• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated Heisman Watch

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers are about the same as Luke Falk two years ago. Would be about the same as Luke Falk last year but he missed a little time. Gonna be hard for any mike leach quarterback to ever get serious consideration.

I think a good game against Washington will almost guarantee a spot in NYC.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner Minshew? Dark horse, but his #s are solid.
Uncle Rico has my vote.His numbers blow the others away. But he's carrying Wazzu without the weapons the others have.

Problem is he doesn't get the media exposure the others do. Of playing for a name brand while the Cougs play a lot of late night games especially on east coast. A lot of 10:30 starts here

Last edited:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be if the qualitative numbers were better. He's got just so many more attempts than anyone else. If he was sitting at like 5400 yards and 45 TD passes it'd be different, but it's taken him that many attempts just to be tied for the national lead in TD passes, and he's only averaging 7.5 YPA, which isn't even top 50.

Some of those are designed to gain short yardage because they simply don't attempt to run the ball at all. They are last in college football in rushing attempts.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good game against Washington will almost guarantee a spot in NYC.

That would at least be one tangible thing to set him apart from Falk, who couldn’t do shit against the UW defense. I think he’s better than Falk, he seems to give them an extra spark and is more athletic, but it really is pretty mind blowing to line up Falk’s past couple years with the year he’s having and seeing how similar the numbers are.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falk

068BF40F-7F8A-427C-B69D-BD39163406CE.jpeg

Minshew

CEEECE82-F392-4DE5-A09A-11FC306146BB.jpeg

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘17- Baker Mayfield- playoffs
‘16- Lamar Jackson- exception
‘15- Derick Henry- playoffs
‘14- Marcus Marriota- playoffs
‘13- Jameis Winston- title game
‘12- Johnny Manziel- exception
‘11- Robert Griffin- exception
‘10- Cam Newton- title game
‘09- Mark Ingram- title game
‘08- Sam Bradford- title game
‘07- Tim Tebow- exception
‘06- Troy Smith- title game
‘05- Reggie Bush- title game
‘04- Matt Leinart- title game
‘03- Jason White- title game
‘02- Carson Palmer- exception (BCS)
‘01- Eric Couch- title game
‘00- Chris Weinke- title game

So of the past 18 years only 5 players not on a national title contending team. If you want to claim cherry picking, fine, ‘99 and ‘98 are exceptions but all in all recent history defends my statement.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler is great but Tua will win it easily.

31TD 2INT. None of that in the 4th Q....while playing on 1 leg.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler is great but Tua will win it easily.

31TD 2INT. None of that in the 4th Q....while playing on 1 leg.
I actually like Minshew 36 TD 7 Int 4325 passing yards. With a lot less to work with.

tuua kinda reminds me of Leinart he's got a ton of weapons and a great Oline. Along with a solid defense. To me team plays a major factor in Tua. I wouldnt be surprised if Minshew,Murray etc. Put up the same numbers if not better if you flip them with Tua.

Bama is still in the same position without Tua. I cant say the same for Wazzu,Oklahoma,WV or OSU. If you remove Minshew,Murray,Grier or Haskins.

Mince doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves of the batch imo.If anything he should definitely be in the discussion much more than he is

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Minshew 36 TD 7 Int 4325 passing yards. With a lot less to work with.

tuua kinda reminds me of Leinart he's got a ton of weapons and a great Oline. Along with a solid defense. To me team plays a major factor in Tua. I wouldnt be surprised if Minshew,Murray etc. Put up the same numbers if not better if you flip them with Tua.

Bama is still in the same position without Tua. I cant say the same for Wazzu,Oklahoma,WV or OSU. If you remove Minshew,Murray,Grier or Haskins.

Mince doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves of the batch imo.If anything he should definitely be in the discussion much more than he is

The previous two WSU quarterbacks (the one’s that played for leach) had seasons with almost the exact numbers Minshew’s putting up, while the only thing that made it seem like someone might be able to beat Bama in recent years was their lack of a great quarterback. But yeah, Tua’s the system guy who can be easily replaced, but it takes a real special someone to plug into leach’s system...:rolleyes2:

