• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UGA Fans - Kolton Houston

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey UGA Fans,

Just saw the article that Kolton Houston has just been reinstated. From what I have read he tested positive for a banned substance, but that was given to him by a doctor after a surgery. It still took the NCAA over 3 years to lift his suspension.

Is that really the case? Do you have any more information on this?

NCAA reinstates Georgia's Kolton Houston after three years - CBSSports.com

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. Only too bad it took so long. but UGA and CMR play by the book.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a doctor but I don't see how the substance could have been in his system for over 3 years. I can see if the level was high enough to provide an advantage but from what I read, the levels were not high enough give him any benefit and were declining. If that is true, why keep him suspended? Why dos it take 3 plus years for him to be cleared to play? Especially if the banned substance was administered by a doctor after surgery.

sallynemo

whole lotta shaking
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare any of you question the decisions made by the all mighty, all knowing, NCAA. They are above reproach. They are the ones that tell the Men In Black, what to do.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a doctor but I don't see how the substance could have been in his system for over 3 years. I can see if the level was high enough to provide an advantage but from what I read, the levels were not high enough give him any benefit and were declining. If that is true, why keep him suspended? Why dos it take 3 plus years for him to be cleared to play? Especially if the banned substance was administered by a doctor after surgery.

Because the NCAA was being a bunch of assholes on this. I assure you ... there wasn't a single doctor that disagreed with how the substance got into him, and that he had not taken any since. The NCAA never provided any medical evidence to the contrary, and in fact agreed with the UGa doctors. They simply chose to take the "no tolerance" line of reasoning ... they said your levels are too high, and until they go down you don't get to play.

It's been a travesty for this really good kid. But he has stuck in there, and it warms my heart to see that he will get to play this year. My hope is that the NCAA will give him a 3rd year of eligibility with a medical waiver. If anyone deserves that, it's this kid.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, it took the NCAA 4 years to figure out that Reggie Bush took money from an agent and we still don't know what they found out about Miami.

And I thought the Federal Gov-ment was slow.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, it took the NCAA 4 years to figure out that Reggie Bush took money from an agent and we still don't know what they found out about Miami.

And I thought the Federal Gov-ment was slow.

It isn't an issue about being slow ... it's about being unreasonable. No surprise there.

- The NCAA agreed that Kolton did not ingest the substance, but that it was injected by a doctor during an operation.

- The NCAA agreed that he had not subsequently taken the substance.

- The NCAA agreed that it didn't give him a competitive advantage.

- But, the NCAA said, we have a rule that says you can't be eligible if you have a level of this substance over X, and you are over X.

Total "no tolerance" bullshit.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only is this great for a great kid, but it really adds to our O line depth in a great way. First time we can say that in a while. And, they are all very young. Me likey!

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it take this long to get out of his system or was the NCAA just that slow?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it take this long to get out of his system or was the NCAA just that slow?

It took that long to get it out of his system. Just some crazy physical issue.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is this great for a great kid, but it really adds to our O line depth in a great way. First time we can say that in a while. And, they are all very young. Me likey!

Yep this is probably the one yr I'm NOT worried about our O-line

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took that long to get it out of his system. Just some crazy physical issue.
Wow that is kinda crazy. It does suck that it was not even his doing that caused this problem.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the suspension wasn't lifted. It was clear that he wasn't using PEDs. It was givin to him by a doctor during surgery. The NCAA can't do shit to Reggie Bush or any of the other people breaking the rules so the nail it to this kid just because they can.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the suspension wasn't lifted. It was clear that he wasn't using PEDs. It was givin to him by a doctor during surgery. The NCAA can't do shit to Reggie Bush or any of the other people breaking the rules so the nail it to this kid just because they can.

I've followed this since it started and couldn't believe it either. It's really the zero tolerance bullshit that pervades educational institutes to their detriment, in my opinion.

Thankfully he is a great kid, and will compete for some serious playing time this year. Let's just hope something crazy doesn't happen like an injury. I'd love to see him have a great season.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is that prick Emmert's response to UGa's appeal on behalf of Kolton:

“While I understand the institution’s empathy for Kolton’s situation, I am surprised the institution would make such a request. That surprise stems in part from the fact that Kolton tested positive in subsequent drug tests after his initial sanction, and the Drug Test Appeals Subcommittee did not impose additional sanctions . . . due to the “declining value” argument that supported the conclusion that there was no use of the banned substance. The exit test policy, however, which would require Kolton not to have elevated levels of the banned substance in his system prior to competing against other student-athletes who are competing clean, is not something that can be appealed because doing so would undermine the purpose of the drug-testing program. . . . The fact remains that Kolton currently has the presence of a banned substance in his system and will not be able to participate in NCAA competition until that presence drops to an appropriate threshold.”
He is surprised that an institution would go to bat for a student athlete, that was inadvertently and unknowingly and undisputedly injected with a drug; where the scientific facts conclude beyond doubt that he hadn't subsequently ingested the drug; and that the "elevated" levels of which dipshit Emmert speaks was so low as to not give him any competitive advantage. All because it "would undermine the purpose of the drug-testing program."

In other words zero tolerance bullshit at its worst.

And yet, after fucking up all sorts of things with the disciplinary issues at USC and Miami, this dipshit still has a fucking job as the head of the NCAA.