• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undrafted College Free Agents

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm just ignorant when comparing Malik and Wolfe but didn't they play mostly outside and in ? Malik more NT and Wolfe more Dt/ rush/ outside contain where Malik was more straight on bull rush up middle/pressure in qb face/ middle run containment ?. To me anyway, they played mostly different roles so I don't see similarity like you guys are talking. Sly and Malik are closer comparisons except Sly rarely put good pressure up middle for pass rush than Malik did. Color me stupid but Denver hasn't had the combo Malik provided since well before he got going and obviously since then. Walker to me was is better comparison for that type of need with Malik. What do I know though. I'm old and slow. :)

Speaking only in terms of dollars, and value to the team.

To me, it seems like while Malik was grossly overpaid, we might be better off with Malik at a higher number and having Wolfe walk than vice versa.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking only in terms of dollars, and value to the team.

To me, it seems like while Malik was grossly overpaid, we might be better off with Malik at a higher number and having Wolfe walk than vice versa.

You are so full of shit .lol

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no clue ..........................................................................................................LGM

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolf was also on a tear thought the play-offs ..He also does not pile on or get dumb as hell flags

He plays one way the right way every snap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As CD pointed out after signing that contract just before and after he was really producing on the field for a wile there he was leading the league . something like 15 sacks though 15 games it was damn fine stats for a wile

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Wolf wants to eat Brady's kids that alone is good reason to sign him long term

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His snap anticipation is all over the board. When he fires off the ball the man does some damage. The problem is it just isn't consistent. This is where Von could be a huge help as that is one of his best strengths.

Mostly I see 2 main issues with Walker

1) Gets washed out of plays way too easily. We thought Crick was bad this past year of holding the edge well Walker would be worse if he had to start day 1.

2) He just doesn't have a plan presnap of what he wants to do. He does this weird diagnose the play first then make a decision of what he wants to do. Well by that point the OL has already gotten into position making it near impossible to win.

I think he will contribute some this year. Wouldn't shock me if he is like Wolfe his rookie year and gets soemthign like 5 sacks as teams pay attention to everybody else but him. Just not sure I see a star player coming out of this pick and for a premium pick that is not what I want to think.

That would be weird but there is DC's that do read and react .stupid as hell IMO.

My guess is this guy measures and times like Malik . And Brass thinks they can get him playing similar .

who knows ...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be weird but there is DC's that do read and react .stupid as hell IMO.

My guess is this guy measures and times like Malik . And Brass thinks they can get him playing similar .

who knows ...

Obviously that is the hope with a guy like Walker. I hope he proves me and others wrong. I hope every draft pick the Broncos make whether I like them or not work out. There is definitely some talent there with Walker. Plenty of people had him high in this draft. I think Mel Kiper had him as the 31st best player in the entire draft. So getting him then at 51 is huge value. I don't see that as I think he would be better suited in the 4-3 coming off the edge. Kind of like Wolfe was for us early on in his career then kick inside on pass rushing situations. I just have a hard time seeing Walker hold up full-time on the edge. The other issue to me is Jackson had a body type that allowed him to add a lot more muscle. Not sure Walker does. I'm afraid that he has maxed out for the most part. Again just have to see.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna prove you wrong. :)

Hell, I am a Florida fan and even I believe in the Seminole. I like to keep it real.

Sure beats Ty Sammy and Heurmen type picks to me, at least Walker was a stud in college. Watching damn near every FSU game this year with Derwin James on the injury shelf, Walker stood out to me more then anyone else on the field in nearly all of his games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, I am a Florida fan and even I believe in the Seminole. I like to keep it real.

Sure beats Ty Sammy and Heurmen type picks to me, at least Walker was a stud in college. Watching damn near every FSU game this year with Derwin James on the injury shelf, Walker stood out to me more then anyone else on the field in nearly all of his games.

I really do hope I am wrong. I would love to see the kid succeed as that means good things for our team!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people saw different guys - some say Walker has a high motor (that's what I saw) - some say he took plays off. I like the pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effort guy, good motor, gets pressure on the QB, creates wild passes... He does a lot of things that go unnoticed. If you watched any FSU games this year you would see him stand out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do hope I am wrong. I would love to see the kid succeed as that means good things for our team!

I know the feeling. Anytime Denver makes a pick I don't really like I am their own biggest fan to prove me wrong.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Carter from our undrafted class may have a shot as a special teams guy. He made an impact at Miami on ST's.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In General the UDFA class - is not on the level of past classes.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's Heuerman. Not Heurmen. He's been on the team for 2 years can we at least get the name right. Geez

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes @Draft Crazy - whenever you spell Heuerman - and find yourself wondering what the next letter is - go with an "e."

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never spell his name right because I don't see his last name enough as he is never on the field to learn it.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live by the sword...die by the sword.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our list got a lil better

DENVER BRONCOS UDFAs
Erik Austell, OL, Charleston Southern
Josh Banderas, LB, Nebraska
Dante Barnett, S, Kansas State (Guy I thought had a little chance to get drafted)
Jamal Carter, S, Miami
Ken Ekanem, DE, Virginia Tech
Jerrol Garcia-Williams, LB, Hawaii
Deon Hollins, LB, UCLA
Cameron Hunt, OT, Oregon (Had a shot to go late)
Tyrique Jarrett, NT, Pittsburgh
Anthony Nash, WR, Duke (Good size, was set for decent year before breaking collarbone)
Marcus Rios, CB, UCLA
Kyle Sloter, QB, Northern Colorado
Shakir Soto, DL, Pittsburgh
Orion Stewart, DB, Baylor (Same boat as Barnett)
Dymonte Thomas, S, Michigan

I like the added players.

One of these S's has a shot to make our team, IMO between Carter, Barnett, Stewart and Thomas. Stewart might be the most ready to play now. Thomas the most upside, Carter the best special teams guy and Barnett may be the best all around. See how it fairs out.

Nash seems like a great PS possibility.