• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UGA gonna have to replace both coordinators?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Tucker is now the HC of Colorado, and Jim Chaney became a free agent today when his contract expired.

There's a chance that Chaney could come back, but if not, Buck Belue(natty winning QB that handed the ball off to Herschel) says James Coley is most likely gonna be the new OC. He's already the QB coach and co-OC, and he has playcalling experience.

The DC is a bit more interesting. I like Glenn Schumann, the current ILB coach who is the top ranked recruiter on the team and the defensive players call him the guru, but he's only 28, and I don't know if Kirby would be willing to put a coordinator title on a guy just a year older than me.

If you hire good coaches, I guess you have to plan on them leaving for better titles elsewhere, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous. This will be the first time Kirby's had to deal with any real turnover on the coaching staff.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA has been imploding a bit the past month it seems.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA has been imploding a bit the past month it seems.

Not really.

Only unexpected things that happened were Luke Ford transferring, and his grandparents in Illinois are in declining health, so I can't blame him and Jim Chaney not being extended, and if they just let him become a free agent, I'd assume Kirby was ready to move on anyways.

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Tucker is now the HC of Colorado, and Jim Chaney became a free agent today when his contract expired.

There's a chance that Chaney could come back, but if not, Buck Belue(natty winning QB that handed the ball off to Herschel) says James Coley is most likely gonna be the new OC. He's already the QB coach and co-OC, and he has playcalling experience.

The DC is a bit more interesting. I like Glenn Schumann, the current ILB coach who is the top ranked recruiter on the team and the defensive players call him the guru, but he's only 28, and I don't know if Kirby would be willing to put a coordinator title on a guy just a year older than me.

If you hire good coaches, I guess you have to plan on them leaving for better titles elsewhere, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous. This will be the first time Kirby's had to deal with any real turnover on the coaching staff.

I don't have a problem with Coley. It's my understanding that he's been involved in the play calling pretty much all season.

Schumann is a good question. His age makes me leery, but I've heard good things about him. He's proven to be a helluva recruiter and word is he is a player's coach. Extremely high football IQ.

I've also heard that he was involved in game planning with Smart and Saban while at Alabama. If this is true, I think he would be a good move to DC, in spite of his youth. He's not gonna be looked at for a Head Coaching position for at least a few years, so that would provide some continuity.

LSU02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that TX whoopin', I'm surprised Smart isn't heading for Knockersville.....:D

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Coley. It's my understanding that he's been involved in the play calling pretty much all season.

Schumann is a good question. His age makes me leery, but I've heard good things about him. He's proven to be a helluva recruiter and word is he is a player's coach. Extremely high football IQ.

I've also heard that he was involved in game planning with Smart and Saban while at Alabama. If this is true, I think he would be a good move to DC, in spite of his youth. He's not gonna be looked at for a Head Coaching position for at least a few years, so that would provide some continuity.

Coley was was promoted to CO-OC this season to keep him from leaving for Texas A&M to become the OC, and I'd have to think him taking over for Chaney after Chaney's contract runs out was Kirby's plan.

Since Kirby has proven to be a good defensive coach, I'm less concerned about Schumann's youth. Kirby's gonna have his hands on that defense, and Schumann seems to be wise beyond his years when it comes to football. And if players and recruits like him, he's a good hire by me unless he proves otherwise.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Only unexpected things that happened were Luke Ford transferring, and his grandparents in Illinois are in declining health, so I can't blame him and Jim Chaney not being extended, and if they just let him become a free agent, I'd assume Kirby was ready to move on anyways.
Yes really.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you I guess. I don't see it that way.
Dude the whole Fields situation. Smart making postgame comments after the SEC title game. Then UGA laying an egg in the Bowl game. If you can't see that there are problems that need to be addressed I dunno man.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing unless it's Alabama everything is falling a part. Losing both coordinators sucks especially if they are good.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude the whole Fields situation. Smart making postgame comments after the SEC title game. Then UGA laying an egg in the Bowl game. If you can't see that there are problems that need to be addressed I dunno man.

A freshmen that couldn't beat out a sophomore is transferring and it trying to use one racist idiot to get a waiver to play at Ohio State where he may lose out again to a sophomore qb. I think that sums it up.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone that kept up with it pretty well knew after the GT game that Fields was gonna transfer, especially when insiders were saying that Fromm has said he intends on playing out his eligibility.

Kirby trying to prop up his team and do his job, crucify him if it makes you feel good I guess.

We're not the only SEC team with natty hopes that fell short to lay an egg in the Sugar Bowl.

There's things that need to be addressed. We need to hire an OC and a DC(both likely gonna be promotions from within), but imploding? Pretty strong and a tad bit ignorant of the situation and circumstances.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A freshmen that couldn't beat out a sophomore is transferring and it trying to use one racist idiot to get a waiver to play at Ohio State where he may lose out again to a sophomore qb. I think that sums it up.
Yeah sweep it under the rug. No Offense but that is pretty big egg on the face for UGA the whole situation.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone that kept up with it pretty well knew after the GT game that Fields was gonna transfer, especially when insiders were saying that Fromm has said he intends on playing out his eligibility.

Kirby trying to prop up his team and do his job, crucify him if it makes you feel good I guess.

We're not the only SEC team with natty hopes that fell short to lay an egg in the Sugar Bowl.

There's things that need to be addressed. We need to hire an OC and a DC(both likely gonna be promotions from within), but imploding? Pretty strong and a tad bit ignorant of the situation and circumstances.
:pound: