• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh. What happened at U of Alabama?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing my people, if someone pops a gun out it isn't going to be a mass shooting.....just a mass shootout. I'll put it this way, the last time I was at home my mom was showing me the AR-15 she got for her 54th birthday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but in pretty much any state except Utah I believe, even with a concealed carry permit you are not allowed to carry your weapon outside of your vehicle.

I meant to add on a university campus. Sorry about that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: What if a business posts a sign stating “No Firearms?”
A: While there is no law against carrying a firearm into a business that posts such a sign, GeorgiaCarry.Org encourages its members to respect the private property owner’s wishes. Why support such a business with your hard-earned money? There are plenty of businesses that support your right to bear arms. They are more deserving of your support.
Should a business owner or his agent ask you to leave while you are carrying a firearm, do so immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible. Failure to leave within a reasonable time, or refusing to leave, is a criminal offense known as “criminal trespass.” In addition, please maintain a polite demeanor so as to project a good image of yourself and other GCO members to the business owner and any witnesses even when asked to leave.

Q: Can I carry in a city or county park?
A: Yes! GeorgiaCarry.Org fought battles with several cities and counties over this issue, and has been victorious each time. State law preempts local ordinances on this issue.

This is consistent with Oklahoma. The exceptions are school grounds, including universities, government buildings including the post office, and stadiums for sporting events in the like.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but in pretty much any state except Utah I believe, even with a concealed carry permit you are not allowed to carry your weapon outside of your vehicle.

:wtf: i believe you is wrong

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is consistent with Oklahoma. The exceptions are school grounds, including universities, government buildings including the post office, and stadiums for sporting events in the like.

Federal buildings only though right. State buildings each have their own regs.

Oregon is ok in state building as long as designated no guns.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conceal and open carry often have different permits don't they?

Our state they are one on the same.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conceal and open carry often have different permits don't they?

Our state they are one on the same.

In Alabama a permit is required to legally carry concealed, the only requirement for open carry is you must not be a person prohibited from owning a firearm, there is no open carry permit.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've met several open carry people and I've attended a few open carry group meetings. The vast majority of the ones I've met don't care about the 2nd Amendment, they are losers who are open carrying just to get attention. They were what I'd call the social degenerates, the weirdo in school that dressed in goth type, the joe dirt trailer park type, the barn fan type, etc...

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 suspect: Will Muschamp

#2 suspect: All Auburn fans

#3 suspect: Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same sort of threats happened at UGA on Friday. A guy on Yik Yak, an "anonymous" twitter app, said something to the effect of "if you want to live don't be at the MLC at 12:15." Police contacted Yik Yak and found out who posted it and now that idiot freshman has been charged with two felony terrorism counts. People can be really stupid. I'm glad everyone in Athens was ok and hope everyone in Tuscalosa is as well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've met several open carry people and I've attended a few open carry group meetings. The vast majority of the ones I've met don't care about the 2nd Amendment, they are losers who are open carrying just to get attention. They were what I'd call the social degenerates, the weirdo in school that dressed in goth type, the joe dirt trailer park type, the barn fan type, etc...

That's exactly right. The only reason I'm glad Oklahoma passed the open carry law is so if my shirt comes up I don't get arrested for exposing my firearm.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Alabama a permit is required to legally carry concealed, the only requirement for open carry is you must not be a person prohibited from owning a firearm, there is no open carry permit.

Open carry is legal for anyone in the state of Alabama (as long as you are not prohibited from owning a firearm). Your post basically said that but could be taken that you can't open carry which I know wasn't your intent.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dude this isn't a topic to troll on.

I disagree. The point of threats from lunatics is to terrorize, thus the only way to subvert that objective is a stiff upper lip and a little humor. In fact, the Brits have my favorite approach to situations like this: They purposely mock or ignore them.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open carry is legal for anyone in the state of Alabama (as long as you are not prohibited from owning a firearm). Your post basically said that but could be taken that you can't open carry which I know wasn't your intent.

:suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sick sick people out there!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound: