• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Undercurrent?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue has occasionally reared its head over the years and once again, it's being seen when it comes to the current QB Jayden Daniels. If you're not aware it takes the form like this; [paraphrasing] "You have got to give Kliff Kingsbury a lot of credit," which seems innocent enough but is it? Enter Marcus Mariotta who appears shaky at first, then follows with one of his better days as a professional QB, leading to at least one poster inferring that it's the system and not the particular player, hence the Kingsbury comment.

My question:

Given Mariotta's performance who deserves the lion's share of credit for this offensive turnaround Daniels or Kingsbury? (not both equally that's the cop out)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After one game, I can understand why somebody may make that statement. MM looked pretty good but that is a one game sample. MM also missed a couple of big plays with his lack of accuracy. If MM continues to play, we will see the less but I would say that is the best MM ever looked.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After one game, I can understand why somebody may make that statement. MM looked pretty good but that is a one game sample. MM also missed a couple of big plays with his lack of accuracy. If MM continues to play, we will see the less but I would say that is the best MM ever looked.
All good observations, but they don't address the question.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, JD is the obvious answer. KK does not have a sustained history of success and neither does MM. KK is not Kyle Shanahan.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, JD is the obvious answer. KK does not have a sustained history of success and neither does MM. KK is not Kyle Shanahan.
Considering some of the posts mentioned, I'm not sure that it's as obvious as it appears to be for the rest of us.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s equal , KK is grooming him correctly but JD5 has special talent

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue has occasionally reared its head over the years and once again, it's being seen when it comes to the current QB Jayden Daniels. If you're not aware it takes the form like this; [paraphrasing] "You have got to give Kliff Kingsbury a lot of credit," which seems innocent enough but is it? Enter Marcus Mariotta who appears shaky at first, then follows with one of his better days as a professional QB, leading to at least one poster inferring that it's the system and not the particular player, hence the Kingsbury comment.

My question:

Given Mariotta's performance who deserves the lion's share of credit for this offensive turnaround Daniels or Kingsbury? (not both equally that's the cop out)
Who cares? They both deserve credit in that both are doing their jobs at a high level.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lord I can't even believe this question is being asked. As j_y said "who cares, it is working and it is fun." 36 years of crappy football and we are worrying who deserves the most credit? Let's give it to Josh, AP, DQ and his coaches and ALL the players.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question:

in this particular case, I'd like to see more context around phrases such as "you have got to give Kliff a lot of credit"
Even the announcers calling the game are probably awestruck. In no way, at least to me are these statements attempting to overshadow
playcalling over execution. I strongly believe if Mariota was the starter we would not be 5-2.
I take it as KK being flexible and balanced, it could always have been KK is calling a bad game and needs to tailor more to JD

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's at least one poster here who has been suggesting this. I won't put him on blast unless absolutely necessary, so you guys will either have to trust that I've collected the evidence or just collectively say "fuk him" post your evidence which I'm very reluctant to do because that's not the point. To be clear, this is a thing and it has to be addressed now or after the Bears game if Marriotta starts and shines.

Any way... Skip forward to the 1:59 mark and folowing that the 11 minute mark. (when they are talking about Jayden)

18:21
Now playing

Baker slides down to Row 4, where Lamar's big game puts him on Mahomes Mountain | FIRST THINGS FIRST

127K views7 hours ago
First Things First
Nick Wright reveals who's climbing up and sliding down his Week 8 QB tiers, including Baker Mayfield

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question:

probably both.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's at least one poster here who has been suggesting this. I won't put him on blast unless absolutely necessary, so you guys will either have to trust that I've collected the evidence or just collectively say "fuk him" post your evidence which I'm very reluctant to do because that's not the point. To be clear, this is a thing and it has to be addressed now or after the Bears game if Marriotta starts and shines.