Last edited:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previous two WSU quarterbacks (the one’s that played for leach) had seasons with almost the exact numbers Minshew’s putting up, while the only thing that made it seem like someone might be able to beat Bama in recent years was their lack of a great quarterback. But yeah, Tua’s the system guy who can be easily replaced, but it takes a read special someone to plug into leach’s system...:rolleyes2:
You can tell by how Hurts has put up the same kind of numbers as Tua. Sometimes it's hard to tell which one is in the game.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previous two WSU quarterbacks (the one’s that played for leach) had seasons with almost the exact numbers Minshew’s putting up, while the only thing that made it seem like someone might be able to beat Bama in recent years was their lack of a great quarterback. But yeah, Tua’s the system guy who can be easily replaced, but it takes a read special someone to plug into leach’s system...:rolleyes2:
If we want to compare the past Hurts numbers aren't far off of Tuas...Bama just depended on the run game more more rushing Tds....Bamas Rushing yards and Rushing TD's are significantly down. Both Bama and Wazzu are depending much more heavily on the pass. The difference is Tua has the stronger cast to work with.

Put Minshew,Murray,Haskins,Grier on Bama. Wazzu,Oklahoma,OSU,WV all take a major hit. And they put up the same numbers if not higher numbers.....Lets not pretend Tua doesn't have much more to work with.....Or Minshew,Murray,Haskins or Grier do not mean more to their teams.....

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Will Grier and will miss him dearly when he graduates. But you are crazy if you think he will finish top 3 in the heisman race. He’s a Magician that magically makes himself disappear in the 3rd quarter and some of the 4th quarter against good teams. His stats are pretty good but not great compared to the others. Ohh, and his team has two loses.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would at least be one tangible thing to set him apart from Falk, who couldn’t do shit against the UW defense. I think he’s better than Falk, he seems to give them an extra spark and is more athletic, but it really is pretty mind blowing to line up Falk’s past couple years with the year he’s having and seeing how similar the numbers are.

I love Falk but he was Russell Wilson ish when it came to his goal is first and foremost not to turn the ball over. Minshew has a fuck it I don’t care swagger. Throws a pick against Oregon, screw it ran the same play for 3 more touchdowns in the half. Not saying we will win at all but Falk is the gun shy QB that UW feasts on, Minshew isn’t gun shy at all.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Falk but he was Russell Wilson ish when it came to his goal is first and foremost not to turn the ball over. Minshew has a fuck it I don’t care swagger. Throws a pick against Oregon, screw it ran the same play for 3 more touchdowns in the half. Not saying we will win at all but Falk is the gun shy QB that UW feasts on, Minshew isn’t gun shy at all.
I cant see comparing Minshew to Falk....

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree he’s got that extra something Falk lacked. But talking numbers, they’re pretty much identical.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree he’s got that extra something Falk lacked. But talking numbers, they’re pretty much identical.

I won’t dispute that. Minshews numbers will be pretty similar except (it seems) he is checking into run plays a lot more. Plus Luke never took over Leach post game interviews like he has the past two weeks. What other player would be able to put a mustache ride mustache on him during a nationally televised game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see comparing Minshew to Falk....

Numbers wise you can easily. I mean numbers do lie a little bit in terms of what is actually a pass. He has more passes to than anyone but at least 1/4 of those are actually running plays. When a RB gets the ball 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage I don’t really consider it a pass.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re way off... just stop. :L
Not at all the TD and yardage differential. Is a shift between rushing TD's and passing TDs. If you're principle between comparing QB's is bad on systems. That would give Murray the edge. Murray has an Oklahoma team with absolutely no defense at 1 loss and in contention for a CCG and possible play off spot......

Here's a very interesting stat. LSU defense supposed to be one of Tuas biggest tests. And is referenced often in regards to this topic

J’mar Smith 330 yars Passing 3 TD’s 1 Int

Tua 225 yards passing 2 TD 1 Int

The G5 QB outperformed Tua and the only difference in the games. Louisiana techs defense isn't as god as Bamas and came up just short. To reminds me of Leinart great college QB with a lot of hype a great supporting cast. I do credit Alabama for having a great team. But the other QB's mean much ore to their teams. And would not be where they are without them

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers wise you can easily. I mean numbers do lie a little bit in terms of what is actually a pass. He has more passes to than anyone but at least 1/4 of those are actually running plays. When a RB gets the ball 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage I don’t really consider it a pass.
Numbers only go so far tho. Numbers may be comparable to Falk but what Minshew has done for Wazzu. Down to the little details I cant compare Minshew to Falk.As far as heisman guys like Minshew etc...Mean a lot more to there perspective teams. To could be interchangeable and Bama wouldn't skip a beat