• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Underclassmen decisions; Updated lists

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was listening to the press conference. Barkley took a little stab at the NCAA saying that they basically got fucked with the punishment. I think USC is going to be tough to beat next year. They have a talented and motivated team. Can't wait for next season already.

To bad Barkley couldn't talk Kalil into staying with him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What don't you like about him? Seems like he does everything well.

I'm not convinced he'll be above average in the NFL at this point. I think a lot of the throws he completes in college would be picked off in the NFL. He has great WRs, so he can get away with throwing into coverage in college, but he won't be able to in the NFL.

I'm not saying he'll be bad; I just see him in that 3rd teir of QBs behind the elites & the goods. It might even come down to if his arm can get stronger in the next year. It could; Rodgers' arm definitely got stronger from his rookie year to now IMO. Rodgers was a junior when he came out; sometimes a man's body isn't even done developing at that age.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not convinced he'll be above average in the NFL at this point. I think a lot of the throws he completes in college would be picked off in the NFL. He has great WRs, so he can get away with throwing into coverage in college, but he won't be able to in the NFL.

I'm not saying he'll be bad; I just see him in that 3rd teir of QBs behind the elites & the goods. It might even come down to if his arm can get stronger in the next year. It could; Rodgers' arm definitely got stronger from his rookie year to now IMO. Rodgers was a junior when he came out; sometimes a man's body isn't even done developing at that age.

As long as he can make those throws in college, that's all I care about........unles he comes to the 49ers somehow. I care about what he does for SC not the Tenessee Titans or the Jacksonville Jaguars. But, if Christian Ponder can do it, Barkley definitely can too.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not even close to convinced Christian Ponder CAN do it.

So far he has. The one thing that might hurt Barkley is his average arm strength but he is so accurate and has such a grasp of the game. He also will have had 4 years starting in the pro style offense that USC plays. That puts him way ahead of the game coming in.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that T.J McDonald is going back to school, he'd probably be the first fs taken. I don't think there is much more he can show next season to be drafted much higher than late 1st.
I thought he was going to replace Goldson.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
damn, not that the chances were very good to trade up, but got a little harder to get RGIII now

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that T.J McDonald is going back to school, he'd probably be the first fs taken. I don't think there is much more he can show next season to be drafted much higher than late 1st.
I thought he was going to replace Goldson.

I think they are coming back to win it all and put up a big middle finger to the NCAA.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
First round pick' was he not? Holding one of 32 jobs in the entire world, is he not? Someone certainly thinks highly of him. I'd say he's doing pretty well.

Ok compared to me he's amazing. I don't have one of those 32 jobs. That doesn't make him a good NFL QB. I don't think he ever will be. Average? Maybe one day (especially if the Vikings get Matt Kalil).

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok compared to me he's amazing. I don't have one of those 32 jobs. That doesn't make him a good NFL QB. I don't think he ever will be. Average? Maybe one day (especially if the Vikings get Matt Kalil).

Fair enough. I'm not sure he's going to be a top flite QB either but he is starting as a rookie and that is pretty good. Its fair to say, I think, that he has a long way to go.