Any way... Skip forward to the 1:59 mark and folowing that the 11 minute mark. (when they are talking about Jayden)

18:21
Now playing

Baker slides down to Row 4, where Lamar's big game puts him on Mahomes Mountain | FIRST THINGS FIRST

127K views7 hours ago
First Things First
Nick Wright reveals who's climbing up and sliding down his Week 8 QB tiers, including Baker Mayfield
I place zero stock in Nicks takes on a week to week basis. No one else on the panel believed it either.

The only hot take that would possibly gain traction is ‘the best quality being availability’ since questions about Jayden’s frame and durability, given the shots he took in college have some merit.

But once again, that’s a hot take that will gain clicks after 7 weeks and a rib injury.

We all know that Jayden has to be smart with his decisions and protect himself from big hits at the NFL level. So far, he has mostly made wise decisions.

I must be clueless but I haven’t really noticed any poster standing on a hill declaring Jayden a ‘system ‘ QB but anyone saying that KK, Lyn and DQ havent played a part (personally don’t care how you divvy it up) in Jayden’s success is not credible.

Regardless, Jayden remains the #1 part that makes it all special, magical and successful.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did,nt shock me dq got rid of davis just that it took so long.
Dotson, Davis, and probably Forbes in the long run are all symbolic of the change indicating that professionals who intend to do the job are at work, instead of professionals who were here to get paid. It's a damning indictment on the previous owner and the folks that he hired.

Why do you suppose they almost instantly moved Davis to DE, instead of trying to utilize his speed, as was done in Dallas with Micah? He was, after all, a natural linebacker.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I place zero stock in Nicks takes on a week to week basis. No one else on the panel believed it either.

The only hot take that would possibly gain traction is ‘the best quality being availability’ since questions about Jayden’s frame and durability, given the shots he took in college have some merit.

But once again, that’s a hot take that will gain clicks after 7 weeks and a rib injury.

We all know that Jayden has to be smart with his decisions and protect himself from big hits at the NFL level. So far, he has mostly made wise decisions.

I must be clueless but I haven’t really noticed any poster standing on a hill declaring Jayden a ‘system ‘ QB but anyone saying that KK, Lyn and DQ havent played a part (personally don’t care how you divvy it up) in Jayden’s success is not credible.

Regardless, Jayden remains the #1 part that makes it all special, magical and successful.
That's fine, but let's not pretend that he doesn't have a national platform from which he's planted this notion. It will only grow if MM goes on to have similar results in his starts and could effect the manner in which Jayden is evaluated with respect to ROTY, MVP or even as a creditable starter in the league.

Nick Wright, like the poster or posters that I write about never stood on a hill making such declarations, they intimated it. One almost directly (Wright) and the other(s) through the prism of historical posts dating back to other first round QBs selected by this organization. That's as close as I choose to get to any sort of revelation at this time.

No one is saying that DQ, KK, Lyn or any of this team hasn't played a part, they definitely have, but the insinuation is a shot at Daniels, just as Broussard pointed out in the video.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but let's not pretend that he doesn't have a national platform from which he's planted this notion. It will only grow if MM goes on to have similar results in his starts and could effect the manner in which Jayden is evaluated with respect to ROTY, MVP or even as a creditable starter in the league.

Nick Wright, like the poster or posters that I write about never stood on a hill making such declarations, they intimated it. One almost directly (Wright) and the other(s) through the prism of historical posts dating back to other first round QBs selected by this organization. That's as close as I choose to get to any sort of revelation at this time.

No one is saying that DQ, KK, Lyn or any of this team hasn't played a part, they definitely have, but the insinuation is a shot at Daniels, just as Broussard pointed out in the video.
I get the implied criticism going on but not really worried in regards to ROTY and MVP (which by the way, seems absurd to me at week 7, given performances of players like Lamar, Goff, Henry etc)

Jayden is getting more shine from everyone than a rookie has ever received or seen.

If he gets derailed by injury, it might be bad luck but the durable narrative will never go away regardless. That’s why he must be a smart decision maker when it comes to avoidable hits.

Jayden will prove his excellence on the field over time and I’m sure he doesn’t want it any other way. In fact, he doesn’t place stock in the outside noise at all. It’s simply fans that get outraged.