• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming Schedule - Good News?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite another loss in a game they should have won last night there is a little brightness in the future. After the shellacking they will take from the Rams this week they have three winnable games in a row; at Arizona, at home against the Raiders and at home against the Giants. Possibly the three worst teams in football with the possible exception of the 49ers.
Bottom line is that, although Beathard will probably find a way to lose all three, its still possible they could come into the bye week on a winning streak.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite another loss in a game they should have won last night there is a little brightness in the future. After the shellacking they will take from the Rams this week they have three winnable games in a row; at Arizona, at home against the Raiders and at home against the Giants. Possibly the three worst teams in football with the possible exception of the 49ers.
Bottom line is that, although Beathard will probably find a way to lose all three, its still possible they could come into the bye week on a winning streak.

At the end of the day, does it really matter? If I watch the game I actually do want them to win but at this point we are just going through the motions of a lost season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, does it really matter? If I watch the game I actually do want them to win but at this point we are just going through the motions of a lost season.
The team needs some confidence that they can win games otherwise they will just quit. I'm with you, it doesn't matter, but it would be fun to see them win a couple. There was nothing at all to feel good about last night, not a thing, after the way they collapsed from head coach all the way down.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team needs some confidence that they can win games otherwise they will just quit. I'm with you, it doesn't matter, but it would be fun to see them win a couple. There was nothing at all to feel good about last night, not a thing, after the way they collapsed from head coach all the way down.

I know. I would rather see them win a few than tank. I can't watch the games to root for a tank. They just aren't a good team right now. They have some holes to fill this coming offseason and if they end up getting a high 1st round pick, they need to hit on it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I would rather see them win a few than tank. I can't watch the games to root for a tank. They just aren't a good team right now. They have some holes to fill this coming offseason and if they end up getting a high 1st round pick, they need to hit on it.
Where do you start though? Corner back? Edge Rusher? Those two positions seem to be the most glaring weaknesses. They also could use a Safety who understands coverage schemes as well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you start though? Corner back? Edge Rusher? Those two positions seem to be the most glaring weaknesses. They also could use a Safety who understands coverage schemes as well.

That is where I see the two biggest needs. Edge Rusher and Cornerback. Safety is another potential issue. Colbert has been a big disappointment. Safety has been a buyers market in free agency so they could at the very least pick up someone who at least can play average.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where I see the two biggest needs. Edge Rusher and Cornerback. Safety is another potential issue. Colbert has been a big disappointment. Safety has been a buyers market in free agency so they could at the very least pick up someone who at least can play average.
Yep. The last two games the first play from scrimmage has been a huge gainer down the middle of the field with Colbert nowhere in site. He needs to improve his coverage skills or at least understand his responsibility in various coverages. I liked the way he was flying around last year making tackles before he got hurt but his coverage and that of Maybin and Ward have really been awful. Guys that can cover are no good unless you can get pressure on the QB though. I will say though that two of the sacks last night were definitely coverage sacks and that shocked me.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i certainly agree with the first bolden. We don't want the locker to explode from within, losing will wreak havoc.

Don't quite agree with the second. It felt GOOD to be leading or otherwise "in the game" well into the 4th quarter. They went 3 and out on the very last two possesions, had they made ONE more completion, likely enough to ice the game. It felt WAY better than knowing you'll lose by the 2nd quarter.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yep, we're closer to that 2-14 team than we thought. So although we won't go anywhere this season, a few wins will reinforce the belief in the Coaches/scheme.

Yes, they not only have to hit that 1st rounder, but get 3-4 quality players total. "Quality" can vary from All-Pro to good starter, but there are definitely spotS to upgrade.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

the EDGE Rusher is obvious granted we don't want to force one. I'd be fine with a CB next or even a SAM.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i certainly agree with the first bolden. We don't want the locker to explode from within, losing will wreak havoc.

Don't quite agree with the second. It felt GOOD to be leading or otherwise "in the game" well into the 4th quarter. They went 3 and out on the very last two possesions, had they made ONE more completion, likely enough to ice the game. It felt WAY better than knowing you'll lose by the 2nd quarter.
My only takeaway from the game was that no matter how well this team plays for 3 and a half quarters they will find a way to lose at the end as long as Beathard is the QB.
The 3 and outs at the end of the game when it counted were indicative of how bad and unprepared for success they are. Shanahan gets a lot of the blame though. Calling a running play twice in a row from the 5 yard line with 9 in the box and the corners up in man press coverage. You cannot, absolutely cannot, run in that situation. There are three players left unaccounted for in that scenario. I wonder if Beathard is not allowed to change the play at the line but since he didn't they had no chance of success. You have to check out of that call and throw a pass.
The three and out from their own 46 is unacceptable. The panic I saw in Beathard's face and the horrendous play calling was atrocious.
Don't even get me started on the coverage schemes on the last Packer drive with no timeouts. These clowns were driving them to the sideline instead of away from it. It was appallingly bad.

Pardon the rant.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My only takeaway from the game was that no matter how well this team plays for 3 and a half quarters they will find a way to lose at the end as long as Beathard is the QB.
The 3 and outs at the end of the game when it counted were indicative of how bad and unprepared for success they are. Shanahan gets a lot of the blame though. Calling a running play twice in a row from the 5 yard line with 9 in the box and the corners up in man press coverage. You cannot, absolutely cannot, run in that situation. There are three players left unaccounted for in that scenario. I wonder if Beathard is not allowed to change the play at the line but since he didn't they had no chance of success. You have to check out of that call and throw a pass.
The three and out from their own 46 is unacceptable. The panic I saw in Beathard's face and the horrendous play calling was atrocious.
Don't even get me started on the coverage schemes on the last Packer drive with no timeouts. These clowns were driving them to the sideline instead of away from it. It was appallingly bad.

Pardon the rant.

Oh yeah, unacceptable. Most other teams would win it at the end given a short field and only needing a field goal.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so in theory they could be 4-6 at the bye week.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the EDGE Rusher is obvious granted we don't want to force one. I'd be fine with a CB next or even a SAM.

They won't have to force an edge rusher most of the top players in the draft are pass rushers and they will be picking high enough to get one.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so in theory they could be 4-6 at the bye week.
Yep. Except that Beathard will always find a way to lose. I'll be pleased if they are 4-6 but after what I saw on Monday night in the 4th quarter I'm not optimistic.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Except that Beathard will always find a way to lose. I'll be pleased if they are 4-6 but after what I saw on Monday night in the 4th quarter I'm not optimistic.

No me either, I think if they win one or two of those next four games it's probably about as much as we could hope for.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was good to see the 49ers still playing hard monday night. if they keep that up, they can win some games.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thinking what would happen with Suh, Jarret, or this guy..
5. Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson*
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 340

As I wrote in my way-too-early Big Board, big-bodied guys who move like Lawrence and can eat gaps don't last long in the draft. And Lawrence has shown that he is more than a plugger -- he has nine sacks in two seasons.

Week 1 matchup: vs. Furman on Saturday at 12:20 p.m. ET on ACC Network/ESPN app.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No me either, I think if they win one or two of those next four games it's probably about as much as we could hope for.
On paper they can beat all of those teams, especially with the Giants and Raiders being at home. But there is just something about Beathard; he has a loser's aura about him. He makes critical mistakes but he also has some terrible luck. Some guys are like that and I'm afraid Beathard is one of them.

When he is playing, you know something is going to happen with him, you don't know what it is but it will happen to him.