suggest.

Pitt not only had a win over penn state they also beat a Clemson team that throttled OSU. Penn states loss to Michigan was bad. I get the outta of conference strength OSU possessed but still they still lost head to head. I would say the getting absolutely creamed in the Big House is what did PSU in. But in my opinion Michigan was the best team in the B10 last year, not Ohio State.

This year if Ohio state would lose to an Oklahoma team that went on to go undefeated or 1 loss and B12 champs and then lose to a Nebraska Team I still say they get in over an 1 loss team that didn't make their conference championship.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt not only had a win over penn state they also beat a Clemson team that throttled OSU. Penn states loss to Michigan was bad. I get the outta of conference strength OSU possessed but still they still lost head to head. I would say the getting absolutely creamed in the Big House is what did PSU in. But in my opinion Michigan was the best team in the B10 last year, not Ohio State.

This year if Ohio state would lose to an Oklahoma team that went on to go undefeated or 1 loss and B12 champs and then lose to a Nebraska Team I still say they get in over an 1 loss team that didn't make their conference championship.

Pitt was an 8-4 team at the end of the season. Sure they beat Clemson and Penn St, but an 8-4 team is an 8-4 team. If anything, it just spoke towards the strength of the ACC as a whole last year.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt was an 8-4 team at the end of the season. Sure they beat Clemson and Penn St, but an 8-4 team is an 8-4 team. If anything, it just spoke towards the strength of the ACC as a whole last year.

They were literally 10 points away from being an 11-1 team. I know they aren't Oklahoma, but they were still solid. If anything I'd say it was a good loss for PSU. Again I understand the sos ooc argument. Ohio State had them beat there but I truely think it had more to do with PSU getting waxed by 39 in Ann Arbor then losing to a tough Pitt team.

An I hate that I had to defend Pitt here.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were literally 10 points away from being an 11-1 team. I know they aren't Oklahoma, but they were still solid. If anything I'd say it was a good loss for PSU. Again I understand the sos ooc argument. Ohio State had them beat there but I truely think it had more to do with PSU getting waxed by 39 in Ann Arbor then losing to a tough Pitt team.

An I hate that I had to defend Pitt here.

Well the Michigan loss matters too.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to say the committees get it right when you are a fan of a blue blood who always gets the benefit of the doubt with committees. I felt Penn St got fucked over. I get the argument for Ohio St. It's even a compelling argument, but when you don't even play for your conference, I don't see how you deserve a shot at a national title. Someone else eliminated you already, on the field of play, when it mattered. :noidea:

Apparently the Playoff Committee didn't agree with the BIG last year. And Ohio State was the better team on the field.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Playoff Committee didn't agree with the BIG last year. And Ohio State was the better team on the field.
Penn St. beat Ohio St. in the head to head, won the B1G East, won the B1G championship not to mention they actually put points on the board in their bowl game.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St. beat Ohio St. in the head to head, won the B1G East, won the B1G championship not to mention they actually put points on the board in their bowl game.

Penn State didn't play Clemson in their bowl game. But the bowl games are irrelevant to the Playoff Committee's decision.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3