• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated SOS Rankings

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Northwestern
2. South Carolina
3. Stanford
4. West Virginia
5. USC
6. UCLA
7. Auburn
8. Texas Tech
9. Michigan State
10. BYU

Other notables:

19. Texas
29. Florida
32. Ohio State
36. Oregon
38. Notre Dame
41. LSU
43. Clemson
46. Utah
47. Penn State
48. Oklahoma
50. Michigan
52. Alabama
64. UGA
67. Wisconsin

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Northwestern
2. South Carolina
3. Stanford
4. West Virginia
5. USC
6. UCLA
7. Auburn
8. Texas Tech
9. Michigan State
10. BYU

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY
Not a Sagarin fan, but what the heck. What stands out to me is that Auburn (6-1) in the 7 hole. The others are par for the course. Basically, teams that lose have a higher SOS. For example, #4 West Virginia and #8 Texas Tech represent Iowa State's (5-2) last two victories, both on the road FWIW. I'd rather ISU have the win and the other team have the SOS. Let the other guy die for his country!

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I think he needs to redo his formula …

Florida has played 2 FCS teams Kentucky, and Tenn. un-ranked SCAR, and LSU … no way is Florida's sos around 29 … it is really some where around 91.

lol he has Alabama sos at 52, they have played New Mexico St., SCAR, Southern Miss. Golden Eagles, Ole Miss, a$m, and Tenn. … the reality is their SOS is really some where around 99.

Both Florida and Alabama (to date) have way below average schedules …

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida has played 2 FCS teams Kentucky, and Tenn. un-ranked SCAR, and LSU … no way is Florida's sos around 29 … it is really some where around 91.

lol he has Alabama sos at 52, they have played New Mexico St., SCAR, Southern Miss. Golden Eagles, Ole Miss, a$m, and Tenn. … the reality is their SOS is really some where around 99.

Florida has played 2 top 10 teams. That in essence cancels out the FCS games. Additionally, Southern Miss isn't amazing, but they didn't drop the SOS very much.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your kind of troll is the worst kind of troll...a dumbass troll. Alabama and Florida would have to be in a shitty G5 conference to have an SOS in the 90's. Take away the Alabama loss and the teams we have played are 20-23 including NM State being 0-7, meaning the other 6 are 20-16 vs teams not named Alabama. I would love to see the retard math that you think would make that the 99th SOS out of 132 fbs teams.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy fucking shit are you a retarded imbecile. :L

You're even dumber than the list itself...and that's fucked-up stupid. As if playing Auburn and LSU is weak no matter what the measure.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It appears I was being nice calling you a dumbass. It's pretty clear you are dumber than a dumbass.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee thanks NW. We bump you up to #1 and you drop us to 32. Assholes

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of you have your sec glasses on a little to tight...
lol -- maybe you sec fan(s) do need to take that logic class over at a$m -- lol

...I would have to check (working from memory) -- but to date, Alabama has not played one team who presently is in the top 25

... Alabama has beat 2 teams with present day winning records (Duke 4-3 in the Coastal Conference and Southern Miss. Golden Eagles 4-3 over in Conference USA...
...All of the other teams Bama has played, presently have losing records... which indicates they haven't played any real top tier teams yet.

Doesn't look like a top 25 sos schedule to me. It doesn't even look like a middle of the road sos … Presently their sos is around 80th-90th in the Nation... to state other-wise is just ignoring the facts and reality.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your kind of troll is the worst kind of troll...a dumbass troll. Alabama and Florida would have to be in a shitty G5 conference to have an SOS in the 90's. Take away the Alabama loss and the teams we have played are 20-23 including NM State being 0-7, meaning the other 6 are 20-16 vs teams not named Alabama. I would love to see the retard math that you think would make that the 99th SOS out of 132 fbs teams.

14-30 versus FBS only....14-23 excluding games against Alabama. The latter ranks 112th among FBS teams.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FWIW, ESPN has Alabamas SOS listed as 33rd, with the second best Strength of Record and they have Florida’s SOS as 13th and their SOR is 3rd.

So, at least Sagarin is a little more accurate.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, ESPN has Alabamas SOS listed as 33rd, with the second best Strength of Record and they have Florida’s SOS as 13th and their SOR is 3rd.

So, at least Sagarin is a little more accurate.

Does that include all games because 33rd to date is insane?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Sagarin fan, but what the heck. What stands out to me is that Auburn (6-1) in the 7 hole. The others are par for the course. Basically, teams that lose have a higher SOS. For example, #4 West Virginia and #8 Texas Tech represent Iowa State's (5-2) last two victories, both on the road FWIW. I'd rather ISU have the win and the other team have the SOS. Let the other guy die for his country!
When taking a team’s schedule into account, so for arguments sake Northwestern. When evaluating the teams they played their game should be taken out of the equation to accurately judge an SOS. So they played UCF who is 5-2, well since Northwestern is one of those wins UCF should be viewed as 4-2. Losing games and giving other teams wins doesn’t make your schedule harder, it just means your team isn’t that good.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When taking a team’s schedule into account, so for arguments sake Northwestern. When evaluating the teams they played their game should be taken out of the equation to accurately judge an SOS. So they played UCF who is 5-2, well since Northwestern is one of those wins UCF should be viewed as 4-2. Losing games and giving other teams wins doesn’t make your schedule harder, it just means your team isn’t that good.
I agree, but either way, the teams with the toughest schedules are usually the teams that lose a lot. I know all about that as an Iowa State fan! lol. Now, that ISU is doing better, our SOS has declined. :) So, if you see a really good team with a really tough SOS, that is interesting. For example, Auburn. Beware of Auburn! :D

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but either way, the teams with the toughest schedules are usually the teams that lose a lot. I know all about that as an Iowa State fan! lol. Now, that ISU is doing better, our SOS has declined. :) So, if you see a really good team with a really tough SOS, that is interesting. For example, Auburn. Beware of Auburn! :D
Auburn played Oregon, Florida, Texas A&M, and Tulane. No FCS teams yet. Schedule hasn’t been amazing by any stretch, but the rent a win they played has turned out to be a pretty solid AAC team.

Tritonboat71

50-55-56-74-75-85-00
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn played Oregon, Florida, Texas A&M, and Tulane. No FCS teams yet. Schedule hasn’t been amazing by any stretch, but the rent a win they played has turned out to be a pretty solid AAC team.

They’ve also played Kent State and Mississippi State. Neither of which are gonna help anyone’s SOS.

Their rent-a-win comes right before the Iron Bowl.

Samford

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Most! They stick out like a sore thumb in that Top 10 listing of mediocre to bad teams. That's all I'm saying.

Tritonboat71

50-55-56-74-75-85-00
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Most! They stick out like a sore thumb in that Top 10 listing of mediocre to bad teams. That's all I'm saying.

Auburn will have played 5 Top 10 teams this year, which is a gauntlet for anyone.

Oregon, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama.

I wonder how much the weaker part of their schedule will hinder them......if at all?

Arkansas, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Kent State, Samford

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn will have played 5 Top 10 teams this year, which is a gauntlet for anyone.

Oregon, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama.

I wonder how much the weaker part of their schedule will hinder them......if at all?

Arkansas, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Kent State, Samford
So far, so good! They are in the Top 10 (#7) in SOS per this original posting in the thread and still have LSU, Georgia and Alabama to play. I think they might stay in the SOS Top 10!