• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Underclassmen decisions; Updated lists

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports reports that Stanford QB Andrew Luck is expected to sign with Tom Condon and the Creative Artists Agency.
This is particularly notable because Condon also reps Peyton Manning. One of the most powerful agents in football, Condon will probably do his best to make sure Luck and Manning both play somewhere in 2012, and ideally not on the same team. Assuming Manning is medically cleared within the next few months, we expect the Colts to sever ties be it either via trade or his release

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Post expects the Redskins to draft a franchise quarterback this April.
Most folks expected the Skins to draft a franchise signal caller last April. Instead, Washington traded down several times to accumulate more picks, and came away with one of the best, deepest draft classes in the league. This year, Mike Shanahan is expected to set his sights on what is expected to be an elite quarterback crop. Early speculation has linked the Redskins to Baylor's Robert Griffin, USC's Matt Barkley, and Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each year the NFL Advisory Committee is slammed with requests from underclassmen seeking to gauge their grade from pro scouts. Most of the elite underclassmen request a grade. Whether they come out or go back, no one was surprised to learn that Barkley, Griffin, Alabama running back Trent Richardson and LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne asked for feedback. There are some surprising names also requesting grades, sources tell me, including San Diego State running back Ronnie Hillman and Oregon safety John Boyett.
• Another junior rumored to be exploring the jump to the NFL is Syracuse safety Phillip Thomas, who was suspended November 18 for an undisclosed violation of team rules. Despite playing two games less than his teammates, Thomas led the Orange in tackles (83) and the entire Big East conference in interceptions (six).
• Notably absent in the quarterback conversation for many scouts any more is Oklahoma junior Landry Jones. That's because scouts expect Jones to return for his senior season. "He's an awfully talented guy," one scout said, "but he's had a disappointing year. He could return and with a big senior season jump right back up into that top 10 mix."

Draft notebook: Don't sleep on 'other' quarterbacks in deep '12 draft class - NFL - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LaMichael James is a guy I would be incredibly happy with us drafting.

The thing that scares me he is known to fumble the football and we already have Gore and hunter unless he drops in the draft i doubt the 49ers would draft him!!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys...let's put all our thoughts into Barkley staying one more year. I'm sending the stay one more year vibes out there. He has a press conference at 1 today to announce. The fact that McDonald and now possibly Kalil are staying is a good sign. If you are a fan of USC or not, college football is better with Barkley staying.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys...let's put all our thoughts into Barkley staying one more year. I'm sending the stay one more year vibes out there. He has a press conference at 1 today to announce. The fact that McDonald and now possibly Kalil are staying is a good sign. If you are a fan of USC or not, college football is better with Barkley staying.

Am I missing something? Kalil already said he's gone.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early word Matt Barkley is returning to school.

Official statement will be made at 1.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eThamelNYTPete Thamel

Barkley has told teammates he’s returning. Look for good news for USC fans at 4.

@Andy_Staples @GoodmanCBS Don't forget, this decision involves both college football AND NFL media. Big swath of interest.

Former NFL scout @DaveRazzano says he considers Barkley a better prospect than Mark Sanchez. Saw him a Top 10 pick this year.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staying.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something? Kalil already said he's gone.

Clyde... a lot of radio talk this morning has been did he really sign with an agent or not. Not sure where they are getting this info from, but there seems to be some doubt as to if he actually signed or not.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to the press conference. Barkley took a little stab at the NCAA saying that they basically got fucked with the punishment. I think USC is going to be tough to beat next year. They have a talented and motivated team. Can't wait for next season already.

Last edited by a moderator: