• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated Husker Bowl Chances As A 5 Win Team

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Benning is a smart guy and all, but he's nuts if he thinks there were guys not up for that Iowa game.

We completely destroyed them in every statistical category. They converted 0 third downs.

Tommy was just a little too amped and wanted big plays, and it lost us the game.

Did Tommy bet Iowa?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that's why i think Iowa is getting destroyed this weekend. MSU will play way more fundamentally sound than we did this past week. i'm expecting a shellacking, not much unlike the the B1G championship game last year.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Benning is a smart guy and all, but he's nuts if he thinks there were guys not up for that Iowa game.

We completely destroyed them in every statistical category. They converted 0 third downs.

Tommy was just a little too amped and wanted big plays, and it lost us the game.

No, Tommy was just being his normal and erratic pick throwing self.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and that's why i think Iowa is getting destroyed this weekend. MSU will play way more fundamentally sound than we did this past week. i'm expecting a shellacking, not much unlike the the B1G championship game last year.

I agree. If Iowa is competitive, I'll be very surprised.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Say what you really want to say. Don't hold back.

45 passes against Iowa? That was just another ludicrous display of coaching by west coast Riley. I don't care how good POB turns out to be, by abandoning the running game, there will be plenty of losses, I can guarantee you that.

I'm just having a hard time believing a coach can be as reckless as Riley is.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45 passes against Iowa? That was just another ludicrous display of coaching by west coast Riley. I don't care how good POB turns out to be, by abandoning the running game, there will be plenty of losses, I can guarantee you that.

I'm just having a hard time believing a coach can be as reckless as Riley is.
Up until the end of the 3rd quarter, we had run the ball more than we'd passed it. We were not effective running the ball, and needed to throw the ball to get back in it. But go ahead and continue making moronic statements about how this staff doesn't want to run the ball.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exorbitaint didn't even watch the game. Just looked at the stats afterwards and started yelping about Tommy.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until the end of the 3rd quarter, we had run the ball more than we'd passed it. We were not effective running the ball, and needed to throw the ball to get back in it. But go ahead and continue making moronic statements about how this staff doesn't want to run the ball.

I don't feel like crunching the numbers, but what was the run/pass ratio at "the end of the 3rd Q"?

The passing component of the game was a major ingredient to the loss. Fundamentals, discipline, and special teams combined as the other.

The score was 14-10 Iowa at the end of the 1st half. It was still a '3 yds and a cloud of dust' game.

Nebraska averaged 3.6 yards per carry. Not great, but....

3.6 + 3.6 +3.6 = 10.8 yds = 1st down, move the chains, secure the football, do it again. If not, punt it away and rely on the defense who's stats have shown all season to match up well with Iowa. Get the stop and come back with 3.6 + 3.6 + 3.6.

The problem with the passing is it's done at inopportune times. It's 3rd and one, let's try for 13. There's a reason why T.O. got away from it. When the ball is in the air (as opposed to in someones hands) it leads to an increased chance that the wrong person is going to catch it.

I'm not buying this style of offense in the Big 10. There are good days and bad days with it. Never any week-to-week consistency. It's beat yourself football with a lot of "WTF's?"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With zero fumbles.

How did things work when we passed?

Worked alright when Tommy didn't lose his mind and go for homeruns.

The real problem Nebraska has is the staff obviously can't get it into Tommy's head that he needs to do what they ask in order to have our best chance to be successful.

Now, that 4th and 1 wasn't all on Tommy because we shouldn't have been in the shotgun on 4th and 1 anyways. But he did decide to say "screw coach, I'm going for the endzone." This is probably our biggest issue right now and is the difference between quite a few wins and losses.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really didn't run the ball that well. But we sure did run the shit out of it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked alright when Tommy didn't lose his mind and go for homeruns.

The real problem Nebraska has is the staff obviously can't get it into Tommy's head that he needs to do what they ask in order to have our best chance to be successful.

Now, that 4th and 1 wasn't all on Tommy because we shouldn't have been in the shotgun on 4th and 1 anyways. But he did decide to say "screw coach, I'm going for the endzone." This is probably our biggest issue right now and is the difference between quite a few wins and losses.

Well let me ask you this.

After 11 games do you think the coaching staff was successful in evaluating what Tommy could and couldn't do? His idiosyncrasies? What they would ask Tommy to do to give the team the best chance to win?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really didn't run the ball that well. But we sure did run the shit out of it.

Once again.

3.6 + 3.6 + 3.6 = 10.8

First down, move the chains, do it again.

They were tough yards for sure. But they still equated to moving the chains and sustaining drives.

If they averaged 2.5 I could see your point. Seems to me it's the staff that "looses it's mind". But that's just me.

I'd love to play Riley or Langsdorf in chess. I'd be undefeated.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can just think back at almost every single loss and think of a game-changing play Tommy made against the coaches requests that killed us.

I can see Riley on the sideline with his head in his hands every time Tommy gets in trouble and makes a dumb decision. He definitely isn't telling him it's okay to do that.