• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Update: apparently we didn't beat the Packers...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
...because they beat themselves.

Packers' Jarrett Bush says 49ers 'really didn't beat us' - NFL.com

Now, I'll be the first to say that I've used this line, including after the NFC Championship game. You know, the game in which two fairly fluky fumbles off punts cost us a game when the D was completely dominant except for a single drive at the end of the first half. But the Packers were so soundly dominated yesterday, on both sides of the ball, that they were only kind of in the game because of a fluky play in which one of the most blatant blocks in the back I have ever seen went uncalled and resulted in a potentially huge TD in terms of momentum.

Like Silver, though, I kind of like this response. I'll be hoping the Packers "beat themselves" again this week against the Bears.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said something similar to NFC title game as well...

Bush is crying over spilled milk... Rodgers gave us credit, enough said.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to lose respect for the Packers first Matthews says the Giants didn't beat them now this. Man up dude and admit the better team won and say our defense has to get better. Don't take shots at the team that just dominated you in your house.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sometimes a true statement, but packers were beat bad because our defense shut down their offense and our offense kept their defense on their heels. 5 straight scoring drives. Enough said

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S/N aye crimson are you going to do a review of the game? I really enjoyed them as you usually gave some insight that I missed while watching.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes a true statement, but packers were beat bad because our defense shut down their offense and our offense kept their defense on their heels. 5 straight scoring drives. Enough said

Exactly I said to my buddy who is a packers fan "dude I don't remember us punting since the 1st drive." and sure enough we were deep in the 3rd when they Buck said Lee for his 2nd punt of the day.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
S/N aye crimson are you going to do a review of the game? I really enjoyed them as you usually gave some insight that I missed while watching.

I may at some point. I'm goign to try to re-watch at least some of it. I missed most of the first quarter - and nearly had a mental and emotional breakdown in the process - trying to find a sports bar my sister directed me to that was apparently inside a bolwing alley. The entire first half was kid of a blur. But I'll try to get something out later tonight or tomorrow.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly I said to my buddy who is a packers fan "dude I don't remember us punting since the 1st drive." and sure enough we were deep in the 3rd when they Buck said Lee for his 2nd punt of the day.

Yeah, I was kind of shocked when I noticed that about Lee. I was like, wait a minute, this is Niners football, right? Andy better watch out or he's not a lock for team MVP this year....

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may at some point. I'm goign to try to re-watch at least some of it. I missed most of the first quarter - and nearly had a mental and emotional breakdown in the process - trying to find a sports bar my sister directed me to that was apparently inside a bolwing alley. The entire first half was kid of a blur. But I'll try to get something out later tonight or tomorrow.

Cool no worries if you can't I think your talents are better suited for a loss anyway because all the chicken littles show up and you give them some perspective. And a sports bar inside a bowling alley? How does that work exactly?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarrett Bush might be on to something here... It's no secret that Rodgers grew up a Niners fan and dreamed of someday wearing a 49ers jersey. Well since he made a bet that if the Packers lose, he will wear an Alex Smith jersey for the rest of the week, he took this chance to live out his childhood dream without people getting suspicious as to why he is wearing a 49ers jersey.... :P:P:P

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, the Packers have always been classless, as have their fans.

I'm just glad the media is finally taking them to task for being classless sore losers.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

C'mon Crimson, you're slacking man. You got us use to that treat and now you're trying to deprive us of it. You're slacking man!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cool no worries if you can't I think your talents are better suited for a loss anyway because all the chicken littles show up and you give them some perspective. And a sports bar inside a bowling alley? How does that work exactly?

I (foolishly) met up with my sister for lunch before the game and she recommended a sports bar she had found online for me to watch. I should have looked into it myself. I was driving up and down San Pablo Ave looking for an Irish pub/sports bar that seemingly wasn't at the address my sister gave me. Fortunately my wife called and looked on her phone (I'm one of about eight people out there without a smart phone) as I was getting very close to losing my shit - or was in the process of it, depending on one's perspective - and told me it was in the bowling alley. It turned out to be fine once I got there, but I was really the only Niner fan in there.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
C'mon Crimson, you're slacking man. You got us use to that treat and now you're trying to deprive us of it. You're slacking man!

Haha. I'll do it tonight. Can't at work today. Too busy.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haha. I'll do it tonight. Can't at work today. Too busy.

No problem. I'm just teasing you my dude. You might not even get a chance to do it tonight. There are two monday night games this evening. Just do it Tuesday night, before hump day (our mind set will be on the Lions by then).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If time permits i hope you do. I've always enjoyed your review.